Eris doesn't respond to flashing ROM

the.bitter.cake

Reaction score
I'm trying to run xtrSense on my Eris. It's rooted, and I've followed several different tutorials with no success.

Following the tut at The Unlockr, when I boot my phone in HBOOT mode (Step #4), I don't have the option of selecting Recovery. I have tried all the buttons (trackball, volume buttons, power, etc) but there is never anything to select other than Yes to "Upgrade". This simply reboots my phone and nothing changes.

Following other tutorials suggesting using ROM Manager: nothing happens. I try to flash the ROM, I try running Recovery, I try making a back-up --- nothing happens on my phone. No prompts. No error messages. I've tried reinstalling ROM Manager, I've tried rebooting my phone.

Any ideas??

mamawm

Reaction score
i'm sorry that no one responded to you earlier, but i'm a bit confused by your situation. are you sure you attained root, do you have superuser in your app drawer? if so, what recovery do you have, amon ra or clockwork? also from what i have read, rom manager doesn't always play nice with the eris.

OP
T

the.bitter.cake

Reaction score
Thank you for responding! Using the Terminal Emulator app, I have confirmed that I have root status. There were some other clues, too, so now I am 99% confident I have root.

I have Clockwork recovery. Yeah, some options on the ROM Manager/Clockwork seem to work fine (like recovery), but not Boot in Recovery Mode or Install ROM from SD. Those don't respond at all.

Any other ideas?

highhacker

Reaction score
Get rid of clockwork and put Eris1click. It's trouble free.

Sent from my xtrrom Eris using DroidForums App

OP
T

the.bitter.cake

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you all an update. I uninstalled Clockwork, apparently that can be a nightmare with the Eris.

Turns out the second recovery I tried flashing didn't give me the option to navigate with my trackball. So I fashed recovery-RA-eris_v1.6.2-trackball-optional.img and finally had success reaching Recovery Mode.

I have since managed to install Xtrsense... but have been having quite a few bugs. I will probably try flashing again this afternoon. I just want a phone that makes phone calls!

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Just wanted to give you all an update. I uninstalled Clockwork, apparently that can be a nightmare with the Eris.

Turns out the second recovery I tried flashing didn't give me the option to navigate with my trackball. So I fashed recovery-RA-eris_v1.6.2-trackball-optional.img and finally had success reaching Recovery Mode.

I have since managed to install Xtrsense... but have been having quite a few bugs. I will probably try flashing again this afternoon. I just want a phone that makes phone calls!

Are you trying to have Froyo or Gingerbread? Either way I used to be a dev for the HTC Droid Eris and have built a ROM for each version. Both ROMs are EXTREMELY STABLE and if you were to have any issues, you could always PM me. I work with the Motorola Droid 1 now but still know A LOT about the Eris. Try out one of my ROMs and let me know what you think. The links are in my signature below. Do a few things though before you flash:

If your phone is currently in a good working order, MAKE A NAND BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING!

Always make sure you wipe data+dalvik cache before flashing! (I am a little OCD so I would suggest wiping more than once)

Always backup your apps before flashing anything!