D1-Miui-1.5.6

Tip14

Reaction score
Just throwing in my experience with the contact issue, and by all means if Im wrong please correct me! If you go to the programs section and erase all the data stored and re sync your Google account all the contacts function properly. SMS does not give the "not a valid recipient message". Also be sure to cut auto sync off before you erase the data as your Google account might sync your empty contacts list. If you want you could even remove the account and then re added it after you do the contact wipe. This worked for me so hopefully it will work for someone else having this issue.

One other thing I noticed is that restoring my contacts via the MIUI backup tool seemed to cause this issue so there might be bug in there somewhere, but as Charles Barkley says "I may be wrong, but I doubt it lol"

Also I have not had any force close issue or boot loops with this port. I wiped data and reformatted before installing so if your having issue's do like the devs say and wipe and install clean.

Last edited:

Tip14

Reaction score
Also on a side note I don't post on here regularly, but I have been around learning from this awesome forum and hopefully one day I can get on the level of the many great dev's here and create my own rom lol. But I would like to say that MIUI is awesome! I have been using it for awhile now and the gingerbread addition is great! A big thanks goes to all the developers that have spent countless hours keeping this rom working and awesome to use! Its nice to have the feel of the iPhone but with the functionality and openness of android. I'm a MIUI and Android fan for life! There is now way I can go back to the lock down of the iPhone and its countless minimal upgrades they release every couple of months, but that is another topic that I wont expound on sooooo. Thanks guys for your hard work!

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Greetings,
This is my first go at miui so I have a couple questions.

First, I'm having trouble getting swype installed, is it supported?

Also, in settings I have my voicemail set to google voice, but I'm having trouble with the app itself, are there issues with it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit : I got Google voice working lol. Still no swype love though.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have gotten swype to install. I had to remove all versions of swype, reboot my phone, download the installer again. Install swype.

If it still has problems registering your devices, reboot your phone and reinstall with the same installer.

If you can get the swype keyboard to come up but not work swyping (just a blue rectangle comes up around the keyboard instead of entering text), long press on the input box, set the input method to the android keyboard. Then long press the input box again and set the input method to swype.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have gotten swype to install. I had to remove all versions of swype, reboot my phone, download the installer again. Install swype.

If it still has problems registering your devices, reboot your phone and reinstall with the same installer.

If you can get the swype keyboard to come up but not work swyping (just a blue rectangle comes up around the keyboard instead of entering text), long press on the input box, set the input method to the android keyboard. Then long press the input box again and set the input method to swype.

Thanks! Reboot did the trick, I didn't even think about it since the installer kept saying it hadn't generated a license.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

frostthejack

Reaction score
what is the difference between miui.us and miuiandroid. I see a droid 1 miui 1.5.6 release at miuiandroid.com by treyM and This 1.5.6 by Magiman7. Are those roms exactly the same or whats going on. Im confused

Treym has begun to port as well so that's where he is posting them

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

adjacks86

Reaction score
im comin from a different rom and i cant find miui backup in the market...should i go ahead and use titanium to restore apps or how should i do that???

fox_dye

Reaction score
it comes with the miui rom. you might be able to pull it out of the rom and install it on a different rom but it might be tied to the framework of the rom itself not sure but its worth a try.

adjacks86

Reaction score
ok but how will it restore my apps if i dont already have them backed up via miui backup???

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ok but how will it restore my apps if i dont already have them backed up via miui backup???

You can try titanium backup. However, miui may not agree with some apps restored that way. AFAIK, you cannot use miui backup on any rom other than miui. You cannot restore ANY system data with TB. If you are going to use TB, I would recommend restoring 1 app at a time and then verifying it works and that you do not get any launcher FCs (most common issue resulting from using TB).

When I switched to Miui the first time, I re-downloaded all of my apps via the market and reset up everything. I was able to restore the data on the most important ones, but almost all of them I just reset the settings the way I wanted them. It is a hassle, but with Miui backup, you should only have to do this once.

jemather

Reaction score
I am getting FCs with Google Voice after I go through the setup process, right before it would normally take me to my list of messages. I've tried deleting it out and wiping data, then reinstalling from the market with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

jsheffield

Reaction score
magiman7,
does this version have the fix for audio focus? the volume for navigation is quiet when concurrently playing winamp.

DROOIID

Reaction score
I am getting FCs with Google Voice after I go through the setup process, right before it would normally take me to my list of messages. I've tried deleting it out and wiping data, then reinstalling from the market with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had to go on the web and delete my voice mail messages and the I restored app from previous build and it finally worked.... I had real problems with it. Have you got Google voice call out to work on any miui gingerbread builds

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI