MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.17.0

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.17.0

This build is MOSTLY STABLE BUT STILL BETA

This build was ported to the droid by TP4BAMA and MagiMan7, translations to english were done by MIUI.us

All of the MIUI.us build are now available on Rom Manager under MIUI.us which will allow automatic notification of future builds

Follow us on twitter for real time updates!
@tp4bama / @magiman7

If this is your first time trying MIUI, read the MIUI Manual (credit The Batman) to become familiar with the interface and many of the hidden options.

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
 "MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama" nor MIUI.us nor Miui.cn developers are liable 
 in anyway.*/

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Apps dont automatically load, use the Miui Backup app to backup /restore apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, switch back to the stock theme to verify the theme is not causing the issue.
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! There is a problem across all builds with attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Hear camera initialize once after every full boot
  • Autobrightness is slow to change (see fix below)
  • Miui Camera still buggy, replaced with the CyanogenMod Camera until fixed
  • Phone may become laggy after a few days w/o restarting due to compcache. (see fix below)

POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

MIUI CHANGELOG: MIUI.us

Local changes by US:
  • Completely new porting procedure, removed a TON (over 50) of unneeded Milestone files
  • Upgraded Motorola Proprietary files to FRG83G (Prevents VZW OTA update from downloading)
  • Stock kernel set to ondemand governor with min/max frequencies of 125/800
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 40mb
  • Compcache working from install (40mb)
  • Re-implimented compcache to be more compatible with other kernels
  • Changed SD Card buffer to 2048 for speed boost (credit brainmaster)
  • Adjusted multiple memomory configurations - Multitasking and Hard to Kill Launcher from V6 Supercharge script (credit zeppelinrox)
  • Added 4-way Power mod (Miui.us)
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added vim, nano, bash, terminal mods, fix permissions script (CyanogenMod 7)
  • Added Terminal Emulator from CyanogenMod 7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Added lockapp / unlockapp scripts to lock an app in memory (scripts by MagiMan7, idea from zeppelinrox)
  • Old 3D Gallery was added
  • Removed 3G Hotspot due to it not working
  • Removed ProTips due to it being useless
  • Added Rom Manager for future automatic updates (installed to /data for easier upgrades)
  • Added Google Apps: Car Home, GenieWidget to system apps (not available from the market)
  • Added Google Apps: Mail, Maps, Voice, Google Search, Youtube to data apps (can be easily uninstalled or updated)
  • Added Stock Motorola Droid QuickOffice in /data (can be easily uninstalled)
  • Added some build.prop tweaks (credit metalspring for collection from varioius)

INSTALLATION:
  1. Backup apps with MIUI backup if you are on a previous GB release (1.4.8 or later)
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. If apps do not show up after initial flash, rebooting should make them reappear
  6. Restore apps/data with Miui backup
  7. If you use Google to back up your contacts, restoring contacts with Miui Backup could result in duplicate entries
  8. Using Titanium Backup to backup and restore apps/data has reportedly caused FCs with certain apps
  9. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

Version 1.6.17.0
md5: 82d5e6a1b3bbb333fc006c976e8dd5d2

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option

Check out the new lockscreen styles. You can find a guide to changing the lockscreen style along with link to download the available styles at MIUI.us

Themes available at MIUI.us

If you notice lag after installing a theme, reboot into recovery and wipe cache. It should reduce lag and may help with stability issues

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes MIUI.us

ERI Mod - Removes all Verizon / Roaming / Network text in menu bar and pull down. (Flash on top of 1.6.10.1)
MIUI.us_sholes_1.6.17-eri-mod.zip
md5: b25644e0a4e2b80e83357f3b64ca1f61

REFRESH COMPCACHE FIX
From terminal, su to gain root access and run 'compcache restart' That will refresh your compcache and should give fresh boot snappiness.

AUTOBRIGHTNESS FIX
The screen may take 10-30 sec to change brightness level when moved from bright to dark environment. This can be sped up to around 5 sec by disabling the Light Sensor Filter. To do this go to Settings -> Display Settings -> Advanced Mode (Under Automatic brightness) -> Turn off Light Sensor Filter at the top.

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

Wolf_Droid

Reaction score
Sweet! Can't wait to flash this release. Thank you for all your hard work!

jev

Reaction score
Downloaded from the above link and the web connect link. I have no market on either downloads.

puffmtd

Reaction score
Downloaded from the above link and the web connect link. I have no market on either downloads.
Before you restore your apps, move the apps around that are on the phone. For some reason the market app likes to hide underneath one of the others.

jev

Reaction score
Before you restore your apps, move the apps around that are on the phone. For some reason the market app likes to hide underneath one of the others.

Well that's just weird. I just pulled the vending.apk from another release and installed it. Just informing....
Thanks

jpnestel

Reaction score
U can find the new lockscreen on the newest "redarkened " theme

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
awesome so far! Love the 5 way lockscreen.

I did something stupid.......when choosing a ringtone for my sms, I set my default to my music for my ringtones.......how do I undo that?

DROOIID

Reaction score
Okay will someone help me out customizing the 5-target wheel unlock screen? I want to change the shortcut for the web browser to miren, make the text messaging shortcut take you to google voice, and lastly make sure the camera shortcut takes you to the camera. I would greatly appreciate it, I tried modding the mtz file but have no idea what i am doing.

cowsquad

Reaction score

I did something stupid.......when choosing a ringtone for my sms, I set my default to my music for my ringtones.......how do I undo that?

I don't know how to set that back to defaul, but if you go to settings - sound settings - notification/ringtone then while you in your music ringtones or whatever, hit the menu key (the one with 4 horizontal lines lol) :) you will see an option with ur ringtones.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score

I don't know how to set that back to defaul, but if you go to settings - sound settings - notification/ringtone then while you in your music ringtones or whatever, hit the menu key (the one with 4 horizontal lines lol) :) you will see an option with ur ringtones.

I see that (thanks, I was able to find the menu button hahaha ) and when I try that with my sms ringtones it only lets me sort by album /artist. I'll just use default and change all my other notifications