2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by FireDroid, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramzizaz

ramzizaz New Member

I just want flash support. Who cares about 2.1? home++ is awsome. I feel bad for the people running 1.5 though waiting for it.
  2. frbooker87

frbooker87 New Member

They said on the twitter link that they haven't even released an update yet guys. They have no reason to lie I think it was to kill the hype so people wont hate them when it didn't come out today.
  3. elgordo123

elgordo123 New Member

I second that. I just want flash.
  4. LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout New Member

Frankie says Relax...
  5. Phoxus

Phoxus New Member

Your Soul is mine!
  6. djstarion

djstarion New Member

They said they haven't released an update since the Dec. update. Doesn't mean that an update isn't coming. They're not gonna say that the update is coming at this exact date and time because when/if it doesn't happen even MORE people will bag on them for delaying.
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

FireDroid as HolyGrail already pointed out Miami made it clear he did not have confirmation on anything related to the 2.1 release.

There is no mention anywhere that this was in fact happening.

There are issues with 2.1 right now and remember 2.1 is not a huge departure from the current OS so updating and introducing these issues onto our device is not a good idea. I don't want to talk bad about a certain company ran by a guy named Balsillie but updating us to a half baked OS will not happen with this phone. You can bet on that. When you receive the update you can be assured it will not "break" anything and will operate properly.

I'd also like to mention that the newness would QUICKLY wear off in a couple of hours and this place would light up with complaints. I for one am quite happy sitting on a solid and reliable OS while they work on 2.1 for us.

It's not fun dealing with a buggy device and so far the Droid has been solid. No point in moving backward for only a few additions.

This whole 2.1 release is very fluid so when we have a good solid lead on the release you guys will be the first to know.

Thanks everyone
  8. Skymutt

Skymutt New Member

If they haven't released another OTA, what was the 60.41MB OTA that some people got a few days back? I know I didn't imagine it happening, I ignored it right away and eventually gave in and let it update. Then I re-rooted, and eventually manually applied it again just 2 days ago. Something tells me that whoever runs the moto twitter account doesn't have all the information.
  9. zfly9

zfly9 New Member

C'mon guys, just wait.

Remember 2.0.1 had an officail document of what was coming and when it was coming.

There is nothing like this for 2.1 which is a bigger update, it's not coming soon.
  10. Skymutt

Skymutt New Member

And that document specifically mentioned 1-22-10 as the date for some kind of update, maybe not 2.1, but the date was used multiple times in that leaked doc.
  11. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

All I can say, is as a Mod and a fellow DROID owner, I am waiting too. I want to see us get the new Flash just as bad as everyone else here. And yes, these are just Rumors. It is all rumors till it comes out into the wild. And our DROIDs start the upgrade process. Then the sparks will start to fly.

As much as some might think we are somehow connected to Motorola or Verizon, we aren't. So we live in the same world as everyone else here, waiting and wanting this new release.

So let's just keep this thread clean and fun, as we all chomp on the bitt waiting for it to eventually being pushed out to all of us. :icon_ devil:
  12. barbee

barbee New Member

All I want is for the browser (scrolling) speeds to be fixed. It got way worse with 2.0.1
  13. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule New Member

I got my 2.1 update this morning

Not really
  14. Stigy

Stigy New Member

My apologies...

I stepped away from my desk while cereal had already closed the 2.1 Waiting Area thread.

In that case I am going to re-open this thread, BUT PLEASE keep it under control.

Thanks.
  15. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

i dont think we know for sure that the browser scrolling will be better

and i doubt you got your 2.1 update this morning

edit: nice job on the white text, i couldnt even see it til the quote
  16. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

There are still phones with the old build up numbers. If the new build up is required; then we may have to wait until all the droids (active) have the build up before they push out 2.1.
    And as cereal mentioned, there could still be problem which delayed the release from the 1/22/10 release date that was speculated in november. They probably ran across an issue needed to be corrected.
  17. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

18. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

My feeling was that in the 12/11 update, the updates started on the previous Monday. The belief was that with a million Droids it was easier for them to send out the updates in groups of 200K. If that were so, we should've been seeing posts that they got the update starting on the 18th.
  19. TimChgo9

TimChgo9 New Member

I would love to see 2.1

But, I think we will be waiting a while longer for it. If I remember correctly, there was another thread where it was mentioned that 2.1 went to open source not too long ago, if that's the case, then the release has to be tested and what not before they release it.

I don't think I am off base in figuring it is going to be at least a month, possibly longer, before 2.1 is released to us. I am still at build ESD56, and I know there is some ESD59's and 61's out there, but I am not sure if that means anything. If they have to get everyone to the same build number, perhaps they will release a 2.0.2 prior to 2.1. I will wait until there is some announcement.
  20. MdicnMan

MdicnMan New Member

[​IMG]

Still at it.... will there be no mercy for this poor horse?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.