The Ultimate Droid 2.3.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

joyu

Reaction score
Long press the home screen > custom shortcut > pick your activity > custom launcher action > open/close app drawer.

Then you can drag it back where you want it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

b_wat

Reaction score
can i install this on a stock rooted droid running frg22d, sorry i just dont know that much about the droid 1 i sold my x because i needed some cash for the holidays so any help or advice would be great

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
can i install this on a stock rooted droid running frg22d, sorry i just dont know that much about the droid 1 i sold my x because i needed some cash for the holidays so any help or advice would be great
yes you can do that, you will want to wipe data and cache first before flashing the rom though.

b_wat

Reaction score
so i would
reboot into recovery
clear data/clear cache
apply update.zip
choose from sd
then im good to go after the phone reboots right

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i would
reboot into recovery
clear data/clear cache
apply update.zip
choose from sd
then im good to go after the phone reboots right

almost, what recovery are you using? If sprecovery, if the file is named update.zip you can click "apply update.zip" or you can click "choose zip from sd card" and find it that way. If clockwork recovery, no need to name the file update.zip, put the file on the sd card, chose file from sd card, find the file, apply. You may want to make a fresh backup first. Also back up all apps, do you know how to do that?

b_wat

Reaction score
Im alright as far as backups and stuff go i use clockwork recovery, im just unsure because we didnt have different kernels and stuff like that on the droid x so im kinda hesitant i dont want to mess anything up you know

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep you will be fine here is what you can do to flash it. It will have a built in kernel so no need to worry about kernels for now.

Step 1 download file to phone or pc

Step 2 if downloaded to PC, mount sd card and place file on root of card

Step 3 reboot into recovery

step 4 wipe data and cache (do it twice for good measure)

step 5 go to install zip from sd card

step 6 go to choose zip from sd card

step 7 find downloaded file

step 8 install the file

step 9 reboot and hopefully enjoy

Let me know if that works for you.

b_wat

Reaction score
hey thanks OneTenderRebel it worked just fine and I am loving it, its by far the best rom i have used but i cant say to much coming from the droid x but i do know one thing if this was out for the x i wouldnt have sold it

myDownfall

Reaction score
First ROM switch for me in quite some time, but I'm loving this new version. On a previous version of UD, I'm not sure which one it was, using the volume rocker would allow you to choose silent, vibrate, and not-silent(or whatever the proper term is).

My question is this - is there a way to use the volume rocker to choose silent, or do I have to use the power widget? I toggle between the two regularly and I'm not entirely sure that using the widget is the best way.

LT*

Reaction score
You could use the rotary lock and if you swipe it twice, it silences the phone.

LRiley

Reaction score
First ROM switch for me in quite some time, but I'm loving this new version. On a previous version of UD, I'm not sure which one it was, using the volume rocker would allow you to choose silent, vibrate, and not-silent(or whatever the proper term is).

My question is this - is there a way to use the volume rocker to choose silent, or do I have to use the power widget? I toggle between the two regularly and I'm not entirely sure that using the widget is the best way.

in ud options you can make the rocker use silent

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Just noticed this while driving in my car:

When I have pandora running in background and navigation open, when the navigation voice comes on and says anything, it shuts down my pandora. This won't happen if pandora is open in foreground, only if open in background.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

glhelinski

Reaction score
hi,
can someone tell me if this is strange or if there is a solution to this? i've been having good luck with chevy's ulv 800 throughout many roms, UD1, UD2, Charity... i just put UD2.3 on today then tried 3 chevy kernels now and get bootloops on all 3. i have tried 3 different chevy kernels now (ulv800, lv1000, lv1100).... i ALWAYS do full wipes before i do anything (even when switching kernels, i will wipe and restore a nandroid). does this seem normal? i have also tried 2 installs of UD2.3. slayher's seem fine but would like to go back to chevy's. any ideas? thanks greg

Last edited:

Chef715

Reaction score
Hello all, first post but long time reader. I've been wondering if chevy kernals would work as well glhelinksi. They seem to give me better batt life and are more reliable on my phone then slayhers. I haven't tried them on 2.3 yet but ill give em a shot tomorrow morn and let you know if I receive the same boot loops.

Sent from my Droid running UD 2.3