2.1 leaked for Eris

divalibra

Reaction score
Has anyone tried going back to stock to see if it is possible? I've noticed that I cant send pic messages through handcent and that my signal strength is a lot lower...used to have all bars full now only get one or two

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone tried going back to stock to see if it is possible? I've noticed that I cant send pic messages through handcent and that my signal strength is a lot lower...used to have all bars full now only get one or two
I read through all 54 pages on XDA last night, and the consensus was no, you cant go back once you have updated.

divalibra

Reaction score
Oh darn! :icon_eek: Guess I skipped those pages in the midst of all the excitement...oh well..

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read through all 54 pages on XDA last night, and the consensus was no, you cant go back once you have updated.

I am wondering on the why for that. If you made a backup. Certainly there has to be a way to flash it. Putting you back on the factory rom. Atleast i would hope so

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I am wondering on the why for that. If you made a backup. Certainly there has to be a way to flash it. Putting you back on the factory rom. Atleast i would hope so

You certainly should be able to go back with the Eris sbf file (if anyone has it yet). BUT, it seems very stable on my wife's Eris with 0 issues so I don't think it will really be needed.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The problem is the 2.1 rom changed the bootloader, and it is preventing them from "downgrading" the ROM. The are advising against doing a "Factory reset", but I hadnt read where anyone had tried one last night. My wifes is running flawlessly and if it ever needs to go back for any insurance reason Im not worried, you can void your warranty with out voiding your insurance. On the upside, the devs are hoping to have the 2.1 rom rooted in a week or two.

divalibra

Reaction score
Oh okay...i am not wanting to downgrade back to 1.5....will learn how to deal with the quirks that I mentioned before and having ALL of my facebook friends with listed phone numbers in my contact list. (used to just have only friends that I selected on my phone)
All in all I like the 2.1...kinda gives me the same feeling I got when I warped for the first time in super mario bros! Lol

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
BTW, I was just doing an audit of the system files and it does appear to have a new Flashplayer.apk along with the other flashlitepluggin.apk I remember from the old version. I am copying it off and will post it(and the matching odex file) later if anyone wants to deodex it and try to make it work. Doubtful it would be that easy though.

Eris552

Reaction score
So far had it installed since the leak and notice a big difference in battery!

A good difference I hope?

I went through a whole 8 to 6 work shift without charging my phone and had 71% battery life! Normally I cannot work an entire shift without charging my phone because the battery level will be below 30%.

Nice loaded the 2.1 yesterday gonna rock the eris over the weekend. I have the 1750 mAh battery in now curious to see how long this will last.

Bring on the root for the eris 2.1.:icon_ banana:

chops

Reaction score
lol i think i know the answer but does the eris have to be rooted for this?