Installation of Sourcery 2.2

Riley

Reaction score
I checked the files in the OP and they are all good. I will reflash myself tonight just to make sure. The only other thing i can think of is RZ Recovery might cause this bug during the flashing part. I use CWM and never had a problem. Just a guess though..

I have had this problem lately as well. Even wiping everything and rebooting into recovery again installing the three items, boot.....only 2.0 with the 2.1 upgrade notification. I tried RZR and CW recoveries with the same deal. I have successfully install it with your method before like a week ago too. My only thought is that some of the folders/files that Sourcery puts on the SD card on an install that are left over after a wipe are causing and issue?

Right now I'm just running a vanilla stock but rooted 2.2.2

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I don't think that any of the folders on the sd card have anything to do with it, maybe Eagle can verify it for us:). I think the flashing 2.2 twice might help, it has happened to me in the past that the 2.0 hung there after the first flash.

dfalcon217

Reaction score
so im really having a grand ol time fooling around with this rom. lots o fun. only thing is now my android market appears to be constantly trying to download 1,000,000 previously installed apps with no success. I searched and someone suggested clearing the download manager cache. tried it and it made the phone lockup. ive since tried reinstalling some apps individually and i always get the "! download unsuccessful"

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
The best way to avoid the download of all these apps to not sign in to your google account after the first startup. Just click skip and sign in through the account setup in the settings menu.

Edit: oh well.. eagle beat me to the punch..

Lenster

Reaction score
I don't think that any of the folders on the sd card have anything to do with it, maybe Eagle can verify it for us:). I think the flashing 2.2 twice might help, it has happened to me in the past that the 2.0 hung there after the first flash.

First time around, I flashed all three then flashed 2.2 again after booting. Second time around I wiped all 3x then reflashed all three.

Neither way worked. Still showed 2.0 final

otter34

Reaction score
that is why you hear 2. this was a choice its just been a while since this was released so hard to find it now. just dlete the gmail notifier and you have your normal stuff.

f

Thanks. I actually did remove it w/ titanium backup and while it doesn't show up in my list of apps anymore it still alerts me twice

otter34

Reaction score
The galaxy power widget doesn't always appear especially after reboot. I have to go into sourcery settings and play around w/ things to get it to appear. Usually I just select OK for color and then it "magically" appears.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
have heard this one

The galaxy power widget doesn't always appear especially after reboot. I have to go into sourcery settings and play around w/ things to get it to appear. Usually I just select OK for color and then it "magically" appears.

i have never experienced any problem with it. but i have heard of this disapeariong after a reboot and having to turn back on . i believe it was narrowed down to a theme issue at the time.
or a program issue since i have never had a problem with it but i know others did have to reenable after a reboot .

Grog

Reaction score
The sourcery install went well (or so I think) but I still don't have flash, am I missing something?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Riley

Reaction score
Ok I have it up and running fine on 2.2. On installed I flashed 2.2 twice and it stuck. 2.2.2 FRG83G runs so well on my Droid it's really nice to be able to customize it a lot more with Sourcery again! Thanks for the help guys. :)

Riley

Reaction score
The sourcery install went well (or so I think) but I still don't have flash, am I missing something?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

You have to install that from the market. :)