The Ultimate Droid 3.1.1 - Multiple Phones and Tablets!! - Links Addded

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok great rom ud3.1.1 rocks! but i have one question how do i get the weather to work in fancy widget? i tried everything turning on gps using phones location wifi and still no weather info. so i uninstalled fancy widget and went to weather toggle app since i purchesed it. and still no weather. although i got it to work with my area code so it doesnt follow me?

any help apreciated.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot get any of the nightlies to boot up on my nook. the major release installed just fine. CM7's nightlies booted up just fine too. cant figure it out

joyu

Reaction score
Went out of town this weekend and gmaps force close on me 3x and the phone rebooted on me 2 other times while gmaps was running, anyone else having problems with gmaps? Latest google update was applied from market sometime last week. Was pretty annoying, battery seemed to drain even faster than usual (I know the batt always drains with GPS on)

Reaction score
small problem i have encountered since going to UD 3.1.1...

when i load up my menu of apps, the screen will go black and stay that way for 5-10 seconds before the list of apps appears... anybody else having this problem?

adsfa34

Reaction score
small problem i have encountered since going to UD 3.1.1...

when i load up my menu of apps, the screen will go black and stay that way for 5-10 seconds before the list of apps appears... anybody else having this problem?

it's not a "problem" it's actually populating the list of apps in the background when this wait occurs. unlike some third-party launchers, UDLauncher is built from the stock launcher, which does not show the apps populating. it waits until all apps are populated then shows the icons.

this comes as part of a "redraw," which is where the Launcher process gets killed from a lack of memory and so the android system reinstates a cached version of the process. the wait you're experiencing is the process being reinstated into active memory.

to **LIMIT* this happening, you can "keep home in memory" from UD Settings under "Performance". This will keep the process from being killed, so it will stay in active memory. ***Keep in mind, though, that this will also cause you to have less OVERALL memory (RAM) so some processes may be affected by it (e.g. Facebook, other memory-intensive apps)***

PHAMOUS MAXIMUS

Reaction score
bootlooping after app restore

So after I installed the new rom it booted up everything was fine login everything was fine. rebooted everything was fine but after I restored my apps using titanium backup then rebooted It bootloops Pull battery and it still bootloops. I tried it multiple times and it still does the same thing after wiping and reflashing. Thanks for the help

joeybarclay

Reaction score
So after I installed the new rom it booted up everything was fine login everything was fine. rebooted everything was fine but after I restored my apps using titanium backup then rebooted It bootloops Pull battery and it still bootloops. I tried it multiple times and it still does the same thing after wiping and reflashing. Thanks for the help

Did you restore the applications data with the application?
I used titanium backup to restore some apps without data and it worked fine.

wickedkae

Reaction score
Rom is awesome except.

When I play games, such as angry birds, for some reason this rom kills scribl and widgetlocker. I have also noticed that the rom will kill these apps for no reason when I'm just doing random stuff. Anyone know whats up?

Reaction score
Rom is awesome except.

When I play games, such as angry birds, for some reason this rom kills scribl and widgetlocker. I have also noticed that the rom will kill these apps for no reason when I'm just doing random stuff. Anyone know whats up?

It's not this rom so much as it is gingerbread. GB has a much larger memory footprint, and it also kills apps a lot more aggressively to get more memory to use than Froyo did.

You can try this to make it a little less freakish about it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...too-aggressive-gingerbread-2.html#post1369760

rick620

Reaction score
I've also installed new 3.2 and still having same video recording problems as 3.1. it records video fine except when that video gets played back, the video is jerky or slightly delayed. anyone else with these issues?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Just installed 3.2 with no issues so far. Blazing fast too. Update people... Thanks UD team!

Jammin!

jguffain

Reaction score

Do not restore the app data. I restored both, apps and data, and it did the same thing, bootlooped. Reflashed and only restored apps, now everything is fine.

I love this ROM, I just got 1d 12hrs off my charge. Could of got more still had 18%bat left.