D1-Miui-1.5.20

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Having issues with maps loading slowly, freezing or hot booting. I've tried both builds .us & android.wiped several times b4 and re- downloading. All vanilla @first then I tweak out with other kernels and the vm heap size. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

Jarllax

Reaction score
I didn't see anything about this previously so...is anyone else having problems with the market not downloading apps?

In previous builds I had to go to the Downloads app and enable wifi downloading then re-enable over 3g connection to allow the Market to download over 3g
I've tried that and it still says error downloading. I am able to do other things over 3g so I know my 3g is working, just not the android Market.

Also, my wifi still isn't working and hasn't been working for like the last 5-6 builds back into Froyo even. I've tried deprimed kernel and that didn't fix it either. Is it possible that my wifi antenna or something internally no longer works and therefor wifi will never work for me? Or is there some fix for this that I don't know about?

Thanks for the help.

soccer568

Reaction score
Just loaded the rom up and so far its been smooth with no problems? Anyone know of some kernels that run well with this build?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I have been running the stock kernel with the V6 Script and things have been nice. Last night I flashed one of the new ChevyNo1 Kernels and holy cow my phone is fast and flawless... however I just noticed I get an error every time when trying to turn on wifi. Any ideas?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I used what was mentioned in the other thread... used 8, rebooted, then 12, then rebooted cause I figured I might had to. I feel like its running pretty good now. I am still on stock kernel and might switch that up to see what happens...

The defaulting runs with the memory settings from 8 and 11, so the only difference with those settings is setting the priority of the home launcher up 1 level higher. I am curious how that has affected the speed of this on your phone.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't see anything about this previously so...is anyone else having problems with the market not downloading apps?

In previous builds I had to go to the Downloads app and enable wifi downloading then re-enable over 3g connection to allow the Market to download over 3g
I've tried that and it still says error downloading. I am able to do other things over 3g so I know my 3g is working, just not the android Market.

Also, my wifi still isn't working and hasn't been working for like the last 5-6 builds back into Froyo even. I've tried deprimed kernel and that didn't fix it either. Is it possible that my wifi antenna or something internally no longer works and therefor wifi will never work for me? Or is there some fix for this that I don't know about?

Thanks for the help.

The issues with downloading 3g / wifi has been fixed on my phone several builds ago. I haven't heard a lot of reports with that issue. You are doing a fresh install and restoring any system data from froyo correct?

As far as the wifi issue, have you tried flashing another rom and seeing if wifi works? CM7, SS 5.2, GPA15 ? I would do that to verify wifi works properly. Then try flashing a fresh install of Miui.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used what was mentioned in the other thread... used 8, rebooted, then 12, then rebooted cause I figured I might had to. I feel like its running pretty good now. I am still on stock kernel and might switch that up to see what happens...

The defaulting runs with the memory settings from 8 and 11, so the only difference with those settings is setting the priority of the home launcher up 1 level higher. I am curious how that has affected the speed of this on your phone.

Ohhhh interesting... So your saying that this version of MIUI has the changed numbers already set up in it, huh? Maybe it was just a mental difference then. Sugar pill? So this V6 Script is not needed on this and future versions then? Just older verisons?

Still the ChevyNo1 Kernel i tossed on is a HUGE speed change for me. But wifi won't turn on odd...

Jarllax

Reaction score

Thanks for the help.

The issues with downloading 3g / wifi has been fixed on my phone several builds ago. I haven't heard a lot of reports with that issue. You are doing a fresh install and restoring any system data from froyo correct?

As far as the wifi issue, have you tried flashing another rom and seeing if wifi works? CM7, SS 5.2, GPA15 ? I would do that to verify wifi works properly. Then try flashing a fresh install of Miui.

The market was fixed for me several builds ago as well. Now suddenly it doesn't work again. I did a fresh install like I always do, wiping everything. I restored data from last weeks build, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I guess I'll try another rom to test the wifi like you said.

jc265

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to make google search default instead of global search?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to make google search default instead of global search?

Tell magiman7 or tp4bama to add it as a system app in the stock build

qkpony

Reaction score
What is there lock app supposed to do exactly? I have locked there xm app into memory and every time I even do anything it still kills the app.

hawkfrost89

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the smoothest I've had yet. I'm running the deprimed kernel with V6 Script. Battery is outstanding thus far and it's running cool and very snappy.

Thanks TPBama and Magiman!!

dancedroid