Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Gehangin

Reaction score
You might not have SU permissions, go to terminal, type su, and see what happens.

You are correct!
I typed SU and got "permission denied"
So I guess my Root access is, indeed, gone.
BUT - the changes I made while rooted under 2.0.1 have remained, namely the Hebrew fonts I put in there. They are still working just fine. I can read and write in Hebrew. Here on the board everybody told me I would loose the changes made while rooted. Wierd, no?

ogbobby4

Reaction score
well i was running droidmod 1.0 went back to stock 2.0.1 before i used the ota and i still have my custom boot animation on 2.1

krighton

Reaction score
6/28/10...starting to waver........all this Droid X and Droid 2 talk makes me think the Droid might be dead in the water. :icon_eek:

satalac

Reaction score
6/28/10...starting to waver........all this Droid X and Droid 2 talk makes me think the Droid might be dead in the water. :icon_eek:

How so? As in they aren't going to make them anymore or they aren't going to support them anymore? The Droid should have support for quite a while.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
hanging tough....6/25/10....non-rooted droid 2.1.

dancedroid

Getting closer all the time. You'll make it! Did you try the droid-x keyboard?

Does the x-keyboard run on non-rooted droids? And if so, does anybody have the apk posted? I did a search, and didn't really come up with a downloadable file.

Thanks

Yes it works. There is a link in this thread to download the keyboard:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/54170-droid-x-system-dump-port-apps-droid.html

Install using Astro or similar.

Reaction score

snowman

Reaction score
any one else try this yet I could not download it from te Google site (link says unsafe) just the megaupload site , and don't want to screw up my phone , thanks much

Reaction score
any one else try this yet I could not download it from te Google site (link says unsafe) just the megaupload site , and don't want to screw up my phone , thanks much

I got the same warning message but the site is safe. The file is about 43 megs.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I saw that too. Soooo I downloaded from the forum here (I'm not rooted). It's been almost a week and I've been into most every program on my phone. There were about 4 of them that wouldn't run from the widget on a home screen so I just dumped it and reloaded the widget and each have worked from that point on. It does alson seem everything is running slicker and quicker and my stock battery is lasting much longer.