D1-Miui-1.5.20

illmatic636

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the smoothest I've had yet. I'm running the deprimed kernel with V6 Script. Battery is outstanding thus far and it's running cool and very snappy.

Thanks TPBama and Magiman!!

dancedroid

Does your wifi tether app work?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What is there lock app supposed to do exactly? I have locked there xm app into memory and every time I even do anything it still kills the app.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

the script should set the app process priority such that the android memory manager will kill every other process before it kills the one you locked in memory.

Few questions to help me debug what is going on:
Do you know how much memory the xm app takes up?
Did you get any errors when you run the lockapp script?
Are you running a different kernel?
Have you run the V6 script and changed any memory settings?

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but this is the smoothest I've had yet. I'm running the deprimed kernel with V6 Script. Battery is outstanding thus far and it's running cool and very snappy.

Thanks TPBama and Magiman!!

dancedroid

What settings did you select with the V6 script?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone not able to record video. Sometimes I cant even take a photo... the app just lags. Sometimes I can reboot and the video is there but not other times. I dono mang...

chewy74

Reaction score
I'm having a WiFi issue. So far the two kernels I've flashed (chevy & deprived) have broken WiFi. The only time WiFi works is if I used the package kernel that came in the ROM.

I'm going to try a couple of more kernels to see if I can find one that won't break my WiFi, but in the meantime... anyone elastic having this problem?

Any input magi or thoughts?

Yes I wiped before flashing and did not restore any system data

Last edited:

trumpet444

Reaction score
Bug:
Every time I change the theme from default, the settings app force closes. I've wiped and re-flashed about 9 times now and the same problem pops up. Stock theme is cool but I'd like to be able to change it and keep functionality. I do realize that this release is "mostly stable" though. Has anyone else run into this problem?

P.S. - I have also tried to reboot after each theme change as well to see if that would help. It doesnt

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looking at Deprimed and Chevy's kernels, both include wifi files. I am thinking it may have been the update to FRG83G that may have done it. I know that winner00 had some issues combining Deprimed kernel in his build because of wifi issues, but flashing it afterwards seem to be ok.

You could try copying the /system/etc/wifi directory from the rom back after flashing a new kernel.

As far as compcache on Chevy's kernel, it looks like he is using the old ramzswamp module instead of the zram one on newer CM 7 builds. You could try copying the zram.ko from miui and adding it back after flashing his kernel. (located in /system/lib/modules) I don't know if his kernel will work with a module built for a different kernel (doubtful actually), but I don't know of another option until he builds the new zram module with his kernel.

qkpony

Reaction score
What is there lock app supposed to do exactly? I have locked there xm app into memory and every time I even do anything it still kills the app.

the script should set the app process priority such that the android memory manager will kill every other process before it kills the one you locked in memory.

Few questions to help me debug what is going on:
Do you know how much memory the xm app takes up?
Did you get any errors when you run the lockapp script?
Are you running a different kernel?
Have you run the V6 script and changed any memory settings?

it says 7.5 Meg all the other answers ar no. Stock Judy the way you uploaded it. Thanks

jbobbitt

Reaction score
I'm having a WiFi issue. So far the two kernels I've flashed (chevy & deprived) have broken WiFi. The only time WiFi works is if I used the package kernel that came in the ROM.

I'm going to try a couple of more kernels to see if I can find one that won't break my WiFi, but in the meantime... anyone elastic having this problem?

Any input magi or thoughts?

Yes I wiped before flashing and did not restore any system data

I had some issues (wireless tether would not start properly) with wifi and did a fix permissions with Rom Manager and it resolved them.
I'm using Chevys latest 5/26 kernel.

chewy74

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...

I just tried copying over the /system/ect/wifi directory from a fresh copy of the rom after flashing the kernel and still getting the same error.

Looking at Deprimed and Chevy's kernels, both include wifi files. I am thinking it may have been the update to FRG83G that may have done it. I know that winner00 had some issues combining Deprimed kernel in his build because of wifi issues, but flashing it afterwards seem to be ok.

You could try copying the /system/etc/wifi directory from the rom back after flashing a new kernel.

As far as compcache on Chevy's kernel, it looks like he is using the old ramzswamp module instead of the zram one on newer CM 7 builds. You could try copying the zram.ko from miui and adding it back after flashing his kernel. (located in /system/lib/modules) I don't know if his kernel will work with a module built for a different kernel (doubtful actually), but I don't know of another option until he builds the new zram module with his kernel.

dja1980

Reaction score
How do you silence the dial pad when using it to make outgoing calls? I figured it would be under Call Settings, but I couldn't find it... also couldn't find it in the Miui Manual.

Edit: Thought of Sound Settings at the last second... found it!

Last edited:

Aeze

Reaction score
Hmmm... I just tried to install this and now my phone is stuck at the M logo.

I used rom manager to install from zip, wiped data/cache & dalvik cache, and let it do it's thing. It took a while to install but did so successfully, but now I can't get past the M logo. Any ideas?

/edit: Just booted into clockwork, reinstalled the rom and rebooted - worked this time. I'm really not sure why that happened the first time though.

Last edited:

DROOIID

Reaction score

I used rom manager to install from zip, wiped data/cache & dalvik cache, and let it do it's thing. It took a while to install but did so successfully, but now I can't get past the M logo. Any ideas?

/edit: Just booted into clockwork, reinstalled the rom and rebooted - worked this time. I'm really not sure why that happened the first time though.

I try to stay away from rom manager for flashing roms. I have seen a few people have problems with it. I just flash the update from recovery.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

juniorjwh

Reaction score

Fyi, Chevy updated his kernels yesterday. Running the 1.25 now,fast and no wifi issues.

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

Aeze

Reaction score

I try to stay away from rom manager for flashing roms. I have seen a few people have problems with it. I just flash the update from recovery.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Will do, thanks.