Installation of Sourcery 2.2

otter34

Reaction score
Very, very weird. I uninstalled the gmail notifier w/ titanium backup and it didn't show up in my list of apps, but I still got the "whistle" alert. OK so I went into magic settings and uninstalled the gmail notifier even though I didn't think it was there. I rebooted and was crossing my fingers. I opened up gmail and got the damn whistle again. I checked and I don't have gmail notifications set for the gmail program. Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
you know

we never reallly determined if sourcery was male or female and in todays world maybe it doesnt matter , but maybe it just thinks your cute and keeps whistling at you... other than that no idea :(

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Try to go to settings > Sourcery Settings > Magic Command > To install stock Sounds
It might work, other then that did you try to change your default notification sounds ?

Lenster

Reaction score
Ok I have it up and running fine on 2.2. On installed I flashed 2.2 twice and it stuck. 2.2.2 FRG83G runs so well on my Droid it's really nice to be able to customize it a lot more with Sourcery again! Thanks for the help guys. :)

Did you do it as

2.0 /2.2 /2.2 / Gapps /boot or
2.0 /2.2 / Gapps / 2.2 /boot ?

Riley

Reaction score
Ok I have it up and running fine on 2.2. On installed I flashed 2.2 twice and it stuck. 2.2.2 FRG83G runs so well on my Droid it's really nice to be able to customize it a lot more with Sourcery again! Thanks for the help guys. :)

Did you do it as

2.0 /2.2 /2.2 / Gapps /boot

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Lenster

Reaction score

Did you do it as

Thanks. I tried that and I also tried 2.0 / 2.2 / Gapps / 2.2 and both resulted in 2.0 Final under "About Phone".

And yes , I wiped all 3x before each attempt using RzR recovery.

Sorry I could not try this ROM. I am currently flashing Bugless 0.6.1 as I would like to go back to Froyo. If that is not to my liking, I will restore my MIUI 2.3.4 as that is my second choice. I may go back to PE6 when the final 2.3.4 comes out though.

Len

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Did you do it as

Thanks. I tried that and I also tried 2.0 / 2.2 / Gapps / 2.2 and both resulted in 2.0 Final under "About Phone".

Sorry I could not try this ROM. I am currently flashing Bugless 0.6.1 as I would like to go back to Froyo. If that is not to my liking, I will restore my MIUI 2.3.4 as that is my second choice. I may go back to PE6 when the final 2.3.4 comes out though.

Len

If you can if it's at all possible, flashing cwm and flashing Sourcery through it and not through rz recovery. Im wondering if that will make a difference...

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

davethedroid

Reaction score

Len

If you can if it's at all possible, flashing cwm and flashing Sourcery through it and not through rz recovery. Im wondering if that will make a difference...

Hey Len i was in the same boat you were. I thought i had a bad download link, i was about to just settle on Sourcery 2.0, but then i thought i'd try one more time.

I wiped system, data and cache(don't know if the order matters) then i flashed 2.0, 2.2 and then 2.2 again. Then i flashed gapps and even though the boot animation says 2.0, under about phone it finally said 2.2! Maybe try a couple more times, flashing 2.2 twice seems to work. Good luck man.

Riley

Reaction score
Did you do it as

Len

Don't use rzr recovery. Clockworkmod is the recovery what I used. I love rzr, but found it doesn't play well with some ROM installs.

otter34

Reaction score
Try to go to settings > Sourcery Settings > Magic Command > To install stock Sounds
It might work, other then that did you try to change your default notification sounds ?

I restored stock sounds. It installed and rebooted. Then In my gmail app I set the ringtone to cricket and just sent myself an email. Unfortunately it still whistles (big lol at eagle's comment!) and I didn't even hear a cricket ringtone

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Can u disable the gmail sound and set your default notification sound to the cricket?

darkmatter

Reaction score
You can change gmail notification sound from within gmail itself. I have texts as item acquisition from metroid, and gmail as item acq from zelda.

otter34

Reaction score
Can u disable the gmail sound and set your default notification sound to the cricket?

That's a damn fine idea!! One problem though. I uninstalled the gmail notification w/ titanium so I don't see it anywhere and then I uninstalled it w/ sourcery settings so I don't have it anymore (although I must because it still whistles). I didn't see a place to install the program, only uninstall. Do I have to reflash or is the program available someplace?

darkmatter

Reaction score
I never understood why there was a seperate app to do what gmail does natively. (Ie, gmail notifier). Go into gmail > settings.

Kinda like all those apps/widgets that try to do what androids native power widget does. (Unless its simply better implementation, like the galaxy s power widget in sourcery). When I move on from my d1, I sincerely hope I can get the same thing. I've come to rely on the power controls being in my pull down bar.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
should not of been in the release

I never understood why there was a seperate app to do what gmail does natively. (Ie, gmail notifier). Go into gmail > settings.

Kinda like all those apps/widgets that try to do what androids native power widget does. (Unless its simply better implementation, like the galaxy s power widget in sourcery). When I move on from my d1, I sincerely hope I can get the same thing. I've come to rely on the power controls being in my pull down bar.

the gmail notifier was to be able to set the led light. i got permission to use the led app so it (gmail notifier) should of been removed. but it wasnt at the time i stopped production. so it got left in.
i hear there is a new version of the rom posted that its not included with.
the galaxy widget was based off samsungs stuff so if you get a samsung it should have something similair, of course most custom roms willl also.