Post all tech support problems here. or IRC #sourcery **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmatter

Reaction score
yea. so i guess I could have solved my biggest issue without rooting, lol. oh well, the deed is done. I do like the overclocking and stuff, so I'll keep it.

since i'm new to this. I see the install2system, and then click it, but I don't have a /sdcard/system folder. Do I need to reformat etc, as suggested by rom manager? or is there a way to get it to just do it?

listenman20

Reaction score
yea. so i guess I could have solved my biggest issue without rooting, lol. oh well, the deed is done. I do like the overclocking and stuff, so I'll keep it.

since i'm new to this. I see the install2system, and then click it, but I don't have a /sdcard/system folder. Do I need to reformat etc, as suggested by rom manager? or is there a way to get it to just do it?

the install2system is mainly used to load .apk files into system on your phone. you'd put an app into a folder named system on the root of the card. ie: sdcard/system. then press install2system and voila! you have that app installed in system....just be careful not to overload system.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

I'm not sure what you are trying to install but the system folder is on the root of the phone, not on the sdcard. I access it with Android Mate app.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I was thinking it was just a nice workaround from the measly in phone storage. even with install2sd, there's still some data left on the phone storage. like crusade of destiny still leaves 7mb (down from 14 or so, I think) I just really hate that low memory icon, lol.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
install to system

Install to system is this
you make a system folder on you sd card and any apk's you put in there will be installeed into system/app when you choose that option its mainly good for non signed apk's
of apk's that need to be in system.

Status
Not open for further replies.