D1-Miui-1.5.6

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
D1-MIUI-1.5.6

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA according to the miui.cn developers.(and concured upon by MagiMan7) MIUI build based off of the 1.4.29 build from china(MIUI.CN)

This build was ported to the droid by MagiMan7 and translations to english were done by MIUI.US

*I am still not planning to take TP4BAMA's place, just helping out*

Follow him on twitter @tp4bama for real time updates!

Follow me on twitter @magiman7 for real time updates on what I am doing.

Have questions about the UI? hoppermi created a GREAT GUIDE read it, learn it!
whiskeycoke manages our THEME THREAD HERE at droid forums so a big thanks to him as well!

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
"MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama and/or Jamezelle" nor miui.cn developers are
 not liable in anyway, */

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Flashing zip files over the rom after flashing might cause reboots while downloading market apps, make a backup before flashing zips!
  • Apps dont automatically load, use miui backup app to load apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! also there is a problem across all build with problems attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts.
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Chinese in greeting note in Notes app
  • Hear camera focus once after every full boot
  • Theme Manager FC (see fix below)
  • SMS Error (see fix below)
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

CHANGELOG: STICKY THREAD IN THIS SECTION.

Local changes by ME:
  • Google apps removed for easier updating from market.
  • Car Home was added because it cannot be found on the market
  • Old 3D Gallery was added.
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 32mb
  • Compcache working from install
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Added Miui.us Dark theme (credit Джаггернаут)

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  6. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  7. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs
  8. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

DOWNLOAD
Be sure to NANDROID backup!

1.5.6 D1-MIUI-1.5.6
md5: 44874f88d929d1aa50852f0867743bbe

Themers: I have no idea what may have changed with the transition to gingerbread.

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

THEME MANAGER FIX
There have been some issues across all miui builds. Try applying the theme after unchecking 'other'. If that does not work, try removing excess garbage in your /sdcard/MIUI/theme folder. You may be able to just remove the preview images and it work fine. There have been different results with different builds. I only have 1 theme downloaded and did not have any issues.

SMS FIX
This is an issue across all Miui builds. The Chinese devs messed this up. There are rumors that a fix is coming from China, but I don't know for certain. It will be fixed next week doesn't help much. Here are 4 fixes that have been reported to work.

1. Cheap fix: Enter phone number manually for sending texts, make sure number has no spaces or '-'

2. Ugly fix: Change all of the numbers in your contact list to remove all spaces and '-'

3. No-fix Fix: Use another SMS app, handcent, chomp, etc

4. Circular Fix: Go to Contacts and then send SMS from contact list.

Last edited:

bustadroid

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for porting it
Edit: Stuck on the moto logo for the past 10 minutes, have tried a battery pull. :S
Edit2: Tried again, only difference is that I didn't wipe dalvik and it worked. No problems!

Last edited:

HardWired

Reaction score
Wow man you're knocking these out fast. Much appreciated! Gonna grab the sofa now as its just finishing d'ling.

Reaction score
Your amazing magiman!!! Seeing some people are having issues.....any others? Gonna test it out now

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROOIID

Reaction score
Did the first 3 people wipe and clear cache? Might wait for more feedback, I am not good with fruit loops

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Last edited:

puffmtd

Reaction score
Woohoo....apps all restored using Miui backup and everything is running smooth!

bsm471

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble with contacts... mine are there, sms just says no valid recipient.... going to try and reflash...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fox_dye

Reaction score
Got stuck on the boot logo. Going to try to flash again without wiping cache. got to wait till the restore is done though.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Booted up fine the second time. Looks good. I didn't wipe the second time and it loaded. The new boot animation looks slick. I deleted a bunch of apps from system as i only use it as a pmp now. So no need for contacts, mms, phone,etc.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to flash that deprimed kernel? I wanted it because it has something built into it that allowed me to kill apps, and it would not kill my fancy clock widget (keep the time correct)

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to flash that deprimed kernel? I wanted it because it has something built into it that allowed me to kill apps, and it would not kill my fancy clock widget (keep the time correct)

Haven't tried it yet. What does it have that lets you kill apps?

Lewis137

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been running the update for a few minutes now and everything is running smoothly. I used google to restore my contacts and MIUI Backup to restore everything else. Only problem im running into is, in SMS and the Dialer apps, contacts are showing up as the number only. When i look the contact up in contacts, its all there, number and all. Im not sure if anyone else is experiencing this; any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

EDIT: Now getting no valid recipient error when trying to send a text message.

Last edited: