D1-miui-1.4.15 (Gingerbread)

illmatic636

Reaction score
Had to try the new build (1.4.15) , nice , but had a few problems and will wait for more stable build to try again .
Looks good though . dancedroid

What problems? Let us know in case we have not come across them please.

jdm627

Reaction score
Again amazing with slahyer
Thank you for your amazing work.

g_what

Reaction score
Actually, I would like to modify my comment from earlier. Everything is running smoothly, but I am having a battery issue. This is not strictly a MIUI issue (I don't think it is, anyways).

My screen is destroying my battery life... significantly more than it did with the Froyo build. Is anyone else noticing a similar issue?

I noticed the display settings have been modified for Gingerbread. Does anyone have suggestions for good brightness settings? I have the automatic brightness setting selected because it is very convenient. There are advanced settings that I am not really sure what to do with. The only thing I have changed so far is making the Sample interval 5s (instead of the default 1s).

I may have to look into that, i have a hunch of what could be wrong..
You make any significant findings in the last 18 hours?

I'm not trying to rush anything; I'm just curious.

bigdad63

Reaction score
You may want to try re-downloading the zip and wiping data/cache and re flashing. I have flashed many builds of 1.4.15 and none have given me continuous or repeated FCs. If you can pull a logcat of your phone w/ the FC there could be clues as to what is going on.
I do too have constant FC, flashed latest 1c rev ROM. re-downloading ROM zip file right now, and will re-flash. i used rom manager first time, should i do differently?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

I re-flashed ROM manually as update.zip. No FC. But then restored my all app with MIUI Backup, here it came back, FC every minute no matter what i do. I re-flashed again, no app restore - no FC.
Then, another problem with Market, does not work downloading purchased app using 3G, switched to WI-FI works but slow, very slow, reception probable not great. Still wanted to see if i can restore some games. It did work, no FC. Apps like SetCPU, Adobe Flash player gets me FC right away. Reinstall Market appk - same story with 3G freezing on "starting download".
Other then Market issue - no problems with ROM. The only one thing that it is not as snapy as previous ROM, the last one MIUI ROM before GB.
two questions:
is there customer kernels that run with this ROM;
is there any suggestion on Market issue i am having.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

If you're able, try restoring (apps only, no system data) using titanium backup. And there is a fix for DLing market apps in the first thread I believe.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Oops, just got an error when trying to back up the rom with RM.

lishper

Reaction score
I wanted to chime in and offer my experience so far with MIUI.

I switched over from CM7, probably nightly 40 or 39. I was really sick of CM7, and performance on my phone wasn't great, even with compcache, deprimed kernel and swapper 2.

I am loving MIUI. I haven't experienced any FC issues with the rom. It's been great and speedy. Performance is still great, even after updating from 1.4.15 to 1.4.15c. I hope this project continues because this is a ROM I want to stick with.

My issues:
Market did not resync any of my apps. Luckily I had Titanium Backup, and I resynced several apps that I wanted to keep.

This port of the rom is being developed for the OG Droid on Verizon, am I correct? I'm just wondering why the build number for the rom is listed as MIUIDev-1.4.15? I'm thinking this is the reason the market is not resyncing my apps. As a matter of fact, my market has many Chinese/Asian applications on the main apps pages that aren't there when I backed up and flashed a clean install of CM7 (which resynced my apps from before). Market shows completely different apps. I think the build number should be reflective of CM7, like GRI40 if it's for the OG Droid.

Also, I think there should be the performance settings available in the Settings. If it's based off of CM7, it'd be nice to have the choice to alter compcache and clock speeds right from settings.

Other than that, I think this rom is fantastic. Thanks for all of the hard work everyone!

droidusa

Reaction score
By far this is one of the best looking and easier roms to navigate. Wish their was some more performance modification stuff but all in all a great start. Looking forward to more stable versions.

Also I am seeing that the 3G and data signal icon in the status bar change from white to stock green.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Then, another problem with Market, does not work downloading purchased app using 3G, switched to WI-FI works but slow, very slow, reception probable not great.

There is a fix for the downloading on 3G that is at the bottom of the OP (first post in this thread). Look for Download Fix and follow those instructions. That has fixed it for me every time.

Are you restoring apps and system data or just apps? Is the backup you are restoring from a GB Miui (1.4.8 or later) or Froyo Miui (1.3.25 or earlier) ?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This port of the rom is being developed for the OG Droid on Verizon, am I correct? I'm just wondering why the build number for the rom is listed as MIUIDev-1.4.15? I'm thinking this is the reason the market is not resyncing my apps. As a matter of fact, my market has many Chinese/Asian applications on the main apps pages that aren't there when I backed up and flashed a clean install of CM7 (which resynced my apps from before). Market shows completely different apps. I think the build number should be reflective of CM7, like GRI40 if it's for the OG Droid.

The build settings in the build.prop file do reflect FRG83D the same as CM7. AFAIK, the modversion, what is set to D1-MIUI-1.4.15, does not affect the market. Under CM7 it is listed as CyanogenMod-7 which does not match stock droid. I can look into matching the build.prop file closer to CM7. Considering Miui syncing apps has been broken for quite a while (don't believe it has ever worked), I don't expect the fix to be that easy.

Also, I think there should be the performance settings available in the Settings. If it's based off of CM7, it'd be nice to have the choice to alter compcache and clock speeds right from settings.

Miui Devs have not reimplemented all of CM7 features in their modified settings infrastructure and gui. No Miui build has those features available yet, but hopefully in future releases.

superchachi

Reaction score
The dealbreaker...

.... for me, I'm afraid, is Google Search no longer being set as default and no way to set it as default after downloading from the market. I use it far too much for contacts/web to do without.

I miss not being able to see notifications from the lockscreen, too. I'm completely open to suggestion if there's something I'm missing.

g_what

Reaction score
A few times (maybe 2-3) I have seen an error saying that the phone app is not responding. This happens while I am on the phone. It does not affect the phone call. I do not notice until the end of the call when I want to end the call. I am not sure what will happen if I press "Force Close" while I am on the phone as I have yet to try it. I do not know how to reproduce this error.

Anyone else notice something similar?

Last edited:

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Actually, I would like to modify my comment from earlier. Everything is running smoothly, but I am having a battery issue. This is not strictly a MIUI issue (I don't think it is, anyways).

My screen is destroying my battery life... significantly more than it did with the Froyo build. Is anyone else noticing a similar issue?

I noticed the display settings have been modified for Gingerbread. Does anyone have suggestions for good brightness settings? I have the automatic brightness setting selected because it is very convenient. There are advanced settings that I am not really sure what to do with. The only thing I have changed so far is making the Sample interval 5s (instead of the default 1s).

I may have to look into that, i have a hunch of what could be wrong..
You make any significant findings in the last 18 hours?

I'm not trying to rush anything; I'm just curious.
yea magiman is currently testing. the changes should be incorporated into this Fridays build

kip256

Reaction score
Loving the new MIUI (stopped using it back in Jan). But I am having the issues of the launcher FC every 5 minutes regardless of what I am doing. Theme wise it is the stock theme and stock wallpaper, I have not changed anything besides add apps. Anybody else having this problem?

You may want to try re-downloading the zip and wiping data/cache and re flashing. I have flashed many builds of 1.4.15 and none have given me continuous or repeated FCs. If you can pull a logcat of your phone w/ the FC there could be clues as to what is going on.

I will wipe/re flash in a day or 2 (when I have time), the first time I loaded apps via titanium backup, this time I will manually reload each app via market to see if that fixes it.

Just manually wiped system and dalvik cache. Then manually flashed the ROM. Then manually put all the apps back on without using titanium backup. So far after 2 hours no FC, and everything is running smoothly. Hopefully this will work because I really want to run this ROM.