2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetr8cer13

Reaction score
if you read their twitter page, they @replied some people saying they wont comment on the timing of a release, but that they would provide details closer to the time of release. as much as it pains me, i dont think today is the day my friends.

lmapp

Reaction score
I wonder if Google has and say when Droid gets 2.1? I saw the pitiful sales numbers for the first week of the N1 and maybe having Droid on 2.1 would hurt sales even more. Thoughts?

Doubt it if they are planning on releasing the new android phones with 2.1 and updating the eris/hero to 2.1. Besides it is out of google's hands its in the hands of verizon and motorola.

Eris/Hero is another matter altogether. HTC has to first update the Sense UI in order for the phones to work with 2.1. As the Droid doesn't have a UI on top of Android, the Droids should get updated well before the HTCs.

onefix

Reaction score
if you read their twitter page, they @replied some people saying they wont comment on the timing of a release, but that they would provide details closer to the time of release. as much as it pains me, i dont think today is the day my friends.

I would have thought that they would have told us that "an update is not planned for this weekend" if they really wanted to eliminate the rumors.

Instead, they chose to tell us that they would tell us closer to the time of release. Which could mean that they will release information about the update at 6:00pm tonight and begin pushing out updates at 7:00pm.

Their wording makes it sound like something is happening behind the scenes.

TimChgo9

Reaction score

You are probably right... the remark that Motorola would provide details "closer to the time of release" means that we are going to be waiting a bit longer.

I honestly believe it will be 2-3 more months.... and, if I am wrong, then so be it.

DroidPWNS

Reaction score
i just chatted with motorola
Ricky Bobby: i have a question
Message.gif
Ricky Bobby: do you know when android 2.1 will be release?
Message.gif
Ricky Bobby: i bet you have gotten this alot
Message.gif
Ricky Bobby: 2.1 for the droid?
Message.gif
Valeria: Please note that at this moment we cannot confirm when an upgrade will be available. However the phone is ready to receive software upgrades, therefore upgrades are being planned, but we don't have a release schedule, or confirmation up to which Android version it's going to upgrade.
Message.gif
Valeria: Do you have any other
Message.gif
Valeria: question?
Message.gif
Ricky Bobby: no thanks
Message.gif
Valeria: Ok. If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I understand the disappointment of not getting the update, the update isn't that big of a deal in the first place and second we already got a great OS in 2.0.1. Remember, you could be using a Blackberry Storm.:eek:

cj1896

Reaction score
I am expecting it to be months now after what motorola's twitter page said. Oh well I guess I can make it until then.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not surprised we haven't seen 2.1 today at all. Rumors got way out of hand.

Animalhog

Reaction score
My Guess is that nobody here has coded before. Its not as simple as you think. It just doesnt take a couple of hours or even a week. The team needs to look at the OS at 360^. WIFI, SAT, Email , sync PHONE, power..........
Givem a break..

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
While I understand the disappointment of not getting the update, the update isn't that big of a deal in the first place and second we already got a great OS in 2.0.1. Remember, you could be using a Blackberry Storm.:eek:

I work for a company that issued 300+ Blackberry Storms in October 2009.

Out of these users, 59 have the Droid as their Personal Cell and have quit using the Storm all together. We have countless other employee's who want to know when we are going to start issuing Droids.

The request has gotten to be such a day to day thing recently, that I let our Verizon Account Manager play with my Droid (minds out of the gutters please) and she fell in love with it.

The only issue holding us back right now is the fact that we can completely nuke/erase a storm if it becomes lost. Not sure what options are available for the Droid.

P.S. We issued a Policy stating that we will not Support Apple Products (computers, laptops, or phones) so no Verizon iPhones at this company!

screamster

Reaction score
My Guess is that nobody here has coded before. Its not as simple as you think. It just doesnt take a couple of hours or even a week. The team needs to look at the OS at 360^. WIFI, SAT, Email , sync PHONE, power..........
Givem a break..

I code. :icon_eek:

As a matter of fact, I just finished a pretty complex Flash AS3/XML project that was completed 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I know this post fuels the fire a bit, but hey... just being honest. :icon_ banana:

Oh yeah, side note: I was in the bathroom earlier and my phone went "DROID!" from my stall. Needless to say I giggled and pee'd a little bit.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I work for a company that issued 300+ Blackberry Storms in October 2009.

Out of these users, 59 have the Droid as their Personal Cell and have quit using the Storm all together. We have countless other employee's who want to know when we are going to start issuing Droids.

The request has gotten to be such a day to day thing recently, that I let our Verizon Account Manager play with my Droid (minds out of the gutters please) and she fell in love with it.

The only issue holding us back right now is the fact that we can completely nuke/erase a storm if it becomes lost. Not sure what options are available for the Droid.

P.S. We issued a Policy stating that we will not Support Apple Products (computers, laptops, or phones) so no Verizon iPhones at this company!

There's an app for that!!! Wave Secure Mobile Security will let you wipe everything right from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.