Post all tech support problems here. or IRC #sourcery **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

listenman20

Reaction score
Will download, won't install. And I restored them using TB, it worked fine until 1.3 :/

i've seen that happen on several ROMs...just have to keep canceling and redownloading til it comes thru...sometimes have to reboot....

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
funny TB

Okay that's odd none of those apps are included in the rom those are the only ones that won't update? And what does it do does it start to download and then not install? Did u install those apps with an update.zip or straight from the market?

facebook, dropbox, mybackup pro, lookout, miren, rom gripper,

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Will download, won't install. And I restored them using TB, it worked fine until 1.3 :/

Ok take a look over at PE's site he has great instructruction for TB my insturcution is to use the delete button. Sorry nothing against the developer of TB but this program has been causing problems with many newer roms and im tending to think its the progrm rather than 3-4 different roms. more than 90% of the probelms experienced on sourcery since 1.0 have had TB invvolved in some way or another.
For 2.0 I will post a link to PE's section after i get his permission im sure he wont mind he or his team wrote up such a lenghty article it would be a waste of time to try to duplicate it when its already so good.
My recommendation will be dont use it at all. I do not know what it is doing or why its causing problems but i can link 90% of problems with it.
my 2 cents. Anyone that uses this i would suggest you all contact the developer of that app and see if he is aware of these problmes and or has any ideas on them.. I have not used it in like a year so i am just not overly familair with it. But i sugeest never restoring anything to system or system data for sure.

flyinion

Reaction score
Yeah I'm seeing weirdness with TB too. I followed what I'm guessing is the link you're going to use from PE about using it when I was trying out a CM7 nightly last night and, granted it could be due to gingerbread but restoring the account settings per the PE site resulted in GTalk not being able to sign in even though gmail, contact, etc. synced just fine. Kept complaining about a bad password.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not sure if this is the place to report this.

I'm using the blacked out theme for the first time and its cool, but in the Maps app when you search, the search history wont show. It seems like both the bg and the font are black.

Searching through the Google search widget is fine cause it has a white bg.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Similar issue while searching on the market. With the blacked out theme when trying to search the market u cant see the search history cause its black font and black bg.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
thanks

Similar issue while searching on the market. With the blacked out theme when trying to search the market u cant see the search history cause its black font and black bg.

wierd it took this long to surface?
ill report it to gflam
but probably wont be fixed until 2.0

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Another thing worth reporting.. ever since i locked adw in the memory.. not only the redraws stopped completely but my battery performance improved 40%... i get 15 hrs of heavy usage and still going...

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
good to know

Another thing worth reporting.. ever since i locked adw in the memory.. not only the redraws stopped completely but my battery performance improved 40%... i get 15 hrs of heavy usage and still going...

wierd not sure how those have anything to do with one another but ill put in it the tips and tricks section(no we dont have it yet but will)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I have managed to solve most of the big issues I had, like when you guys dl a theme and get denied su rights by the terminal. Just a small matter of wiping the su app data and re allowing everything su rights again and now everything works but one item.
The back button kill app being used will not engage.
Not sure of this was already discussed.
Side Note:
Cha0s theme I'm testing is fantastic and melds perfectly with Source ~ ery
Should be sweet when 2.0 is released
DWB

T-Dev

Reaction score
I have managed to solve most of the big issues I had, like when you guys dl a theme and get denied su rights by the terminal. Just a small matter of wiping the su app data and re allowing everything su rights again and now everything works but one item.
The back button kill app being used will not engage.
Not sure of this was already discussed.
Side Note:
Cha0s theme I'm testing is fantastic and melds perfectly with Source ~ ery
Should be sweet when 2.0 is released
DWB

Dances, there is a setting for the long press back button. I think it is in settings > Applicationss > Development

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I am having SIP login difficulties.. tried two different applications already. Anyone else has any trouble ?

Edit: Nevermind.. was a provider issue.

Last edited:

bassmankc

Reaction score
ok I'm sure this isn't ROM specific but everyone here seems very helpful, so anyway, I have an MMS stuck on downloading for over a day now.... is there anyway to kick start this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.