The Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 - Multiple Phones and Tablets!! - Links Addded

raazazuul

Reaction score
So how do I get my secret decoder ring to be able to download this? I've tried everything but always says I don't have permission

tdawg2008

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

raazazuul

Reaction score
I am registered with his site. Still dont have permission after logging in.

booone0

Reaction score
Awesome. Just installed on OG droid. Almost crapped myself when I saw the screen on/off animation. How cool!

Now I'm just getting it up and running, seems to be pretty quick. Thanks for another great release.

jpboehmerwvu

Reaction score
My back, menu, home, and search buttons are not working correctly... Problem with UD 3.1.1 or is my phone on its last legs?

this CAN be a hardware problem... the touch screen will lose its sensitivity in due course, unfortunately. but, there are plenty of other things that can cause it to behave like this. for instance, dirty, moist or cold hands will not react as readily with the capacitive touch screen as well as clean, dry, warm hands will. also, as was said before, a dirty screen can mess it up a little.

also, did you wipe completely before the install? meaning formatting /system, /data, /cache a FEW times each, AND wiping dalvik-cache? if not, try a FULL wipe and reinstall. if it still doesn't work, re-download the file and try again using a full wipe. there are plenty of things to troubleshoot before blaming the hardware :)

Tried everything listed above. The back button is now the only thing that doesn't work (which is a real nusance!). I have cleaned the screen, tried a reinstall, and nothing has helped. :angry:

jeffcicale

Reaction score
I just bought a Gtab and can't wait to flash the new UD! I'll have to try this on my original droid is well but saw that another build is coming up soon!?

joyu

Reaction score
[Tried everything listed above. The back button is now the only thing that doesn't work (which is a real nusance!). I have cleaned the screen, tried a reinstall, and nothing has helped. :angry:

Try restoring one of your old backups (one where it worked correctly), if it still has a problem then it's the hardware.

If it works on the restored version then it sounds like your phone doesn't like this version of UD, I haven't seen other posts about this issue though.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gotta say I am super impressed with this rom so far. I have been very hesitant to try any of the GB rom's due to all the bugs being reported but I have yet to find any that could be based solely on the fact it's gingerbread.

The one issue I have, not a big deal at all, the screen on off animation (which is insanely awesome) just stopped working. I can't seem to do anything to get it to work again, any suggestions other than wiping again. It's not a big enough deal to make me want to do a full wipe to restore the setting. Just a very cool feature.

Bg8780

Reaction score
What 1ghz ultra-low voltages work well on this ROM for the Droid 1?

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
What 1ghz ultra-low voltages work well on this ROM for the Droid 1?

Thanks!!!

It depends more on the phone than the ROM. Some droids can handle them (mine seems to be one), others can't.

Do a nandroid backup and try it. It's easy enough to restore if it doesn't. Symptoms of not working are boot loops, so you should know pretty quickly if it does or not.

Bg8780

Reaction score
I was using the 1ghz ulv on every ROM ive ever run, so im sure my phone is capable, which kernels work with this ROM? Sorry I havent been keeping up with this stuff lately. I just completed Air Force BMT and just arrived at Tech School so im a bit behind on whats going on lately.

Reaction score
I was using the 1ghz ulv on every ROM ive ever run, so im sure my phone is capable, which kernels work with this ROM? Sorry I havent been keeping up with this stuff lately. I just completed Air Force BMT and just arrived at Tech School so im a bit behind on whats going on lately.

I haven't tried them all, but I've tried the stock one and deprimed with success. Stock doesn't seem to have compcache, but has good battery life (for me); deprimed has not as good battery, but has compcache.

I think I've also tried raidzero, but I can't recall exactly. Been through a lot of roms lately ;-)

And thanks for your service to the country, btw.

Bg8780

Reaction score
OK, Ill just stick with stock for now until more 1ghz kernels are released. Thanks!

And you are very welcome! :)