The Ultimate Droid 2.3.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

myDownfall

Reaction score
First ROM switch for me in quite some time, but I'm loving this new version. On a previous version of UD, I'm not sure which one it was, using the volume rocker would allow you to choose silent, vibrate, and not-silent(or whatever the proper term is).

My question is this - is there a way to use the volume rocker to choose silent, or do I have to use the power widget? I toggle between the two regularly and I'm not entirely sure that using the widget is the best way.

in ud options you can make the rocker use silent
After a few minutes of going through every menu, I finally found it. Thanks!

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico
I can't boot into recovery after I flashed UD2.3 :( Can someone help me please.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
I just noticed that the application that used to open .doc files, or .xls files, is no longer there. I forget the name of the application. Not sure at what point it was removed, it might have been in a different wipe, not related to UD.
Can someone point me in the right direction? It's the app that came with android....

bkcdroid

Reaction score
I just noticed that the application that used to open .doc files, or .xls files, is no longer there. I forget the name of the application. Not sure at what point it was removed, it might have been in a different wipe, not related to UD.
Can someone point me in the right direction? It's the app that came with android....

Go to settings/Ultimate settings/Extras/Built-In apps - it's called Quick Office

RaptorKC

Reaction score

Go to settings/Ultimate settings/Extras/Built-In apps - it's called Quick Office

Excellent, thanks!

Trionalaw

Reaction score
lost the cool HTC-like clock

I love this ROM. Somehow I lost the clock which reminds me of the HTC one. Any idea how I can reinstall it??

I deleted and reinstalled the ROM but still not there.

Thanks and happy holidays.

Jim

bkcdroid

Reaction score
I love this ROM. Somehow I lost the clock which reminds me of the HTC one. Any idea how I can reinstall it??

I deleted and reinstalled the ROM but still not there.

Thanks and happy holidays.

Jim

Is it settings/UD settings/UD extras/built in apps/fancy weather widget?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

when this happens to me, as it does occasionally regardless of which rom I'm using, I just open Rom Manager and reflash Clockwork (assuming that is the recovery you are using) until I get the notification of a successful install within 3-5 seconds of starting the reflash. Sometimes this will take many (5-10) tries before it gets there. Once I can get the notification back fairly quickly Clockwork then works for me.

Another issue you may encounter is the phone rebooting spontaneously while in Clockwork. If that happens just immediately press and hold the X key and the phone will reboot into Clockwork. I've never had Clockwork cause the phone to reboot a second time.

Good luck.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I agree chevys kernels have proved to be the most reliable for me in addition they are the only kernels that seem to show the "time in state" in both setcpu & in android system info, as well as showing the clock speeds in system panel....all other kernels seem to provide one or the other but not all 3, its not critcal stuff but provides some nice info to monitor what speeds your cpu runs at.

Chevy's newest kernels have worked for me on every ROM.

Index of /froyo/kernels3

DjNico

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@djnico

when this happens to me, as it does occasionally regardless of which rom I'm using, I just open Rom Manager and reflash Clockwork (assuming that is the recovery you are using) until I get the notification of a successful install within 3-5 seconds of starting the reflash. Sometimes this will take many (5-10) tries before it gets there. Once I can get the notification back fairly quickly Clockwork then works for me.

Another issue you may encounter is the phone rebooting spontaneously while in Clockwork. If that happens just immediately press and hold the X key and the phone will reboot into Clockwork. I've never had Clockwork cause the phone to reboot a second time.

Good luck.

Thank you very much! I got it to work after reflashing clockwork 5 times :)

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok im running 2.3 on my droid 1 with the xmas theme and everything seems ot be running good bside a little lag in the app drawer ( it stutters when i scroll it) but my big problem is that when im in the call log all the numbers and text are white. witch as you can guess it makes it very hard to see who's called. just wondering if anyone else had this and how the heck do i fix it ive been thru all the settings of ud and adw and cant seem to find a setting to chang text color?
am i missing something.

bob

glhelinski

Reaction score
earlier i posted that chevys kernels were not working with UD2.3. for some reason they are now. i tried them with no luck, then went to slayher's. then did slayher's compcache enable update. no idea but maybe slayher's compcache update allowed chevy's (ulv800) to work for some reason. not sure but i'm happy now. UD2.3 is great so far. battery life seems good too.

nhepler90

Reaction score
I put the 2.3 on my droid 1 in about mid november, and I have a laziness problem with keeping up to date with well uh, updates. Have there been any?

Sent from your girlfriends house.