Wow...just wow

PhillyFanInDetroit

Reaction score
It has been quite some time that I have been this excited over a new electronic device when I first got it, I traded in my slow... buggy... and frustrating Blackberry Storm for this masterpiece and I am extremely surprised. I honestly can't wait to find out all this baby can do.

I work for a major electronics retailer and had heard what I thought was "hype" (boy was I wrong) about the latest and greatest. I can honestly say that I am floored just even from day one.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not much hyper here. Sure, there have been some units with issues but folks just bring them back right away and are good to go! I've had mine since November and almost every day I find something new. I'm starting to wonder "when will come the day when I check in here and don't find out something new" If it isn't something in the app store its a trick like "doing math with your droid" or its some new wallpaper, widget or rom feature.

mixedterp05

Reaction score
Philly...I'm a former BB Storm owner myself. I am waiting for my Droid to arrive tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to have a successful conversion?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Philly...I'm a former BB Storm owner myself. I am waiting for my Droid to arrive tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to have a successful conversion?

I have one for you. Forget everything you ever learned about Blackberry. Be prepared for a whole knew learning experience. Forget about app memory, battery pulls, all that blackberry stuff. There is a pretty big learning curve for the Droid but the good thing about all this is you will be so delighted to have a phone work correctly out of the box you'll be jumping for joy.

Let us know when you receive it.

tomlist704

Reaction score
My suggestion is to watch some of the videos on you tube. They help you to see how it works, so tricks etc. I switch from the Storm 3 months ago and besides for a few small issues and some nice to haves with Storm, there is no comparison.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Set aside about 4-6 fairly uninterrupted hours just to play with it.

dtrust

Reaction score
It has been quite some time that I have been this excited over a new electronic device when I first got it, I traded in my slow... buggy... and frustrating Blackberry Storm for this masterpiece and I am extremely surprised. I honestly can't wait to find out all this baby can do.

I hear ya. I came from a Blackberry Pearl, which I loved. Tried to like the Storm, then the Storm2, but everytime I picked one up, it just didn't work right.

Tried the Droid on about the 3rd day after it was introduced, and after less than 1 minute with it, walked over to a salesman and told him to wrap one up. Haven't regretted that decision for a second.

You are in for many many hours of finding out all it can do. (that translates to fun hours, BTW):)