eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
1.0-1.2?

The problems you are stating although sound more extreme were problems associated with some for 1.0 did you wipe data/cache and install 1.1 .
If you didnt than id suggest that.
If you did that did you try whatever kernel you were using before sourcery.
If those are true and done than unfortunately id say sourcery and your phone dont like each other which happens occasionally. Because these problems are no longer present. If you updated to 1.2 through rom update from 1.0 this is the problem. we would have liked to make this not possible but as we mentioned we didnt quite plan ahead :)

Just commenting for others that may ready Please read release notes of any release.

I had a lot of random reboots. Updating to 1.2 seemed to help the ones from opening the keyboard when the phone was locked, but it still was restarting two to five times a day that I saw. Sometimes it was right after I closed an app. It also happened during or immediately after about a third of calls. My phone does not have the happiest history with slayher kernels, but this was through five kernels, including the chevy 800 lv it has always run without fail.

Also, for some reason swype would not work from time to time. If I input a word from anything else, it would work again when I switched back.

I've switched for the moment, since I need my phone for work purposes, but I can do a nandroid back for troubleshooting.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

goinverted

Reaction score
anyway to fix the transparent text messages, I can't see the texts when they come in.

:)

Is this just because of your background? or what do you mean?

Yes, I am assuming if I had a plain white background I would see it just fine. I was just wondering if there was an option to make the backscreen black or at least a solid color behind the text messages. I know there is the option in the standard settings, but when you check the box to make the background of texts black it doesn't change anything. I like the standard theme, just wish the background to texts wasn't transparent.

listenman20

Reaction score
Yes, I am assuming if I had a plain white background I would see it just fine. I was just wondering if there was an option to make the backscreen black or at least a solid color behind the text messages. I know there is the option in the standard settings, but when you check the box to make the background of texts black it doesn't change anything. I like the standard theme, just wish the background to texts wasn't transparent.

there's an alternate mms in the sourcery settings that might work for ya.

Glitch4583

Reaction score
Tried using the update app to go from 1.1 to 1.2. I run almost all my apps off the SD card using Titanium to move them over. With 1.1, ADW EX would run fine but in 1.2, it keeps locking up, same with regular ADW. Went back to 1.1 for now, thoughts?

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Tried using the update app to go from 1.1 to 1.2. I run almost all my apps off the SD card using Titanium to move them over. With 1.1, ADW EX would run fine but in 1.2, it keeps locking up, same with regular ADW. Went back to 1.1 for now, thoughts?

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

No the changes in the 1.2 update should have no effect what so ever they are only geared toward setting and script improvements.

there are 2 files settings and the stock calendar.
Maybe if you have the stock calendar moved over to the card and it is installed in system this causes a conflict. ??????????
other than that theres nothing else i can think of.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you didn't specify but is adw also moved to sd? this would cause that.

jdtug

Reaction score
Hello Sourcery team. I am having a problem with goggles. I keep getting the ipv6 error. My wifi tether works fine. Using slayher900 kernal.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

T-Dev

Reaction score
Hello Sourcery team. I am having a problem with goggles. I keep getting the ipv6 error. My wifi tether works fine. Using slayher900 kernal.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

Getting that on a few other roms as well. It is an issue with the kernel. I use barcode scanner in place of goggles... might try a chevy kernel to see if it works with goggles

faracinman2

Reaction score
1)problem: Google Goggles won't work and gives this message, Googles won't work in your non-standard system configuration (kernal is missing IPv6 support)

2)when did it start: Soon as I tried opening the app

3)what rom version are you on: v1.2

4)what theme are you on: Gingerbread

5) is it constant or only sometimes: Constant

6) have you had this problem on any other roms: No

T-Dev

Reaction score
Faracinman, read 1 post up. The issue is not rom specific, it is kernel related. Might try a chevy kernel, then seem to do a lil better with goggles and the IPv6 support

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
1)problem: Google Goggles won't work and gives this message, Googles won't work in your non-standard system configuration (kernal is missing IPv6 support)

2)when did it start: Soon as I tried opening the app

3)what rom version are you on: v1.2

4)what theme are you on: Gingerbread

5) is it constant or only sometimes: Constant

6) have you had this problem on any other roms: No

See above post but thank you for followint the information. it does make it much easier to work on. well figure out a fix for this. it just isnt a popular app so hadnt hit our list until the last couple days. let us know if another kernel does it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.