D1-Miui-1.4.29

beaton3344

Reaction score
OK .. I just installed gingerbread keyboard from the market for now. Works very good by the way for a quick fix.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

abtre

Reaction score
Is there anyway to remove the "Verizon Wireless" showing up in my top bar? I like it there when I have my notification shade pulled down, but not otherwise.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is there anyway to remove the "Verizon Wireless" showing up in my top bar? I like it there when I have my notification shade pulled down, but not otherwise.

This is possible depending on how much work you want to do. You can decompile the framework-res and edit the xml/eri.xml file.

However, I don't believe you can change the top bar separately from the pull down notification. I believe the text gets pulled from the same string.

abtre

Reaction score

This is possible depending on how much work you want to do. You can decompile the framework-res and edit the xml/eri.xml file.

However, I don't believe you can change the top bar separately from the pull down notification. I believe the text gets pulled from the same string.

That sucks. It's pretty distracting. I wonder why the developers thought it a good idea from last build to this one.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Deprimed is working amazing with this build. Only issue i found was no keyboard dictionary.. Had it in last build... Driving me crazy...

Oops! I thought I checked that and it was there. I use swype, so I usually verify its there and then install swype. If you want to fix it, you can grab the LatinIME.apk from CM7 and push it to your phone.

How do you "push" it to your phone? Just install it as an update.zip? I have the zip file on my computer now not installed yet, how would I go about adding it in to the rom?

Last edited:
OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How do you "push" it to your phone? Just install it as an update.zip? I have the zip file on my computer now not installed yet, how would I go about adding it in to the rom?

You need to have android-sdk platform-tools installed so you can use adb. Then you can use it from the terminal (command prompt in windows) in the directory you have the LatinIME.apk you have grabbed from CyanogenMod 7.

adb remount
adb push LatinIME.apk /system/app/LatinIME.apk
adb reboot

I didn't realize there was a gingerbread keyboard in the market. Installing that was reported to work and would be much easier to do.

abtre

Reaction score

You need to have android-sdk platform-tools installed so you can use adb. Then you can use it from the terminal (command prompt in windows) in the directory you have the LatinIME.apk you have grabbed from CyanogenMod 7.

adb remount
adb push LatinIME.apk /system/app/LatinIME.apk
adb reboot

I didn't realize there was a gingerbread keyboard in the market. Installing that was reported to work and would be much easier to do.
You could do that, or just use Root Explorer to replace the current LatinIME.apk, change the permissions, and reboot. Always more than one way to skin a cat.

beaton3344

Reaction score
Downloaded from market then used. Tibu to remove android keyboard. Then installed gingerbread keyboard. Works perfect. I hate messing with adb. Also dictionary works perfect as well.

Last edited:

DROOIID

Reaction score
Thanks figured it out. I just backed up the keyboard in the previous release then restored it.

Two bugs I found first there is chinese in the call app like after you hang up with someone, also on the boot animation. For some reason rom manager cannot fix permissions. Small things, but perfect besides that.

beaton3344

Reaction score
Rom manager worked for me. Didn't have any problems fixing permissions.

kamisan

Reaction score
Thanks figured it out. I just backed up the keyboard in the previous release then restored it.

Two bugs I found first there is chinese in the call app like after you hang up with someone, also on the boot animation. For some reason rom manager cannot fix permissions. Small things, but perfect besides that.

Use root explorer /data/data area find rom manager folder then the fix permissions file and change the permissions to 755. (Allow all) and it should work.

Last edited:

abtre

Reaction score

BYHKb.jpg

I've messed around with the ERI file and I'm not trying to remove it entirely. I just don't want it showing up like it is in the screenshot. I asked someone else who had installed the 4.29 port, as well as updated my friend's Incredible to the 4.29 port, and neither show "Verizon Wireless" unless the shade is pulled down. Any ideas?

For the record, I greatly appreciate the work you put into the ROM and by no means am I ungrateful. Just trying to learn.

bustadroid

Reaction score

It's really distracting for me, please post instructions on how to get rid of it thanks!