Post all tech support problems here. or IRC #sourcery **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea sorry about that I have an idea for 2.0 actually where u'll be able to update to the newest versions with one click like 1.1 to 1.3 or u could do 1.2 to 1.3

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App
interesting.
like a robocopy file version compare and update only old first then update to newest?

donerico

Reaction score
Exchange?

I had to stop using this ROM because exchange does not work for me. I set up my account and every time I try to start email it forecloses. Anybody else experienced this?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I had to stop using this ROM because exchange does not work for me. I set up my account and every time I try to start email it forecloses. Anybody else experienced this?

I have never used it, so I am by no means an expert, but isn't this a known issue on several ROMs?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Email worked fine for me i know the imap and pop3 never worked for me on any rom which is why back when i used ultimate droid i switched to k9 email and that's what i use still and that works fine so i would check that out if you're interested in coming back to the magic :)

donerico

Reaction score

Email worked fine for me i know the imap and pop3 never worked for me on any rom which is why back when i used ultimate droid i switched to k9 email and that's what i use still and that works fine so i would check that out if you're interested in coming back to the magic :)

I will check it out. The magic is too good to stay away for long :)
Seriously, nothing runs or looks as good as the Sorcery ROM!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I have never used it, so I am by no means an expert, but isn't this a known issue on several ROMs?
yes specifically droid1 and exchange 2010.
2007 works for some.
2003 works for all droid1's.

stock droid1 on frg083 will also fail against exchange 2010.

touchdown for exchange works on them all on all models and is a hell of a lot better anyway.

gflam exchange is different animal. k9 will fail on exchange 2010 also.

really, do yourself favor and grab touchdown, so many more features.

Last edited:

donerico

Reaction score

2007 works for some.

touchdown for exchange works on them all on all models and is a hell of a lot better anyway.

The strange thing is that this is working for me in UD 2.5 an I believe it worked fine in Sourcery 1.0, I might install Sourcery again and give it another try. I think we are running exchange 2003

glhelinski

Reaction score
don't know if this has been reported or not yet. i installed 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. once i got to 1.3 i decided i would switch to alternate browser in sourcery magic options. once i did, everything i would do to access my bookmarks would force close. skyfire fc. gotoweb bookmarking tool, miren brower ... all would force close. if i switched back to standard, it would be ok again. switch back to alternate it would start the fc's again....so yes it was consistent. this problem happened both with slayher 900 lv and chevy ulv 800 kernels. all of this was while i was unthemed.

nornevrder

Reaction score
First off great job fellas we appreciate the hard work. Found a lil bug. I am running 1.3 with the watermark theme. When ending a call and it goes to the call log automatically the previous numbers /contacts are blacked out and jumbled together to where you can't read them. Just a heads and keep on doing a great job

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off great job fellas we appreciate the hard work. Found a lil bug. I am running 1.3 with the watermark theme. When ending a call and it goes to the call log automatically the previous numbers /contacts are blacked out and jumbled together to where you can't read them. Just a heads and keep on doing a great job

Please read the first post here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sourcery-rom/110585-known-issues.html
This has been a known issue since the initial 1.0 release we will be working to fix that and the alarm clock issue in the 2.0 release

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
don't know if this has been reported or not yet. i installed 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. once i got to 1.3 i decided i would switch to alternate browser in sourcery magic options. once i did, everything i would do to access my bookmarks would force close. skyfire fc. gotoweb bookmarking tool, miren brower ... all would force close. if i switched back to standard, it would be ok again. switch back to alternate it would start the fc's again....so yes it was consistent. this problem happened both with slayher 900 lv and chevy ulv 800 kernels. all of this was while i was unthemed.

probably not compatible with muiu browser i dont have control over that :)

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2007 works for some.

The strange thing is that this is working for me in UD 2.5 an I believe it worked fine in Sourcery 1.0, I might install Sourcery again and give it another try. I think we are running exchange 2003
2003 tends to work for most, as in no inherent code issue, as it handles http/https in a whole different manner and was allowed self signed ssl certificates.
in your case a reinstall may solve it, but I still stress touchdown as its just SO much better.
I am doing an update rollup on exchange 2010sp1 server here which may address some issues. if not I have test account setup and a dev is going to help try to see what we can do on this end.
there haave ben reports editing a file works with ex2007, but for non rooted stock droids its not much help.
would like to mention its NOT rom specific, just talking about it here since it was mentioned here.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
let us know

well if you do come up with anything we can change in the rom to help meake this work let us know also
thanks

2007 works for some.

2003 tends to work for most, as in no inherent code issue, as it handles http/https in a whole different manner and was allowed self signed ssl certificates.
in your case a reinstall may solve it, but I still stress touchdown as its just SO much better.
I am doing an update rollup on exchange 2010sp1 server here which may address some issues. if not I have test account setup and a dev is going to help try to see what we can do on this end.
there haave ben reports editing a file works with ex2007, but for non rooted stock droids its not much help.
would like to mention its NOT rom specific, just talking about it here since it was mentioned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.