2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK. Just talked with verizon rep (while i was taking care of another issue with another phone), I asked about the update and was tranferred to "the highest tier" of tech support. I was told that the original date that verizon/google had agreed on was the 18th of January but it had to be pushed back due to a "global" computer issue that had to be taken care of before it was beamed to vzw customers that owned android phones. He also said that some android owners will see the updates start late tonight and all phones should be updated by January 29th. The plan is 200,000 users the first day and then the rest scattered throughout the weekend and the next week.

I'm very cynical about anything that comes out of the mouth of Verizon tech support. The pattern of distribution sounds about right but I still have to say I'll believe it when I see it.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Speak for yourself. I would have been shocked if we saw 2.1 today. I've found this hoopla to be quite entertaining ;)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Just saw this from moto Twitter:

"Guys, we're sorry; we know you are excited about 2.1 updates to your Moto Android-based products, but we can't comment on official timing."

"We promise to update you as soon as we can!"

That's the latest from Moto Twitter so... looks like the wait is still on!

djstarion

Reaction score
OK. Just talked with verizon rep (while i was taking care of another issue with another phone), I asked about the update and was tranferred to "the highest tier" of tech support. I was told that the original date that verizon/google had agreed on was the 18th of January but it had to be pushed back due to a "global" computer issue that had to be taken care of before it was beamed to vzw customers that owned android phones. He also said that some android owners will see the updates start late tonight and all phones should be updated by January 29th. The plan is 200,000 users the first day and then the rest scattered throughout the weekend and the next week.
I'm pretty sure Miami mentioned a few days ago about them stopping OTAs due to a computer issue.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just want a browser that isn't choppy.

Does anyone really know whats causing it? Xscope and Dolphin are choppy as well. Unless they are using the source from the 2.0.1 browser, then I am guessing its not browser related?

Someone should compile the 2.1 browser and try it out.

Big D

Reaction score
Yep. I'm jonesing for flash. It will take this to a whole new level.

dub8420

Reaction score
Well, I can't put the phone down now and I don't think an update it keeping me from using it anymore. it will be cool to have the new features but the phone is well worth the price right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.