D1-MIUI.us 1.5.27

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Magiman7 I am new to link2sd. I was wondering because I am coming from cm7, what is the best way to restore apps. Do I have to redownload one by one? Can I restore my sd-ext partition and somehow get by apps back that way. I have tried using miui backup and I get errors sometimes. I originally used Titanium Backup and it seemed to work much better.

Please let me know the best way to restore apps. BTW Link2sd takes a pretty long time to set back up after a reflash.

I don't use Link2SD, so I can't give any backup / restore recommendations. There is a thread (Apps to SD) in this section with people who have used it with Miui. You may be able to get some advice there. I will try to incorporate some CM 7 files that may make Links2SD integrate with my Miui builds better / easier in next weeks build.

chewy74

Reaction score
Any suggestions on Google voice with calls mag?

I will lock into memory and see if that fixes it and report back

Update: keep getting error when trying to lock into memory

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$su
# lockapp com.google.android.apps.googlevoice
Process com.google.android.apps.googlevoice is not running
Process com.google.android.apps.googlevoice cannot be locked into memory
#

Last edited:

DeadnotSleepin

Reaction score
When I flashed the rom I lost the android market app. Anyone know why? I have flashed back to an earlier version.
By the way, thanks for all the hard work you guys do

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
When I flashed the rom I lost the android market app. Anyone know why? I have flashed back to an earlier version.

You hVE TO FLASH THIS ALSO:

ERI-Mod 1.5.27: D1-Miui.us-1.5.27-eri-mod.zip

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

You shouldn't need the ERI Mod unless you were one of the first to download the rom when it was released. You can check the md5sum and make sure it matches the one listed in the OP.

Losing the market on the first flash sometimes happens and I am not sure why. Usually just rebooting your phone will have it return. If it doesn't try flashing again.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

$su
#

Chewy74, there error it is giving is that GV is not running. It can't lock an app in memory that isn't currently running. Try running GV and then switching to the terminal and running the command again.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flashing deprimed on the latest build breaks wifi. Will mess with it more later, but that's definitely disappointing. At least I have a strong enough 3g signal at the house for most functions.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lenster

Reaction score
Flashing deprimed on the latest build breaks wifi. Will mess with it more later, but that's definitely disappointing. At least I have a strong enough 3g signal at the house for most functions.

Same here. DePrimed worked fine on PE6.3 but not here. Went to Chevy's 1.0G LV and WiFi is fine. Not running Supercharger V6 either anymore on this ROM

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well my last statement seems to no longer be true. Still running deprimed and it no longer errors when trying to connect. All I did was reboot, from what I can tell..

DROOIID

Reaction score

$su
#

Gv calling works fine for me and I do not have it locked in. Don't forget you have to enable third party call support in the settings for it to call out.

Also I have not had any problems with my wifi after flashing deprimed kernel, even the ulv. Lucky I guess??

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
Ok, I feel dumb. I just checked and enabled the allow 3rd party call option and it works fine. Sorry for wasting your time mag.

Thanks for the FYI drooiid

$su
#

Gv calling works fine for me and I do not have it locked in. Don't forget you have to enable third party call support in the settings for it to call out.

Also I have not had any problems with my wifi after flashing deprimed kernel, even the ulv. Lucky I guess??

DROOIID

Reaction score
Ok, I feel dumb. I just checked and enabled the allow 3rd party call option and it works fine. Sorry for wasting your time mag.

Thanks for the FYI drooiid

$su
#

Ha glad it worked for you.

djrakun

Reaction score
because it wasnt mentioned i have to assume this is something specific to me. is anyone having data problems? my browser, gv, adfree, miui.us forum, etc only work on wifi with any consistency. my data is turned on, and it changes from 1x to 3g in the status bar so it must be updating as i walk around. i did notice that in the data settings i had 'use proxy' set by default for some reason, and turned it off but it did no good.

should i flash the radio? I would reprogram my phone but *228+ does not work, as mentioned in OP. is there an alternative way to reprogram or enhance roaming capabilities?

wallaby311

Reaction score
I am unable to get the phone to work. Everything else is working flawlessly and fast! When I try to make a call the phone process force closes. I did a full wipe before installing. I have also downloaded a fresh copy but get the same results. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I am very surprised that no one has brought up anything about the new super user app? First of all, i dont understand why it lists all apps that connect to the internet, the Chinese doesnt help. I dont expect a fix or anything, i was just bringing it up so the app gets translated next build.

Like everyone else has posted, this build is running so smoooth and havent had problems yet. Keep up the good work you two. dancedroid

Yes, I took notice of the different Superuser app. I too am surprised there’s no discussion about it. Titanium Back Up didn’t recognize that it had been given super user permission from it, even though Superuser listed it as having root permissions.

It seemed like it was an older version. There didn’t seem to be any settings for it, or I couldn’t find them. I got frustrated with it and extracted the version from the 1.5.20 zip and used Root Explorer to push it to /system/app. It works fine…the exclusive list of apps with roots permission shows, emoticons indicators, visible and configurable settings. Titanium recognizes it’s been given roots, as well as all the other roots rights apps.

Thanks Magiman and TP. This is a great build. It’s running beautifully. Only issue I had was slowed performance due to low memory, but once I moved aps2sd the snap is back and super-quick.