MIUI.us-1.6.3.0

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.3.0

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA

This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@tp4bama / @magiman7

If this is your first time trying Miui, read the Miui Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor Miui.cn developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Hot Boot reboot occasionally freezes
  • Miui Backup - backup dates have chinese between date numbers.
  • Miui Camera still buggy, replaced with the CyanogenMod Camera until fixed
  • The online button in Theme Manager has an orange image overlay issue (works fine, just looks odd)
  • All notifications (even single notifications) get rolled under the miui notification icon on the notification bar

POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: MIUI.us

Local changes by US:
  • Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb)
  • Re-implimented compcache to be more compatible with other kernels
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Multitasking and Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Old 3D Gallery was added
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube to data apps (can be easily uninstalled or updated)

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  7. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  8. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs
  9. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

Version 1.6.3.0:
md5: 6fa4b08899a66f335d2761e419aeff0f

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option

Themes available at MIUI.us

Themers: Excellent guide on creating Miui themes at MIUI.us

ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.6.3.0)
ERI-Mod 1.6.3: MIUI.us_sholes_1.6.3-eri-mod.zip
md5: c4980e32b0ba4f6385b856ef89b16084

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

Last edited:

HardWired

Reaction score
Sweet! Headed down to the pool. I'll have to find some shade so I can load this baby up.

Bretski169

Reaction score
NEtflix

Going to check and see if netflix works on this build.

texstar420

Reaction score
Just got the ROM MANAGER notification today can't wait to try it. MIUI has made me love my OGDroid again. Thanks for all of your hard work, devs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Bretski169

Reaction score
Netflix

I tested netflix, doesnt work, says "Netflix has been deactivated on this device." Hmmmm hopefully there will be a fix for this one week.

EDIT: Uninstalled and installed again, and now it seems to be working.

Last edited:

T-Rob

Reaction score
Okay..1.6.3 is running great, BUT...what is the icon in the top left that looks like a steering while that I can't get rid of? Plus, it's blocking all of my other notifications in the top left.

Thanks!

PARick

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with Titanium? Mine keeps saying I am not rooted or need busybox. I have both :)

Ozzie

Reaction score
...sounds like car home maybe...try clicking on it to open it and then close it.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Its not car home that is just a notification icon. The same as when you have a notification in the status bar when the lock screen is up. My guess is something got ported wrong maybe.

PARick

Reaction score
Its not car home that is just a notification icon. The same as when you have a notification in the status bar when the lock screen is up. My guess is something got ported wrong maybe.

Yep. Won't allow my temperature or big battery notifications to show. Just rolls them up as though it is in lockscreen.

atticus

Reaction score
so confession ..haven't tried MIUI in a long long time. Wanted to give it a go on my OG. It's deactivated, but still use it a lot through wifi. Anyway, downloaded, wiped Everything, installed, and no Android set up prompt. Which is why i'm assuming I have no Market either. This happened with the 5.27 one as well. I know miui is A Lot different than every other ROM out there, so it may just be that i'm not the brightest, and am missing an obvious step. Or is it that the phone needs an active carrier? Or something completely different. idk. someone enlighten me?

ludi

Reaction score
so confession ..haven't tried MIUI in a long long time. Wanted to give it a go on my OG. It's deactivated, but still use it a lot through wifi. Anyway, downloaded, wiped Everything, installed, and no Android set up prompt. Which is why i'm assuming I have no Market either. This happened with the 5.27 one as well. I know miui is A Lot different than every other ROM out there, so it may just be that i'm not the brightest, and am missing an obvious step. Or is it that the phone needs an active carrier? Or something completely different. idk. someone enlighten me?

I have had the issue with Market appearing to not be installed when cleanly flashing MIUI, a reboot will fix it... seems market and occasionally a few other system apps dont appear in launcher on first boot. After the reboot, you can get set up w/ Google by authing via market.

gl bro

atticus

Reaction score

I have had the issue with Market appearing to not be installed when cleanly flashing MIUI, a reboot will fix it... seems market and occasionally a few other system apps dont appear in launcher on first boot. After the reboot, you can get set up w/ Google by authing via market.

gl bro

ya know, I thought that too. Because I read that some apps may not appear, but a reboot should fix it ...so I thought, hmm, maybe the market was one of those "apps not appearing". so i rebooted .....and got stuck at the M ....then I got pissed and restored by backup lol.

But I really wanted to give this a fighting chance, so that's why I'm asking. Maybe i'll download it one more time and try once more.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ya know, I thought that too. Because I read that some apps may not appear, but a reboot should fix it ...so I thought, hmm, maybe the market was one of those "apps not appearing". so i rebooted .....and got stuck at the M ....then I got pissed and restored by backup lol.

But I really wanted to give this a fighting chance, so that's why I'm asking. Maybe i'll download it one more time and try once more.

Rebooting should fix the issue with market not showing up. If you get stuck on M on reboot, not sure why it happens, but to fix it, reboot into recovery, wipe cache and reboot.