2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I dont see why they are making an announcement in the first place. if all they are going to do is test it out anyway. Why not make an announcement when its actually ready?
Cause if they are making another announcement, first thing you think about is..is this the real deal? Is this the actual update? or are we going to be delayed again?. I think they should just wait..till its going to be pushed as the actual one, then announce it.

Verizon will soon be making an announcement pertaining to the announcement about the pending announcement.

Announcement TBD.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont see why they are making an announcement in the first place. if all they are going to do is test it out anyway. Why not make an announcement when its actually ready?
Cause if they are making another announcement, first thing you think about is..is this the real deal? Is this the actual update? or are we going to be delayed again?. I think they should just wait..till its going to be pushed as the actual one, then announce it.
I am not rooted..so i am waiting and have been waiting patiently..but damn..enough is enough.

They may not had intended to announce it until they was ready. But if an employee leaked it; and it is all on the web. Then they are now having to answer why it was not released when scheduled; when the reality was they were on schedule and that the initial release the entire time was to check for issues.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vzw/Moto needs to have 2.1 sorted out next time they try a rollout. Who's to say this whole fiasco doesn't play out the next time Android is updated?

Stay tight lipped til its ready! Too many proposed dates and rumors have tarnished my opinion of the way updates are handled. I hope they save face....

straylight

Reaction score
hrm

Clearly things have gone awry with this situation, otherwise why keep making these announcements that then need explanation when they don't pan out.

Keep in mind it could be a lot worse. Imagine how obnoxious it would be if we were waiting for a OS that Verizon had a more active hand in. Verizon colored themes, Get it now buttons all over the desktop, a get it now button engraved on the side of the device itself...

I did have some questions about this update though. If someone gets their hands on the update image, why cant people here flash the update without rooting?

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
I am not rooted..so i am waiting and have been waiting patiently..but damn..enough is enough.

They may not had intended to announce it until they was ready. But if an employee leaked it; and it is all on the web. Then they are now having to answer why it was not released when scheduled; when the reality was they were on schedule and that the initial release the entire time was to check for issues.

yeah except the whole 3/18 then nothing for a day and everything from 3/20 and on WAS official. you are trying to take the blame off of verizon lol. they f'ed up. pretty bad.

they are just trying to hide it. and your being gullable. Lol we will get it soon.

SOOOOOOOOOoooOOooOooon

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Clearly things have gone awry with this situation, otherwise why keep making these announcements that then need explanation when they don't pan out.

Keep in mind it could be a lot worse. Imagine how obnoxious it would be if we were waiting for a OS that Verizon had a more active hand in. Verizon colored themes, Get it now buttons all over the desktop, a get it now button engraved on the side of the device itself...

I did have some questions about this update though. If someone gets their hands on the update image, why cant people here flash the update without rooting?

1. NOOOO! that would suck! verizon everything. boo.
2. Only verizon employees who were testing it have their official "hands" on it. So if they leak it they get fired. So its probably not going to leak.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

2. Only verizon employees who were testing it have their official "hands" on it. So if they leak it they get fired. So its probably not going to leak.
Why not. Somebody got their hands on 2.0.1 right after it went OTA. Could happen again.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

yeah except the whole 3/18 then nothing for a day and everything from 3/20 and on WAS official. you are trying to take the blame off of verizon lol. they f'ed up. pretty bad.

they are just trying to hide it. and your being gullable. Lol we will get it soon.

SOOOOOOOOOoooOOooOooon

Did verizon put it on their site or was it leaked. What I am saying if everything went fine then they probably would have continued to roll out the ota. The issue is vzw is doing a bad job communicating. If someone that was official from vzw was to put out quote "we are looking to release system updates for motorola droid devices on such and such date, but because of issues found we will delay until it is fixed"
and then keep the customers in the loop then people would not be as upset. The problem is all the speculations from various sites who is quoting a "source".

armeddroid

Reaction score
Honestly, i dont know what the real reason is...its all speculation..on what happened.
And....
I understand how the whole Bitfone came into play at the last minute and I understand that they want to make sure that the update is stable before they send it out.
But my issue is never the waiting part, i am cool with that. But the announcements for the release? cmon...how many times are they going to do that?
HEY ITS COMING FEB XX - fooled you!
HEY IT COMING MAR XX - haha cmon, not going to be that easy!
HEY ONE MORE TIME! IT COMING MAR XX - we say jump, you ask HOW HIGH?

Pleasssse.
Ok..thas my rant.
I am a patient guy...but yo, the announcements kill me!
lol

armeddroid

Reaction score

Verizon will soon be making an announcement pertaining to the announcement about the pending announcement.

Announcement TBD.

lol...right..thats the part that kills me...
:D

armeddroid

Reaction score
They are announcing they are planning on releasing but they have to do it a certain way. If they have problems again, they can nip it in the bud. They will get it right. One of these times. :)

I agree. But lets not go through 'one of these times' anymore...
lets let this be THE ONE.
lol :)

blitzburgh39

Reaction score

Why not. Somebody got their hands on 2.0.1 right after it went OTA. Could happen again.

Oh. I thought he meant like before the OTA came out. Like today someone got their hands on it. Then it would be a leak.. or a bad OTA sent out at the wrong time which i doubt will happen.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Verizon is the only source that matters. The only PUBLICLY released information is the PDF on their website that is in the OP of this thread. If you look closely - NO DATES!!! The dates that we received were from LEAKED photos of Verizon's internal computer system - so while that may have been the INTENDED release schedule the 1,000 test user updates did not apparently go very well, so that schedule was delayed.

While many dates have been thrown about and there have seemingly been several official announcements of the impending update, there has NEVER been a firm PUBLIC release date provided by Verizon.

That is not to say that the confusion around this update is not mostly to blame on the players involved (mostly Motorola and VZW via facebook/twitter posts). IMHO Motorola should not say a single word about any update and refer everyone to VZW for information on timing of updates. VZW should not let any of their facebook/twitter posters publish any dates whatsoever. It should all come from corporate on their own web site. Of course, they can do nothing to stop employees that choose to leak company confidential information (except fire them if they get caught). This last reason is why the store employees never know about an update until it is actually rolling out. My company never informs field personnel of software updates until the disks are actually shipping to try and limit this kind of stuff from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.