Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ha! so far so good. Got it all set up finally. Very nice gentlemen good stuff! I'll run this thing for a few days and report back but so far so good. I'm impressed.

As a side note, I am working on a theme and will definitely have it ported to Sourcery. If you like a deep yellow and black Carbon Fiber you will be very happy : )

There are subtle hints of yellow in it and a lot of carbon fiber. Nothing gaudy and washed out.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
ha! so far so good. Got it all set up finally. Very nice gentlemen good stuff! I'll run this thing for a few days and report back but so far so good. I'm impressed.

As a side note, I am working on a theme and will definitely have it ported to Sourcery. If you like a deep yellow and black Carbon Fiber you will be very happy : )

There are subtle hints of yellow in it and a lot of carbon fiber. Nothing gaudy and washed out.

CK, I thought you were a Droid 2 man. Also, I never knew you were a themer - WOW! that's really cool! Looking forward to trying your theme out. :):)

-Mike

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
no burnt sienna but it does sound dashing!! : )

Ultra I haven't upgraded yet you believe that?!! Also I don't know how to theme lol so it's being designed. Long process with too many flashes going on. In the end it will be worth it though.

nornevrder

Reaction score

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey raidzero,

Instead of being an a** h*** maybe you should try to help a fellow/up-and-coming dev out...

Gflam and eagle have been easily the most helpful and responsive devs I have come across and I have been part of the root community since the exploit was found for the original Droid in the 2.0.1 update.

I have personally talked with gflam over gtalk and he helped me through a permissions issue with custom settings in the milestone oc app with a custom fix specifically for me. This in and of itself shows these devs commitment to this rom and making sure everyone has a stellar experience.

If the format of the updates in the sourcery settings is outdated then so be it, but I highly doubt it is because gflam and eagle's skills are lacking. If anything what we have here are some very talented devs who are relatively new to the game and would love to learn, so next time, before you "dis" a rom or a dev maybe you should think about how you are affecting (or potentially improving) the d1 root community as a whole. We are not here to compete, we're here to make our "outdated" devices the best they can be...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Hey man, I didnt mean to come off like that, I was in line at the mall and didn't have much time to write a full post... I just mean that amend is dying quicky. I did not mean to put anyone down either.. calm down. I will help you guys in whatever way I can, its just a simple updater-script syntax thing

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's not true... sourcery uses an obsolete update.zip format known as "amend" that only clockwork still supports. Clockwork 3 will finally abandon amend. You will be forced to upgrade to the edify format.

I would like to stae the sprecovery installs all our zips fine.
We have had problems with raidzero and it wouldnt even install our inital rom and we had to post not to use it.
I sent messages to you and the only thing i got back was you pulled it and looking at it.
I sent at least 1 more message i think 2 asking if you figured anything out and you did not return my messages.
I do know that the new clockwork has problems also due to some testers using.
But we have no idea what this new zip format is , never heard of it and cant find any good info on it.
I am taking your just talking about the update and fixes and stuff not the rom,
I would like to switch these so they are not causing a problem.
Would be great if instead of saying they use old stuff.
How about saying hey guys your update zips are an older style and they are being switched out for this type here is some info.

If you look at any posts i have in other roms sections i dont tell them come to sourcery we dont have that problem i try to help them. How about helping insead of negative comments.

quoted " You will be forced to upgrade to the edify format"
I dont need to be forced to make things work for people I work very hard to make sure they do before i release anything.
and if something isnt working i work very hard to fix it as fast as possible.
Unfortunately i cant fix things i didnt know were broken.

Anyone know where there is a update zip package using this. I continue to search but just not finding anything like that.
Thanks for anyone that can help

Google for edify vs amend update.zip, that will produce all the info you need. From an SPR standpoint (I have never run clockwork), I had never heard of amend, so I was just as shocked as you when you heard about edify :)

I just suggest to update to edify since that is where things are going, sorry for coming off a bit short. I was in a hurry, for that I apologize. If you want help converting I will do what I can.. just remember I was just as shocked as you when I learned there were 2 update.zip format standards..

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's fine but apparently all of our update.zips are the edify format and everything works with your recovery. That is everything but fix1 which was sent out to everyone to fix a few things. But from what we can tell every zip we have is in the edify format and your recovery is working fine with our rom.

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's fine but apparently all of our update.zips are the edify format and everything works with your recovery. That is everything but fix1 which was sent out to everyone to fix a few things. But from what we can tell every zip we have is in the edify format and your recovery is working fine with our rom.
sweet :)

The one that I looked at, was just to run a shell script, and it was indeed in the amend format. I recognized it because I opened it up, and there was no updater-binary in there. In the amend format this was how it was done, since the recovery itself handled the parsing of the script file. Nowadays, the recovery only runs a binary to parse the script, included with the update script files (now called updater-script, and that too is in a different format)

Anyway, I am happy to hear you solved the problems and again, I don't want there to be any hard feeling between us, devs should all work together to come up with great stuff :D

edit: a great example of edify vs amend is a slayher kernel update.zip., He includes updater-script, updater-binary AND update-script to be compatible with all recoveries. If you crack one open you can clearly see the syntax differences in the script.

Last edited:
OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea no I've seen the binary file in every zip I've dealt with but had never heard of the edify or amend formats till u said that however anyway yes it should be devs working together to promote the community I totally agree

danceswithbongs

Reaction score

The one that I looked at, was just to run a shell script, and it was indeed in the amend format. I recognized it because I opened it up, and there was no updater-binary in there. In the amend format this was how it was done, since the recovery itself handled the parsing of the script file. Nowadays, the recovery only runs a binary to parse the script, included with the update script files (now called updater-script, and that too is in a different format)

Anyway, I am happy to hear you solved the problems and again, I don't want there to be any hard feeling between us, devs should all work together to come up with great stuff :D

edit: a great example of edify vs amend is a slayher kernel update.zip., He includes updater-script, updater-binary AND update-script to be compatible with all recoveries. If you crack one open you can clearly see the syntax differences in the script.

RZ
I for one am happy to see your latest post here on sourcery, total 180 and it says a lot, regarding your integrity and class.
You have to understand, though the entire community is not on sourcery, those that are will fiercely leap to attack those that put down or at least come across as putting down the two devs that we have grown to like and respect, due to the way they work and handle supporting their users.
Not to mention providing a very unique experience for us on OGs.

And immediate assistance and problem solving for anyone and everyone that asks, certainly only increases our enjoyment and lessens any worries that one might screw their phone up.
You do much the same I have noticed with those trying to work RZRecovery, and we all appreciate being able to directly deal with the developer rather than one of their underlings, usually lacking in full knowledge to help, knowledge only the developer possesses.

I wish all devs would work together, but it has become all to clear that in the Custom ROM world you have certain devs, not all, with egos the size of the mass of protesters in Egypt. As well as overinflated pride of ownership. Two psychological properties that unfortunately seem to derail most attempts at working in unison. Too many conductors and only one train, so to say.
And from what I have heard, regarding past attempts to work together, things seem to crumble quickly once the infighting begins. And once the train starts going down hill nothing stops its momentum until you have people, who now refuse to talk to or discuss others whom they once worked with on a project together, a project that fell off the tracks

I hope this combining of the minds goes well as it is only to the benefit of all.
And it seems like your recovery may be a really sweet addition to the flashing world. As I have read that thread for quite some time now and am just trying to figure one or two more things out before giving her a whirl as I never used SPRecovery only CWM, though I still choose to do everything myself when in recovery.
I shall cease babbling now.

To all unfortunate non bachelors, get those wallets open, and have a nice valentine's day with your beloved.

And for the lucky few who are single, good luck in the annual running of "find a depressed single woman on valentine's day and make her valentine's night!".

danceswithbongsanddepressedsingleladies

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

RZ
I for one am happy to see your latest post here on sourcery, total 180 and it says a lot, regarding your integrity and class.
You have to understand, though the entire community is not on sourcery, those that are will fiercely leap to attack those that put down or at least come across as putting down the two devs that we have grown to like and respect, due to the way they work and handle supporting their users.

And immediate assistance and problem solving for anyone and everyone that asks, certainly only increases our enjoyment and lessens any worries that one might screw their phone up.
You do much the same I have noticed with those trying to work RZRecovery, and we all appreciate being able to directly deal with the developer rather than one of their underlings, usually lacking in full knowledge to help, knowledge only the developer possesses.

I wish all devs would work together, but it has become all to clear that in the Custom ROM world you have certain devs, not all, with egos the size of the mass of protesters in Egypt. As well as overinflated pride of ownership. Two psychological properties that unfortunately seem to derail most attempts at working in unison. Too many conductors and only one train, so to say.
And from what I have heard, regarding past attempts to work together, things seem to crumble quickly once the infighting begins. And once the train starts going down hill nothing stops its momentum until you have people, who now refuse to talk to or discuss others whom they once worked with on a project together, a project that fell off the tracks

I hope this combining of the minds goes well as it is only to the benefit of all.
And it seems like your recovery may be a really sweet addition to the flashing world. As I have read that thread for quite some time now and am just trying to figure one or two more things out before giving her a whirl as I never used SPRecovery only CWM, though I still choose to do everything myself when in recovery.

{snip}

+1 Very well stated.

-Mike

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

RZ

{snip}

+1 Very well stated.

-Mike

+2 - we should just get along..

Status
Not open for further replies.