[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Dev

Reaction score
Is there a setting that I don't see that fixes the phone orientation issue? I came from cyanogen and it had a setting that would fix the proximity sensor issue. Basically what happens is when you try to rest the phone on your shoulder and talk, the screen turns on and your face hits buttons like mute or even end call.

there is not a setting for that in Sourcery. might want to invest in a BT headset if you talk with phone on shoulder alot, easier to talk and better for your posture :)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Is there a setting that I don't see that fixes the phone orientation issue? I came from cyanogen and it had a setting that would fix the proximity sensor issue. Basically what happens is when you try to rest the phone on your shoulder and talk, the screen turns on and your face hits buttons like mute or even end call.

Go to settings as there might be an option, either in the main setting menu or the settings menu while in the phone app itself.

Otherwise find Teds Phone Tools in the market. It is free and has different options that will help you with that exact issue. It is funny that there are two accidents with the phone app caused by your cheeks. You can do a facial cheek call end and a butt cheek call start aka butt dialing.
A yin and its yang

segdoh49

Reaction score
To GFlam or whoever wants to chime in....
Problem: Time in state (SetCPU) not initiating with Slayer kernals
Setup: Droid1-Sourcery2.0- RZRecovery- update push (removed 00_cpuoc &
02_depmod modules from) system/etc/init.d folder.
Sequence=
a) Initiated Milestone app (Cryo 6.1 kernal) set vsl for all known good vsL's ran for a day-then initiated set on boot
b) Tried to go back to a slayer kernal
c) removed files 98sourcery & 99sourcery from system/etc/init.d (so it wouldn't initiate) rebooted
d) installed slayer
e) checked SetCPU for 'time in state' = no data on slayer kernal
f) tried reinstalling missing modules from which the update push removed(rebooted)
g) still no 'time in state' in SetCPU
h) reinstalled Cryo 6.1 (resulted in time in state working again)

What or WHY is the time in state not working when going back to the Slayer kernals ? Also when installed, the Sampeling rate is initiated @42000us and 70 up threshold in Advanced settings (that may have been due to the 00_cpuoc module) as opposed to Cryo 6.1 @ 30000us @ 93
I may have taken some wrong roads in my proceedure in trying to fix this problem, so here's the post.........

Couple of post scripts:*** I did reinstall SetCPU per Eagle1967's request after step g)
and as far as the push on the update script i was unable to perform the update.zip file through RZRecovery so I deleted the files included in the script with file manager manually.

Another PS. I asked Raidzero why this pushed update zip would not initiate with RZRecovery when I tried to install it and here's what his answer was (above my head)
"because that is the "amend" update format, LONG, LONG (I mean, SPR is based on eclair, and it doesn't even support amend) ago been abandoned, but clockwork has continued to support it. Clockwork is abandoning amend completely in the next release.

"Edify" is what's hip now, with the updater-binary being included in the zip, and the script is a new format.

Last edited:

segdoh49

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had a slayher that gave time in state w/ setcpu.
I remember first kernel other than slayher and seeing the stats and saying, um where did this come from?
Thanks dwb, that answers part of the problem the other part was about the push, but from what i can gather from what Raidzero said, that push would work just great if you used CWmod as your recovery....but what's up with that ???? does it then mean that everyone using this rom MUST use Clockwork.??? Just doesn't make sense.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Push has nothing to do with your recovery what so ever :) lol but this rom should work with any functioning recovery clockwork is the only one that goes to recovery, installs and reboots automatically all of the others you just select install update.zip and reboot yourself

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's not true... sourcery uses an obsolete update.zip format known as "amend" that only clockwork still supports. Clockwork 3 will finally abandon amend. You will be forced to upgrade to the edify format.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tomsyco

Reaction score
Is there a diagnostic tool that will give me an idea of how the rom/kernal are running. I'm not really sure how I can tune this thing to optimal settings. Sometimes its quick sometimes its slow.

tomsyco

Reaction score
Anyone else getting lag when waking up because of a phone call. It shows the lock screen for a second, then shows the number with no picture then takes a second or so to load the photo.

T-Dev

Reaction score
no issues for me. running the milestone app at 1000 and my phone is happy as a clam.

tomsyco

Reaction score
Maybe i should try that. does that kernel report cpu temp and time in state?

T-Dev

Reaction score
Maybe i should try that. does that kernel report cpu temp and time in state?

Looks like it does, but honestly never found a need to know it :) if it runs smooth and battery lasts > 1 day then im happy! and never had issue with either on sourcery.

MJ5150

Reaction score
The market did not sync for me. Did I do something wrong when I installed 2.0? I did the main app first, then gapps.

I did a complete wipe of data/cache/system/boot four times before I installed this ROM. I came from MIUI. I tried a couple other ROMs and they synced the market fine.

-Mike

T-Dev

Reaction score
The market did not sync for me. Did I do something wrong when I installed 2.0? I did the main app first, then gapps.

I did a complete wipe of data/cache/system/boot four times before I installed this ROM. I came from MIUI. I tried a couple other ROMs and they synced the market fine.

-Mike

this does happen from time to time...
Go to settings > applications > find the market app and clear data...Reboot and go into the market again, this might bring your apps back.

Status
Not open for further replies.