MIUI.us-1.6.3.0

chewy74

Reaction score
Thanks for looking into this bro.

Can I also make a request to bring back that equalizer graphics for the lockscreen music player

hey magiman7, my picture txt are still coming in and being saved as balc & white only. any suggestions why this is happening?

I do not know why that is happening. I don't receive many (or any really) txt w/ pics in them. I will try to test this and see what my phone does. I was planning to test this earlier and just got side tracked. I haven't heard any other reports of this happening ???

oh, one more question....is this builds camera.apk the same version as the one from 1.5.27? this verision freezes on me after every picture i take and locks up my whole phone.

I have been grabbing the camera from the latest CM7 nightly when I make the build, but I believe the build bot was still down when I released 1.6.3, so it was the same CM7 build 85 as 1.5.27. I haven't take many pics on my camera, but haven't had it freeze while taking one that I remember.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
compcache isn't starting/ started on boot. what's the proper command to get it started and stopped?

also. how do I control the super user "toasts" has the toggle for the su moved?

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

Oktavius

Reaction score
I can't get this version to reboot after the initial install. Stuck on the ol' M logo like the others. Tried three times now. Each reinstall also resulted in the "missing" apps (like Market and Camera). Even thought the apps are missing from the launcher they still operate. Camera works via the camera button and I can open Market via the Check for Updates feature in Titanium Backup which was brought back to life from Miui Backup.

Oktavius

Reaction score
So since I posted it seems that the ROM is now behaving. Did another full wipe and reinstalled the ROM. Booted up first time and then restarted into recovery. Wiped only the cache and then rebooted. All the missing apps now show and I have done three normal reboots without getting stuck on the M logo. Hmmm...

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a test build that may fix the m logo boot loops, but it hasn't been tested. I have had the m logo boot loop occur once, but it is not repeatable on my phone, so I can't verify if this build fixes it or not. I have given it out to a few, but none have reported back if it works or not. Since so many are having this issue, I will post it here.

It may be able to be installed on top of 1.6.3.0 (wipe cache though!), but again that hasn't been tested. If it doesn't work that way, please try it again wiping data and cache. This build installs fine on my droid, but that is the only one it has been tested on.

Miui.us-Sholes 1.6.3.1: http://bit.ly/kvKKtL
md5: 47361875408700e749241b73711a6e45

I have added QuickOffice from the OG Droid, but it is installed in /data/app so it can be easily uninstalled if you want. Other than that and the (fingers crossed) boot loop fix, this build is identical to 1.6.3.0 so all of the same known issues apply.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
compcache isn't starting/ started on boot. what's the proper command to get it started and stopped?

Anyone.....? Anyone......? Anyone....? .... bueller.....? bueller.....? bueller.....? <:p

illmatic636

Reaction score

Anyone.....? Anyone......? Anyone....? .... bueller.....? bueller.....? bueller.....? <:p

> su
# /system/bin/compcache start

hixie5

Reaction score
I have not had compcache started either on boot. So I ran the /system/bin/compcache start command and got the following message:

/system/bin/compcache: arithmetic expression: syntax error: " * 1024"

I am running stock kernel.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
I have not had compcache started either on boot. So I ran the /system/bin/compcache start command and got the following message:

/system/bin/compcache: arithmetic expression: syntax error: " * 1024"

I am running stock kernel.

Try
./compcache start 40000

Should give you 40mb

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I think I will give this one a go when I get off work.........I seem to randomly lose data on all the MIUI GB builds. Hope this one works. That is the only issue I run into with MIUI

hixie5

Reaction score
Thanks, juniorjwh, that worked.

Anybody have any ideas as to why it's not starting up automatically?

juniorjwh

Reaction score

I believe that their are some lines missing in the /system/build.prop file. But I'm not smart enough to know what and where to add it. I used to modify the swappiness part of that file. And too lazy to restore an old build to look @ that file sorry.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I believe that their are some lines missing in the /system/build.prop file. But I'm not smart enough to know what and where to add it. I used to modify the swappiness part of that file. And too lazy to restore an old build to look @ that file sorry.

It is not started in the build.prop. I changed how compache starts to match the system properties of CM7 to try to make this build more compatible with other kernels that work on CM7. I will do some more digging to see why it isn't starting on boot.

To enable compache at 40 mb (or the default 18% of system memory like in CM7), just run (from terminal) "handle_compache" (it shouldn't need any arguments) If it can't find the command, it is /system/bin/handle_compcache

If that command does not start compache, well then I know where the error is :)

juniorjwh

Reaction score

It is not started in the build.prop. I changed how compache starts to match the system properties of CM7 to try to make this build more compatible with other kernels that work on CM7. I will do some more digging to see why it isn't starting on boot.

To enable compache at 40 mb (or the default 18% of system memory like in CM7), just run (from terminal) "handle_compache" (it shouldn't need any arguments) If it can't find the command, it is /system/bin/handle_compcache

If that command does not start compache, well then I know where the error is :)

mkswap: lseek(1024): Invalid argument
swapon: /dev/block/zram0: Invalid argument

nurlip

Reaction score
I have a test build that may fix the m logo boot loops, but it hasn't been tested. I have had the m logo boot loop occur once, but it is not repeatable on my phone, so I can't verify if this build fixes it or not. I have given it out to a few, but none have reported back if it works or not. Since so many are having this issue, I will post it here.

It may be able to be installed on top of 1.6.3.0 (wipe cache though!), but again that hasn't been tested. If it doesn't work that way, please try it again wiping data and cache. This build installs fine on my droid, but that is the only one it has been tested on.

Miui.us-Sholes 1.6.3.1: http://bit.ly/kvKKtL
md5: 47361875408700e749241b73711a6e45

I have added QuickOffice from the OG Droid, but it is installed in /data/app so it can be easily uninstalled if you want. Other than that and the (fingers crossed) boot loop fix, this build is identical to 1.6.3.0 so all of the same known issues apply.

you rock Magiman! this worked for me. I did a full wipe/clean install and installed 1.6.3.1 directly. everything worked fine so i rebooted and installed the ERi mod and everything still works great. the only oddity i noticed is the 1.6.3.1 build doesn't seem to have Maps built in like 1.6.3.0 but all other things mentioned in the op seem correct.