[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't think it's the Rom's fault but something is up with RZ recovery and Sourcery, When I tried the Fix #1 using RZ recovery. It downloaded the update.zip, booted to recovery, I chose the update.zip from sdcard, and the installation failed. I needed to remove the info and drop it into a SPR/RZ update.zip shell and then it installed fine.

Last edited:

drew

Reaction score
just came over from MIUI after about 4 months of that.

A few things:
1) Can't seem to install anything from the market. Installation unsuccessful
2) Titanium Backup didn't restore. Was hoping to restore some missing apps
3) Handcent didn't restore, but I got it working again
4) Where is Car Home? (EDIT - not an issue - in the app tray)
5) Gallery has a BUNCH of albums (two named 16, banner_assets, etc) that I don't want and not sure what they are.

Used ROM Manager, Wiped.

Thrilled that the email app is working with exchange again, since MIUI didn't.

Ideas?

Last edited:

T-Dev

Reaction score
just came over from MIUI after about 4 months of that.

A few things:
1) Can't seem to install anything from the market. Installation unsuccessful
2) Titanium Backup didn't restore. Was hoping to restore some missing apps
3) Handcent didn't restore, but I got it working again
4) Where is Car Home? (Probably related to the restore)
5) Gallery has a BUNCH of albums (two named 16, banner_assets, etc) that I don't want and not sure what they are.

Used ROM Manager, Wiped.

Thrilled that the email app is working with exchange again, since MIUI didn't.

Ideas?

1-4) try clearing data in settings>applciations and find the market app. reboot then go into the market. If this doesnt work try to download the rom/gapps from the sourcery site and load. I have heard of many issues downloading from rom manager...
5) seems to be grouping PNG/JPG's from your sd card into folders inside the gallery. Will check with dev's to see why this is happening.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thats great

That's not true... sourcery uses an obsolete update.zip format known as "amend" that only clockwork still supports. Clockwork 3 will finally abandon amend. You will be forced to upgrade to the edify format.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I would like to stae the sprecovery installs all our zips fine.
We have had problems with raidzero and it wouldnt even install our inital rom and we had to post not to use it.
I sent messages to you and the only thing i got back was you pulled it and looking at it.
I sent at least 1 more message i think 2 asking if you figured anything out and you did not return my messages.
I do know that the new clockwork has problems also due to some testers using.
But we have no idea what this new zip format is , never heard of it and cant find any good info on it.
I am taking your just talking about the update and fixes and stuff not the rom,
I would like to switch these so they are not causing a problem.
Would be great if instead of saying they use old stuff.
How about saying hey guys your update zips are an older style and they are being switched out for this type here is some info.

If you look at any posts i have in other roms sections i dont tell them come to sourcery we dont have that problem i try to help them. How about helping insead of negative comments.

quoted " You will be forced to upgrade to the edify format"
I dont need to be forced to make things work for people I work very hard to make sure they do before i release anything.
and if something isnt working i work very hard to fix it as fast as possible.
Unfortunately i cant fix things i didnt know were broken.

Anyone know where there is a update zip package using this. I continue to search but just not finding anything like that.
Thanks for anyone that can help

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That's not true... sourcery uses an obsolete update.zip format known as "amend" that only clockwork still supports. Clockwork 3 will finally abandon amend. You will be forced to upgrade to the edify format.

I would like to stae the sprecovery installs all our zips fine.
We have had problems with raidzero and it wouldnt even install our inital rom and we had to post not to use it.
I sent messages to you and the only thing i got back was you pulled it and looking at it.
I sent at least 1 more message i think 2 asking if you figured anything out and you did not return my messages.
I do know that the new clockwork has problems also due to some testers using.
But we have no idea what this new zip format is , never heard of it and cant find any good info on it.
I am taking your just talking about the update and fixes and stuff not the rom,
I would like to switch these so they are not causing a problem.
Would be great if instead of saying they use old stuff.
How about saying hey guys your update zips are an older style and they are being switched out for this type here is some info.

If you look at any posts i have in other roms sections i dont tell them come to sourcery we dont have that problem i try to help them. How about helping insead of negative comments.

+1 i tried several roms and had never enjoyed the support and response or such dedicated developers.

MJ5150

Reaction score
this does happen from time to time...
Go to settings > applications > find the market app and clear data...Reboot and go into the market again, this might bring your apps back.

thank you for the tip. I tried this, three times. Still no auto syncing with the market. I have 62 apps total, and I really don't want to download and install them all manually.

Other than that, I dig this ROM. I have been using it for about eight hours now. I'll try the market data clear a couple more times before giving up and going to another ROM.

-Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Go to settings > applications > find the market app and clear data...Reboot and go into the market again, this might bring your apps back.

thank you for the tip. I tried this, three times. Still no auto syncing with the market. I have 62 apps total, and I really don't want to download and install them all manually.

Other than that, I dig this ROM. I have been using it for about eight hours now. I'll try the market data clear a couple more times before giving up and going to another ROM.

-Mike

If cache clear fails, flash to last nandroid and let market sync, then flash back. Nandroid current sourceryrom if you've setup things already.
That will work without fail.
Good luck

MJ5150

Reaction score
If cache clear fails, flash to last nandroid and let market sync, then flash back. Nandroid current sourceryrom if you've setup things already.
Good luck

I don't have a Sourcery nandroid yet. I was waiting for the market to sync and to do a couple more tweaks. My last good nandroid is a muiu one from last week where the market is already snyced.

How about this.....wipe cache/data/system/boot four times. Flash Sourcery 2.0. Boot Droid. Go back into recovery and flash the Sourcery gapps? Will that get it done? I am using Clockwork if that matters, but not the brand new version.

-Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Good luck

I don't have a Sourcery nandroid yet. I was waiting for the market to sync and to do a couple more tweaks. My last good nandroid is a muiu one from last week where the market is already snyced.

How about this.....wipe cache/data/system/boot four times. Flash Sourcery 2.0. Boot Droid. Go back into recovery and flash the Sourcery gapps? Will that get it done? I am using Clockwork if that matters, but not the brand new version.

-Mike

Sorry if I wasn't clear on this. I meant flash back to your last nandroid not from sourcery.Let market sync then flash back to a nandroid of sourcery that you will make now. When you return to sourcery let the market sync. If it doesn't clear cache and data and Re open. Give it time after you open. Scroll around a bit before going to my apps

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just a thought

had someone else with a similair problem also coming from muiu. But what his problem was was he was running a apps to sd app. since you mention you have so many apps could this be the problem.

-Mike

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Hey raidzero,

Instead of being an a** h*** maybe you should try to help a fellow/up-and-coming dev out...

Gflam and eagle have been easily the most helpful and responsive devs I have come across and I have been part of the root community since the exploit was found for the original Droid in the 2.0.1 update.

I have personally talked with gflam over gtalk and he helped me through a permissions issue with custom settings in the milestone oc app with a custom fix specifically for me. This in and of itself shows these devs commitment to this rom and making sure everyone has a stellar experience.

If the format of the updates in the sourcery settings is outdated then so be it, but I highly doubt it is because gflam and eagle's skills are lacking. If anything what we have here are some very talented devs who are relatively new to the game and would love to learn, so next time, before you "dis" a rom or a dev maybe you should think about how you are affecting (or potentially improving) the d1 root community as a whole. We are not here to compete, we're here to make our "outdated" devices the best they can be...

Reaction score
Don't think it's the Rom's fault but something is up with RZ recovery and Sourcery, When I tried the Fix #1 using RZ recovery. It downloaded the update.zip, booted to recovery, I chose the update.zip from sdcard, and the installation failed. I needed to remove the info and drop it into a SPR/RZ update.zip shell and then it installed fine.

I'm having the same problem. Fix #1 will download to my card and automatically reboot into SP recovery just fine, but when I go to install it in it aborts the install. What do you mean about "remove the info and drop it into a SPR update.zip shell?"

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hey raidzero,

Instead of being an a** h*** maybe you should try to help a fellow/up-and-coming dev out...

Gflam and eagle have been easily the most helpful and responsive devs I have come across and I have been part of the root community since the exploit was found for the original Droid in the 2.0.1 update.

I have personally talked with gflam over gtalk and he helped me through a permissions issue with custom settings in the milestone oc app with a custom fix specifically for me. This in and of itself shows these devs commitment to this rom and making sure everyone has a stellar experience.

If the format of the updates in the sourcery settings is outdated then so be it, but I highly doubt it is because gflam and eagle's skills are lacking. If anything what we have here are some very talented devs who are relatively new to the game and would love to learn, so next time, before you "dis" a rom or a dev maybe you should think about how you are affecting (or potentially improving) the d1 root community as a whole. We are not here to compete, we're here to make our "outdated" devices the best they can be...

+1 to this, and to Eagle's earlier post.

-Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
+1 for developers who manage to both develop and support their ROM and users, be they donor or not. Apparently this is something, by the story we've been told, RZ doesn't have the time for, even when devs want to work with him and help introduce his recovery to others who may not know about it yet. No good deed goes unpunished.
I like how the users defend the devs on this forum, which just proves the respect that the devs have gained from the users that they respect in turn. Much better than hearing crickets after a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.