2.1 on 1/22/10 all just Hype??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid101

Reaction score
This is from Motorola twitter:

"Guys, we're sorry; we know you are excited about 2.1 updates to your Moto Android-based products, but we can't comment on official timing."

" We promise to update you as soon as we can!"

These were both posted around an hour ago.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
I will parade ignorance, why is everyone so keen on getting Flash?

Don't throw things at me. I am genuinely curious. One of the things I have liked about the ipod touch is that I am not exposed to horribly conceived Flash sites and advertisements.

Pr0n, Pr0n my good man!!

Seriously though...video sites, flash based games, and yes...even the adverts in flash. But I suspect some inventive hacker will adapt a FlashBlock type extension for the default browser or dolphin browser.

hughesjr

Reaction score
I will parade ignorance, why is everyone so keen on getting Flash?

Don't throw things at me. I am genuinely curious. One of the things I have liked about the ipod touch is that I am not exposed to horribly conceived Flash sites and advertisements.
Because almost all video that is not youtube is flash?

Hypnotic

Reaction score
This is from Motorola twitter:

"Guys, we're sorry; we know you are excited about 2.1 updates to your Moto Android-based products, but we can't comment on official timing."

" We promise to update you as soon as we can!"

These were both posted around an hour ago.

Link plox
Random chars

LrdElderon

Reaction score
It might have been hype who knows, but it doesn't seem like it should take that much longer. I mean rom devs hacking away have gotten 2.1 roms that have most of the bugs cleaned up and work just fine. The only real holdups I can really see are the actual hardware optimizations for things like the gpu in the droid.

If you are really anxious you can even install all the 2.1 stuff on 2.0.1 and some roms even have added extras like voice dictation and compcache which as long as they fixed the bug some users had seems to increase speed quite a bit, plus on the fly over / under clocking of the cpu possibly saving some battery life.

people claiming it could be 1-2 months for 2.1... that just seems like a really long time considering what just people hacking around have managed to accomplish in less time.

IAmAPhoenix

Reaction score
That's what y'all get for believing false rumors. I'm not expecting anything unless I hear something official from Verizon. We'll obviously get an update eventually, just be patient even if it isn't for another month. I don't see what the big deal is and why people are getting upset about not getting an update. My phone worked flawlessly with 2.0 then it slowed down a lot with 2.0.1 so either 2.1 fixes this or makes it worse but I can wait.

Plus the ads for the N1 I see make me laugh, like I'm going to buy a phone because it has live wallpaper. What a waste of an ad. Lmao.

lmapp

Reaction score
I say it will be tonight, but only after you have gone to sleep.

iPirate

Reaction score
God I hate to even mention this because its flimsy and it will just fuel the hype but here it goes.

I have a buddy that works for Verizon that told me the DROID will get 2.1 and Flash in the same update. I don't know what this means for a time table but from the sounds of it (based on other sites and rumors), I wouldn't bother even thinking of either until March.
This is how rumors start. Probably how the 1/22 date was picked. :icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score
To those who are disappointed about the 2.1 update not being out yet, you guys are going to be seriously disappointed in 2012. :icon_ banana:

10339115december212012.jpg

zigzags559

Reaction score
I hear all the talk about the new 2.1 update suppose to be today Jan. 22 but still no update. I had a feeling there really wasn't going to be one with all that hype I had a feeling it was all talk and no show. So I just wait for it to really happen like I was before all the talk. I just hope the new update will come before the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.