2.1 leaked for Eris

divalibra

Reaction score
Has anyone tried going back to stock to see if it is possible? I've noticed that I cant send pic messages through handcent and that my signal strength is a lot lower...used to have all bars full now only get one or two

Just an update to say that my signal strength seems to be much better today although I still am not able to send pic messages through handcent. I think that its an issue with handcent and not the update seeing as where there are others complaining of the same issue.

bllarkin

Reaction score
Installed it for my wife today, she said it seems to be more responsive and the camera is better/faster. There is definitely an issue with Handcent not sending picture messages, but using the default messaging app works fine.

divalibra

Reaction score
I've sent emails and have also seen other comments concerning the issue

brock

Reaction score
damn, installed this on the girlfriends eris tonight and she lost EVERY NUMBER from her contacts... shes pretty pissed, lol.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

imprezu

Reaction score
Everything works well on my wifes phone except for one thing. Shes having issues with text messages not being sent.

brock

Reaction score
Yep.. now the gf is telling me hers is saying messages not sent.. greatttttttt

kpshearer

Reaction score
Mine keep saying message not sent but people are actually getting them i wasn't sure if it was because i was using handcent. what text app are most of you using

bllarkin

Reaction score
Mine keep saying message not sent but people are actually getting them i wasn't sure if it was because i was using handcent. what text app are most of you using

My wife uses Handcent, as far as I know the only issue that she has had is sending picture messages. All of her text messages are going through fine, but she has to use the built-in app for picture messages.

kpshearer

Reaction score
O.K. so after a few days of using here's what I found. Over all not a huge difference in speed, but battery life and memory usage improved. The biggest problems are that when I power down the phone and start back up my password for my Google account have not been saved and I have to re-enter it, the issue with the SMS saying not able to send although it doesn't say that it can't deliver every time just every so often but people tell me they do get the texts, and the last one is that all of my different calendar entries were placed on my wife's calendar. Not a huge problem as all of the data is still there (though with some double entries) it's just not color coded any more.
Also does anybody know that once official 2.1 released am I going to have to go through and set phone back up all over again or does it save your info.

dman59

Reaction score
One thing I notice which is a huge fix for me is the alarm! Also, has anyone notice that there is a setting for when your phone rings and you pick it up and by the movement of the phone the volume decrease? I haven't seen this in the 1.5 verison. But just like I said, the alarm was a huge fix for me!

dman59

Reaction score
Okay, been rocking the leak 2.1 version since the day it was leak and did a battery test yesterday. From 8am to 1:30am with light to medium activity on my Droid Eris and battery life was at 68%!

kpshearer

Reaction score
found this tip over at xda forums and seems to have solved problem

I did have an issue with Handcent SMS failing to send messages. Fixed it by by going to 'Manage Applications' and clearing the 'Launch by default' setting on 'Messages', went to my contacts to send a message, set Handcent to default. No more problems.