Post all tech support problems here. or IRC #sourcery **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmankc

Reaction score
Handcent, but the stock app is stuck too... just wondered if there was a way to stop the download and restart it....

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

bassmankc

Reaction score
I just looked and neither app has a clear cache option just data, I'm pretty sure that will just erase all of the messages? or will it not?

vstarx

Reaction score
go into settings/applications/All

scroll down to gmail and clear data.

Sign into Gmail again on your device and you will be good to go.

bassmankc

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, it cant hurt!

Edit: it seemed to make gmail faster, also did handcent and stock mms, that didn't fix the problem either... oh well life goes on, thanks for the help

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I'll give it a shot, it cant hurt!

Edit: it seemed to make gmail faster, also did handcent and stock mms, that didn't fix the problem either... oh well life goes on, thanks for the help

Make sure you are using the latest Handcent version. They had MMS issues over time. If you are. Uninstall it, reboot and reinstall.

bassmankc

Reaction score
Thanks, I did that too, its only one message, I have recieved more since then. It was just a really good picture of my daughter and I and the person who sent it has since deleted it!

glhelinski

Reaction score
ok I'm sure this isn't ROM specific but everyone here seems very helpful, so anyway, I have an MMS stuck on downloading for over a day now.... is there anyway to kick start this thing?

i have a similar one...opened an email with a "swf" file (a video). played the swf file just fine. have an ongoing notification that tells me that swf file has been downloaded. going on 6 days it keeps showing up as a notification even though the email is gone, the swf file has since been deleted. and have rebooted several times in there and also cache cleared (not dalvik tho). (btw, i use k9 as my email). have never noticed this ever happening with any other rom. surely nothing against this rom, sourcery is great (even better than ud)

Last edited:

darkmatter

Reaction score
Another thing worth reporting.. ever since i locked adw in the memory.. not only the redraws stopped completely but my battery performance improved 40%... i get 15 hrs of heavy usage and still going...

how did you do this? the lock desktop option? i tried that and still have redraw issues. maybe rebooting will help /shrug.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Another thing worth reporting.. ever since i locked adw in the memory.. not only the redraws stopped completely but my battery performance improved 40%... i get 15 hrs of heavy usage and still going...

how did you do this? the lock desktop option? i tried that and still have redraw issues. maybe rebooting will help /shrug.

There is a feature in adw settings.

ADW Settings/ System Prefrences / System Persistent (mark the check box)

Go back to home screen and reboot.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Anyone noticed the 3d map rotation not working. The new version of maps should have the ability to twist the Map around with two fingers. I can't seem to get it to work, i have been reading mixed reports about some roms that it works on and some that it wont.

Can anyone test it and let me know if it works for them.. ?

T-Dev

Reaction score
Anyone noticed the 3d map rotation not working. The new version of maps should have the ability to twist the Map around with two fingers. I can't seem to get it to work, i have been reading mixed reports about some roms that it works on and some that it wont.

Can anyone test it and let me know if it works for them.. ?

You are correct, this feature is not enabled in Sourcery.

darkmatter

Reaction score

ah, its listed as Dangerous in the menu, lol. might be why I didn't look at it before. but redraw issue is the single biggest reason I rooted my phone. is this an option for even stock? or must you be rooted for this option to be valid?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com

ah, its listed as Dangerous in the menu, lol. might be why I didn't look at it before. but redraw issue is the single biggest reason I rooted my phone. is this an option for even stock? or must you be rooted for this option to be valid?

It should work even if you are not rooted. Redraws happen when there are to many apps running in the bg which eats up the memory so android kills up to free memory. By checking that box you are instructing the phone not to kill the home app which stops the redraws.. hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.