D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

neilfruitii

Reaction score
Okay I'm gonna give this one last try. I've tried complete wipe and install twice and didn't work so I hope it works this time. Because the rom is unusable the way it was running the last two times

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nwwolf1, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I ran across this post in this forum the other day and have been using the RZR recovery program ever since. This may be what made the difference. If you read the post it will help to explain why.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...prior-installing-rom-restoring-apps-data.html

I hope this works for you.

ludi

Reaction score
Jamezelle mentioned using the libdvm.so from CM7 in this build and having no reboots.

I'm guessing there is more to it than simply extracting from the cm7update.zip and pushing it to /system/lib (then fix perms). Tried that, and massive FC total failure mode when I rebooted.

Anyone able to better instruct me how to use the cm7 libdvm.so ?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Jamezelle mentioned using the libdvm.so from CM7 in this build and having no reboots.

I'm guessing there is more to it than simply extracting from the cm7update.zip and pushing it to /system/lib (then fix perms). Tried that, and massive FC total failure mode when I rebooted.

I am working on it, but probably won't put out another 1.4.8 version. I am going to wait and incorporate it into 1.4.15. I am also working at replacing the stock kernel with prime's deprimed kernel. I can't promise that I will get everything in the next version, but I am working on it.

jdm627

Reaction score
Those of your running Deprimed kernel, are you running the overclock or primed scripts on it or just leaving it at standard deprimed frequency and voltages?

I am thinking about including the deprimed kernel as stock in the next port I do, but wanted feedback on what overclock I should set it at.

no scripts here + 48MB VM, GPS off and been running perfect all day

stock 1.4.8b was rebooting at least twice an hour and lots of FCs
All this and prime's deprimed kernel with set cpu working for me. only the icon with voice dialer,calculator, etc it´s in chinese.
Now working better and my D1 looks like a new... tomorrow I will get a new Incredible and for sure I will use with Miui GB.

Sparkimus

Reaction score

I am working on it, but probably won't put out another 1.4.8 version. I am going to wait and incorporate it into 1.4.15. I am also working at replacing the stock kernel with prime's deprimed kernel. I can't promise that I will get everything in the next version, but I am working on it.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it. I've been running prime's various kernels for the past few months and they are top-notch.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
I've tryed everythng from Primes kernel enaabling swap with code, rzs' recovery "wipe all" a few times and my issues persist, cant finish a three line text my phone freezes and reboots, start all over again... very fustrating I almost broke my phone today, I realized if I keep trying to make my phone work Ill end up without a phone lol. Thank you all Devs and enthusiasts for posting potential fixes etc... I hope next port is a little better

ludi

Reaction score
All this and prime's deprimed kernel with set cpu working for me. only the icon with voice dialer,calculator, etc it´s in chinese.
Now working better and my D1 looks like a new... tomorrow I will get a new Incredible and for sure I will use with Miui GB.

GPS is working for you?

hixie5

Reaction score
For those of you that are having reboots and problems, try disabling GPS or turning it off in the notification pulldown. Everyone (including myself) that is running smooth with no issues has reported leaving GPS off.

My phone hasn't rebooted since Tuesday with GPS off, when it is turned on, I get reboots.

Obviously this won't be a longterm solution, but it will at least let you enjoy the ROM until the GPS issues are fixed.

My current settings that have given me a VERY usable phone:
1.4.8b
prime kernel
compcache
vm heap left at 32 (built into 1.4.8b)
GPS off

The only issue that persists for me is that I am unable to download anything from the Market over 3G. All other downloads work over 3G, just not the Market.

Looking forward to another update this weekend; the changelog off of MIUI's site says that the 24hr lockscreen clock is fixed in the next release. :)

jdm627

Reaction score

Amazing rom but I don´t think so the solution it will be the kernel I tried last night with all as I can and nothing resolved the freezes and reboots still.

ludi

Reaction score
Ya, im going to keep digging into the gps. Im actively procrastinating... have a paper due.

so, stability achieved for me by:

CWMrecovery wipe everything. market downloaded Titanium Backup. if it hanged, i went into downloads section and made sure dl on 3g enabled, then i cancelled any hung xfers in the download gui. then spend some time TiBu restoring all the apps i really want no data. miui backupped all the apps i just restored.

flashed raidzero recovery because i am actively procrastinating, and the charging while in recovery seemed cool. rzrecovery wiped everything, flashed 1.4.8b. turned off gps. used miui backup to restore all my apps i miui backedup b4 wipe. rebooted

installed deprimed kernel ran primed script (-->ULV900mhz 60vsel i think). rebooted.

created directory /data/sdext2 via better terminal

installed prime's link2sd pre-installation flashable zip. reboot.

installed darktremor latest a2sd scripts (my SD is primaryfat32, primary ext3 4b cluster, primary linux swap 4b clusters). rebooted

installed/ran a2sdgui v.8 (.9 from market FCs unusable). rebooted

installed swapper 2 (configged to using linux swap partition). rebooted

set autokiller memory manager (6/8/16/40/50/65) to chuck norris my piece with advanced tweaks enabled (sdcard speed/IO scheduler, noatime partition remounts, scheduler mod, ui optimization).

vm heap 32

dalvik cache located on internal

topped with Team Kommi's Untitled 1.6

allow for slow initial boots as many of these installs wiped dalvik; thus recreated on boot

so smooth no reboots, i bt stream music alot, no reboots even with plugging into to AC / screen off. no issues with market.
I was trying to encite a softboot or hardboot by pushing it--stableness.

just wanted to share.

Thanks Magi for your continued efforts.

Looking forward to your next build.

edit: going to try nixxing swapper... pretty sure, like Ive always learned in the past, swapping even at swappy10 to my OEMolassas sdcard is bad for the snappiness.

edit2: links2sd using the install instructions via primes kernel thread is > the darktremor method atm imo. experienced ghosting of apps after moving a bunch to /ext3 and rebooting. after reboot, i cleared launcher data via tibu, and rebooted. apps reappeared in launcher, and have not ghosted out on me since (rebooted many times/couple battery pulls, link2sd apps remain vis.)

Last edited:

linkboy

Reaction score
I turned off my gps and my phone is running a lot better now. Still going to do the other things listed in this thread.

StealthMode

Reaction score
Agreed, I turned off the GPS last night before bed, and I didn't have a reboot all day today. Of course my data is spotty, I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to work or use wifi.

jdm627

Reaction score
Agreed, I turned off the GPS last night before bed, and I didn't have a reboot all day today. Of course my data is spotty, I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to work or use wifi.

I flashed again,turned off GPS and installed deprimed till to now any reboot tomorrow I will install my app with TiBu with out all system.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Good news, I believe I have found the gps issue and have it fixed. I had previously thought I had working gps on my phone because my location came up correctly on maps, but it was only getting my location from recognizing nearby wifi spots. It is easy to test if you have gps truly working by running navigation which only relies on the gps signal. So that issue should now be fixed and resolved in this weeks release. I think this was what was causing some of the stability issues, so it should get more stable with this fixed.

Miui also has supposedly fixed some SMS issues with their Sholes rom. Hard to say exactly what it was with the googlese chinese translations. They actually released a 1.4.9 but I didn't want to risk combing translated english apps from 1.4.8 with updated 1.4.9 with all the instability issues we already have.

1.4.15 is looking to have a lot of improvements including a new camera and gallery ui and fix for the 24 clock on the lockscreen (finally) Hopefully it will be more stable. I don't believe I will incorporate prime's kernel in this weeks release or until it gets a little more stable. I don't want to add another unknown variable when trying to track down stability issues with what I am porting.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Magiman7 if you haven't figured out how to remove the T-cdma 64 from the notification pulldown, hit me up

20110415_015723.jpg