2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
All I can say, is as a Mod and a fellow DROID owner, I am waiting too. I want to see us get the new Flash just as bad as everyone else here. And yes, these are just Rumors. It is all rumors till it comes out into the wild. And our DROIDs start the upgrade process. Then the sparks will start to fly.

As much as some might think we are somehow connected to Motorola or Verizon, we aren't. So we live in the same world as everyone else here, waiting and wanting this new release.

So let's just keep this thread clean and fun, as we all chomp on the bitt waiting for it to eventually being pushed out to all of us. :icon_ devil:

barbee

Reaction score
All I want is for the browser (scrolling) speeds to be fixed. It got way worse with 2.0.1

Stigy

Reaction score
My apologies...

I stepped away from my desk while cereal had already closed the 2.1 Waiting Area thread.

In that case I am going to re-open this thread, BUT PLEASE keep it under control.

Thanks.

Newton122189

Reaction score
All I want is for the browser (scrolling) speeds to be fixed. It got way worse with 2.0.1

I got my 2.1 update this morning

Not really

i dont think we know for sure that the browser scrolling will be better

and i doubt you got your 2.1 update this morning

edit: nice job on the white text, i couldnt even see it til the quote

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are still phones with the old build up numbers. If the new build up is required; then we may have to wait until all the droids (active) have the build up before they push out 2.1.
And as cereal mentioned, there could still be problem which delayed the release from the 1/22/10 release date that was speculated in november. They probably ran across an issue needed to be corrected.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My feeling was that in the 12/11 update, the updates started on the previous Monday. The belief was that with a million Droids it was easier for them to send out the updates in groups of 200K. If that were so, we should've been seeing posts that they got the update starting on the 18th.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I would love to see 2.1

But, I think we will be waiting a while longer for it. If I remember correctly, there was another thread where it was mentioned that 2.1 went to open source not too long ago, if that's the case, then the release has to be tested and what not before they release it.

I don't think I am off base in figuring it is going to be at least a month, possibly longer, before 2.1 is released to us. I am still at build ESD56, and I know there is some ESD59's and 61's out there, but I am not sure if that means anything. If they have to get everyone to the same build number, perhaps they will release a 2.0.2 prior to 2.1. I will wait until there is some announcement.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
horse.gif

Still at it.... will there be no mercy for this poor horse?

lmapp

Reaction score
Seriously...check out the dates on this.
It's amazing what the imagination can do. 2.1 was never gonna happen 1-22.

Attachments

• droid5.jpg
    droid5.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 326

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I am happy to wait for a STABLE OS than the stuff we use to live with on the BB Storm/RIM OS's in the past. Let them iron out what is wrong, then they can dish it out to all of us. We don't need Motorola/Android pushing out an OS just to make people happy that they are getting a new one. I just want to see a GOOD one, and if it means waiting. It is what it is then. The last thing I want, is to get a buggy OS.

Sodner

Reaction score
I wonder if Google has and say when Droid gets 2.1? I saw the pitiful sales numbers for the first week of the N1 and maybe having Droid on 2.1 would hurt sales even more. Thoughts?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seriously...check out the dates on this.
It's amazing what the imagination can do. 2.1 was never gonna happen 1-22.
unfortunately we all know how target dates work out, which is all that doc really said. at least we can take comfort in knowing that an update is planned, but news as to when is still rumor.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if Google has and say when Droid gets 2.1? I saw the pitiful sales numbers for the first week of the N1 and maybe having Droid on 2.1 would hurt sales even more. Thoughts?

Doubt it if they are planning on releasing the new android phones with 2.1 and updating the eris/hero to 2.1. Besides it is out of google's hands its in the hands of verizon and motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.