MIUI.us-1.6.3.0

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't see the *228 warning. Where you have to do *228+. Does that still exist?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't see the *228 warning. Where you have to do *228+. Does that still exist?

I heard it was fixed and changed my forum post. However, on testing it myself, it is not fixed. It doesn't error, just doesn't show (or allow you to bring up) keypad to enter number 1 or 2 for programming

Card

Reaction score
Just updated to 1.6.3.0. So far, it seems to be playing nice with the ChevyNo1 1.25ghz mdV kernel. I have noticed a 20% drop in battery charge over like 30 mins, but my phone has always had issues like that, but plugging it in causes it to immediately "re-charge", which leads me to believe that it is a battery calibration issue.

Another weird thing, and this is something that has plagued my phone ever since I first installed CM5 (then CM6, Liquid, MIUI 1.4.x.x, and on through today), when I flash any kind of new ROM, update to a ROM, new kernel, or even just MIUI themes, the phone gets stuck in a bootloop. Once I pull the battery, turn it on again, it boots up once, then re-boots, then comes on fine. Worst case scenario, I have to pull the battery 3 or 4 times to get it to boot correctly. I have no idea what my phone would do if it was at stock clock speed, original ROM, and un-rooted. But that's ok, I'm really not too curious to find out.

Great job as always! I'll report on any new bugs I come across here in 1.6.3.0.

EDIT: In the 2.5 hours or so since posting this, things started going a little weird. I started getting a lot of FC's, and also found that it would not let me move apps to the SD card (it just kept telling me the SD card was full, even though it still showed about 6GB free). I'm not sure if 6.3 just doesn't like my phone, or if the kernel had something to do with it, or what. I'm gonna mess with it a little more, and if I can't get it to work out, I'll do a Nandroid restore on my previous (1.4.x) MIUI setup. Not knocking the work that's been done. It's still a solid ROM that's making great progress!

Last edited:
Reaction score

I heard it was fixed and changed my forum post. However, on testing it myself, it is not fixed. It doesn't error, just doesn't show (or allow you to bring up) keypad to enter number 1 or 2 for programming

It is fixed...cause it doesn't fc when dialing, but like u said no keypad comes up so you gotta impervise and hit the home button and open up the dialer an hit 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It is fixed...cause it doesn't fc when dialing, but like u said no keypad comes up so you gotta impervise and hit the home button and open up the dialer an hit 1

Or just do what was suggested before, dial *228+ and you get the dial from the start.

xeatsleephockey

Reaction score
I have a test build that may fix the m logo boot loops, but it hasn't been tested. I have had the m logo boot loop occur once, but it is not repeatable on my phone, so I can't verify if this build fixes it or not. I have given it out to a few, but none have reported back if it works or not. Since so many are having this issue, I will post it here.

It may be able to be installed on top of 1.6.3.0 (wipe cache though!), but again that hasn't been tested. If it doesn't work that way, please try it again wiping data and cache. This build installs fine on my droid, but that is the only one it has been tested on.

Miui.us-Sholes 1.6.3.1: http://bit.ly/kvKKtL
md5: 47361875408700e749241b73711a6e45

I have added QuickOffice from the OG Droid, but it is installed in /data/app so it can be easily uninstalled if you want. Other than that and the (fingers crossed) boot loop fix, this build is identical to 1.6.3.0 so all of the same known issues apply.

I kept having the M boot loop, i tried reinstalling 1.6.3.0 multiple times and everytime it restarted it would get stuck with the boot loop. so i tried this test build and it's worked fine so far, ive restarted a couple times and so far no boot loop, thanks

lilcdroid

Reaction score
Well im not new to MIUI, but i've been off for a while and haven't tried the gingerbread ROM yet. Any suggestions to a GB Kernel. This is my wife's phone since she doesn't have an upgrade for a while and trying to set it up for her. Thanks in advance.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Well im not new to MIUI, but i've been off for a while and haven't tried the gingerbread ROM yet. Any suggestions to a GB Kernel. This is my wife's phone since she doesn't have an upgrade for a while and trying to set it up for her. Thanks in advance.

Deprimed for all builds before 6.3. I heard that medium voltage kernels work the best on 6.3.

lilcdroid

Reaction score

Deprimed for all builds before 6.3. I heard that medium voltage kernels work the best on 6.3.

Thank you very much, works great.

zachdroid

Reaction score
My wifi out of the blue quit working. Any ideas?

zachdroid

Reaction score
^ reflashed a kernel and back to normal.