The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

awwpickle

Reaction score
I flashed this onto mine and my bf's phone and neither of our phones are connecting to data. Mine was for awhile but now we can't get online or onto the market without being connected to wifi? Any suggestions?? this is a tad bit frustrating which sucks because I love this rom!!!!

tu3218

Reaction score
I flashed this onto mine and my bf's phone and neither of our phones are connecting to data. Mine was for awhile but now we can't get online or onto the market without being connected to wifi? Any suggestions?? this is a tad bit frustrating which sucks because I love this rom!!!!

try toggling airplane mode on/off

Kryptic17

Reaction score
I used this ROM for about 2 weeks. I absolutely loved it despite the couple issues. (I just decided last night to switch to a different ROM at all til things become more solidly Stable)

Only had 3G issues after a phone call, simple toggle on and off of the 3g in the power widget worked to bring it back for me.

Besides that at night it sucked that the lights weren't working (I think I read a post about brightness settings fixing that? Not sure.) it felt like the softkeys weren't accurate though when I'd hit them, sometimes i'd have to make a couple attempts for it to work.

Besides that ofcourse the video cam didn't work.

I experienced a couple random reboots, sometimes the screen wouldn't turn on so I'd do a batter pull. Never had a problem with the tube tv animations, I loved that animation.

I think that covers my experience with the ROM though. I'm very excited when we see it leave Beta and become more solid.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone looked at the framework for he light settings on the keyboard? I did it for miui when it had the same issue and can look into it later today.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone looked at the framework for he light settings on the keyboard? I did it for miui when it had the same issue and can look into it later today.
No but that is what is holding me back from running this full time - the keyboard light is important to me, without having to toggle anything

jimbo42o

Reaction score
found this over a BDs forum i take no credit for this....

"SuperPichu, on 17 January 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:
I have a temporary fix for the light issues.
You need the following apps:
*Tasker ($5, but worth it.)
*SL4A (Free)

Once you have those installed extract the contents of this zip to the root of your sdcard and run all the scripts (4) once in SL4A and allow them all root access. Then import the profiles (4) into Tasker (Menu>Profile Data>Import one profile)

Now the lights on the front toggle with the screen and keyboard lights turn on when it is out and off when it goes back in."

spyder309

Reaction score
TV Out option

I have a D1 currently running UD 2.5, i was reading in the forum and have seen a lot of tv out topics and i was wondering if the D1 is capable of the TV Out options, if so what do i need to make this happen? Thanks for your info and help in advance!!!

Split630

Reaction score
I have a D1 currently running UD 2.5, i was reading in the forum and have seen a lot of tv out topics and i was wondering if the D1 is capable of the TV Out options, if so what do i need to make this happen? Thanks for your info and help in advance!!!

Everything I have read indicates that its something "hardwired" into Gingerbread.
PLEASE let me be wrong though, cuz that animation is beautiful.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rebel541

Reaction score

Everything I have read indicates that its something "hardwired" into Gingerbread.
PLEASE let me be wrong though, cuz that animation is beautiful.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Um, I could be wrong, but I think you are talking about 2 different things. There is a TV signal out hdmi port on the Droid X that is hardware, but the TV screen on and off animations from gingerbread work fine with this ROM. At least, they did on my D1. I have gone back to UD 2.5 until BD is finished working on 3.0, as I love being able to theme all my colors for the notification bar, pulldown menu, and soft key and keyboard lights not working yet.

agntgrey

Reaction score
This is my first post to droidforums.net so please excuse me if this is not the best place for this question. I have looked around the internet for a few hours and can not find the answer to my problem.

So I have a Dinc with UD 3.0 and I absolutely love it! Love me some gingerbread, but I recently found a problem.

My call log is giving me the android.process.acore force close. The phone works fine for making/receiving calls, contacts work fine (can edit/add) but when I select the the call log tab it force closes. Whenever I end a call, the phone goes to the call log and force closes. When clicking on missed call notifications it force closes. See the theme there?

I've tried clearing the cache for "Contacts" and "Contact Storage" and then re-sync but to no avail.

I don't have any weird apps installed and haven't messed with any weird system files. Anybody having the same issue or, better yet, a solution?

agntgrey

Reaction score
Call Log android.process.acore Force Close

Sorry, double post.

Last edited:

jimbo42o

Reaction score
@grey my guess would be to try and reflash the rom or just be patient and wait i just read on BDs twitter that 3.0 RCs are being released tonite :D
but then again knowing BD tonite could end up being next week lol

Last edited:

jbg25

Reaction score
I gotta say I love this ROM...not that this is a new thing with UD Roms...but I usually experience all the typical bugs. Not this time!

For once I am one of the rare people that has not experienced any of the serious issues mentioned here.

The only issue i have is with the back-lighting of the keyboard and main buttons.

Even my 3G works perfectly. I have never lost it once. Seriously....even after phone calls.

Which makes me wonder. How is that possible? If this is a known bug...how is it possible that my phone does not ever show this behavior...and instead works perfectly?

tu3218

Reaction score
I gotta say I love this ROM...not that this is a new thing with UD Roms...but I usually experience all the typical bugs. Not this time!

For once I am one of the rare people that has not experienced any of the serious issues mentioned here.

The only issue i have is with the back-lighting of the keyboard and main buttons.

Even my 3G works perfectly. I have never lost it once. Seriously....even after phone calls.

Which makes me wonder. How is that possible? If this is a known bug...how is it possible that my phone does not ever show this behavior...and instead works perfectly?

does your video camera work?

jbg25

Reaction score
Not at all...but I never use my phone to record video...so I could care less.

But that does make my original claim a lie huh?

So I have the Camcorder and backlight issues....neither of which is a big deal to me. But the big one...the 3g...is good.