2.1 leaked for Eris

divalibra

Reaction score
I've installed chompsms for messaging and no longer have the issues that I had with handcent..will use it as my default until handcent is fixed..go to chompSMS from your phone to download it because isn't in the market

Flight23

Reaction score
please help..

help please! i followed the instructions above to a tee but i am stumped when i power the phone up. after i exaggerate the volume down and power up buttons, the hboot runs a list but i can't seem to go any further. i can press send for a fast boot or volume down to bring me right back to the hboot. it will let me volume up for a recovery but shortly after that, i get a picture of the phone with a large triangle/exclamation point.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
help please! i followed the instructions above to a tee but i am stumped when i power the phone up. after i exaggerate the volume down and power up buttons, the hboot runs a list but i can't seem to go any further. i can press send for a fast boot or volume down to bring me right back to the hboot. it will let me volume up for a recovery but shortly after that, i get a picture of the phone with a large triangle/exclamation point.
Download and install Astro file manager fr the market. Install, and open. Double check your patched rom name on your sd card.Is should be named PB00IMG.zip. Long click on the file, choose edit, then choose rename. make sure your computer didnt add an extra .zip to the end of the file name.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The biggest problems are that when I power down the phone and start back up my password for my Google account have not been saved and I have to re-enter it...
After a few power cycles, the Google account clears its self up. My wife had that problem for a couple days and then it quit logging her out.

Flight23

Reaction score
I'm doing that right now Bob. Thanks for responding. Nobody from none of the forums are responding to my question. I just checked my sd card and the file name shows up as PB00IMG (5). Should it have .zip behind it?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm doing that right now Bob. Thanks for responding. Nobody from none of the forums are responding to my question. I just checked my sd card and the file name shows up as PB00IMG (5). Should it have .zip behind it?
It should be named PB00IMG.zip ONLY. Anything other than that will mess you up. Windows hides extensions by default, thats why I suggested using Astro. Almost all of us have tried flashing a file with a wrong name at least once or twice.

Flight23

Reaction score
Thanks Bob for the Tip. I finally Got it. Now I just want to play with it and see whats new. :icon_ banana:

pane2k

Reaction score
I just switched to a droid from an i phone. I really wanted the droid Eris but didn't just because of the battery life. I noticed some people mentioned they noticed better battery life, but is it definitely better? I had tried researching if there was a fix for battery in 2.1, but it's not actually documented anywhere. Just wondering because if the battery issue is resolved, i may trade my droid in for the Eris.

justin...

Reaction score
yeah ummm...i tred to insatall the update and it failed so i tried again and whene i hpld power and call button the menu pops up on my phone but nothing i press does anything. it says press volume down to hboot but when i press it nothing happens

jasonbarbosa

Reaction score
Hello All-

First off...I am new to this website. And, to comment on this 2.1 update, everything went flawlessly. So far, I've observed that my phone's performance is definately faster than when it was on 1.5. However, there are two minor issues that I am experiencing so far:

1) I have the Advanced Task Killer app installed. I have noticed that the amount of memory available keeps getting lower and lower even when I kill the apps running in the background. Don't know if this an issue with 2.1 or the app itself.

2) When I try setting up 3 different alarms in the built-in clock options, only the middle one doesn't seem to go off. This is kind of a pain. However, what I haven't tried is to add an alarm to see if that one works. Stay tuned for updates...

Anyways, that's all that I've found so far. Now, if this 2.1 update is going to be available "over the air," should I uninstall 2.1 first and recover back to 1.5? If yes, how do I revert back to 1.5?

grammerpolice

Reaction score
I just flashed my Eris, and somehow, magically, it worked on the first try. I somehow accidentally erased all of my email contacts (being over-cautious and under-thoughtful), but that has nothing to do with the update (just me being stupid). It didn't bother me too much because I have my contacts on another email and I can just export them again with no problems.

Phone-wise, I like the feel of the 2.1!! I agree with other posters who say the keyboard feels 'snappier'. I just flashed my phone a couple hours ago, so nothing major as of yet. I do like having the Droid version of the marketplace, though, where the apps are separated better (Free/Paid/Verizon). The stock clock widget is also pretty cool - it's snowing here, and my phone reflects that by dropping little snowflakes that pile up in the corners of my phone when I unlock it. ^^ I managed to kill the poor little guy's battery in less than a couple of hours because I was reloading all my previous apps and playing with stuff.

All little things...after a few days I'll post again and hopefully provide some actual insight rather than mere observation :)

nothing0

Reaction score
Any one figured out how to get skype on updated eris. It doesn't show up on the market. I copied the zip from the droid to the eris but I cant install because the apkinstaller doesn't show up in the eris market either.

boomobile

Reaction score
backing up contacts to gmail

^^

Don't see hbooter

Does it delete all your apps and contacts? I'm not concerned about my apps, but i have a lot of time in contact list!:droideris:

Your contacts are always backed up in your gmail account.

I didn't have all my contacts in my gmail account and had to create all of them by hand. Is there a way to back them up from my phone to gmail?