2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstarion

Reaction score
on that twitter link...they said timing about release of 2.1 for the Droid will be released whenever it gets closer to availability....so maybe we're not even close, since motorola or VZW hasnt said anything.... :(
They may not mention anything until it's actually released and flashed on people's devices already.

Isnt it possible that they have started rolling it out? Didn't it take like 3 days to push 2.0.1? It will get here. Maybe just no one here has gotten it yet
Exactly. The userbase on these forums is just a very small fractions of total Droid users.

nkcavs23

Reaction score
id say give it until 12-1 pm pst. its noon est here so give it a little time

frbooker87

Reaction score
Yep I had a feeling that Motorola would have said something on that twitter page if it was true.

Oh well I guess we'll just have to continue to wait...

ramzizaz

Reaction score
I just want flash support. Who cares about 2.1? home++ is awsome. I feel bad for the people running 1.5 though waiting for it.

frbooker87

Reaction score
They said on the twitter link that they haven't even released an update yet guys. They have no reason to lie I think it was to kill the hype so people wont hate them when it didn't come out today.

djstarion

Reaction score
They said on the twitter link that they haven't even released an update yet guys. They have no reason to lie I think it was to kill the hype so people wont hate them when it didn't come out today.
They said they haven't released an update since the Dec. update. Doesn't mean that an update isn't coming. They're not gonna say that the update is coming at this exact date and time because when/if it doesn't happen even MORE people will bag on them for delaying.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
FireDroid as HolyGrail already pointed out Miami made it clear he did not have confirmation on anything related to the 2.1 release.

There is no mention anywhere that this was in fact happening.

There are issues with 2.1 right now and remember 2.1 is not a huge departure from the current OS so updating and introducing these issues onto our device is not a good idea. I don't want to talk bad about a certain company ran by a guy named Balsillie but updating us to a half baked OS will not happen with this phone. You can bet on that. When you receive the update you can be assured it will not "break" anything and will operate properly.

I'd also like to mention that the newness would QUICKLY wear off in a couple of hours and this place would light up with complaints. I for one am quite happy sitting on a solid and reliable OS while they work on 2.1 for us.

It's not fun dealing with a buggy device and so far the Droid has been solid. No point in moving backward for only a few additions.

This whole 2.1 release is very fluid so when we have a good solid lead on the release you guys will be the first to know.

Thanks everyone

Skymutt

Reaction score
If they haven't released another OTA, what was the 60.41MB OTA that some people got a few days back? I know I didn't imagine it happening, I ignored it right away and eventually gave in and let it update. Then I re-rooted, and eventually manually applied it again just 2 days ago. Something tells me that whoever runs the moto twitter account doesn't have all the information.

zfly9

Reaction score
C'mon guys, just wait.

Remember 2.0.1 had an officail document of what was coming and when it was coming.

There is nothing like this for 2.1 which is a bigger update, it's not coming soon.

Skymutt

Reaction score
C'mon guys, just wait.

Remember 2.0.1 had an officail document of what was coming and when it was coming.

There is nothing like this for 2.1 which is a bigger update, it's not coming soon.

And that document specifically mentioned 1-22-10 as the date for some kind of update, maybe not 2.1, but the date was used multiple times in that leaked doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.