D1-Miui-1.5.6

Reaction score
16TH!!!!!!!!!!!!....................LOL Thanks once again guys, grabbing the Sofa!

Update- Theme Manager constant force close ran fix permissions tried re-flashing nothing seems to fix it!

Last edited:

phomastaine

Reaction score
EDIT: Now getting no valid recipient error when trying to send a text message.

i'm also getting the same error message when sending a text message...:(

EDIT: i also have to clarify that this error is only when starting a new thread...not when replying to messages...

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
Did a nandroid backup wipe cache wipe dalvik cash I did not do a complete reset. So far it is working great
Messaging works music works.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROOIID

Reaction score
Yup same contact problem but in Google voice. For it to work I have to go to phone book and send SMS from there. little bit of a pain.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

DROOIID

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to flash that deprimed kernel? I wanted it because it has something built into it that allowed me to kill apps, and it would not kill my fancy clock widget (keep the time correct)

Haven't tried it yet. What does it have that lets you kill apps?

Nothing to kill the apps, I do that with miui app killer (holding down home button). But when I do it with out the deprimed kernel flashed my fancy clock widget process gets killed too.

bsm471

Reaction score
The 1.5.6 update will not read phone numbers with dashes in them... if you edit your contacts in your gmail account it will update to your phone and contacts will show up... just remove all "-" in the numbers. This is happening on most phones with 1.5.6

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

frostthejack

Reaction score
Thanks for whoever posted that when starting a new thread to send a message to some one it doesn't work but if you go into contacts select the contact then select to text them it works.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Boot Loops: I don't know about the boot loops. I have not had that occur on any of my test builds of this version.

Theme Manager: There have been some issues across all miui builds. Try applying the theme after unchecking 'other'. If that does not work, try removing excess garbage in your /sdcard/MIUI/theme folder. You may be able to just remove the preview images and it work fine. There have been different results with different builds. I only have 1 theme downloaded and did not have any issues.

SMS: this is an issue across all Miui builds. The Chinese devs messed this up. There are rumors that a fix is coming from China, but I don't know for certain. It will be fixed next week doesn't help much. Here are 3 fixes that have been reported to work on other builds.

1. Cheap fix: Enter phone number manually for sending texts, make sure number has no spaces or '-'

2. Ugly fix: Change all of the numbers in your contact list to remove all spaces and '-'

3. No-fix Fix: Use another mms app, handcent, chomp, etc

DROOIID

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I appreciate your work. Fingers crossed for the fix.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Another way for txt is to find the person in your contacts and click on them then click SMS.

ludi

Reaction score
Another fix is installing the "Contacts Clean-up" app from the market. Batch formats your contact phone numbers.

Contacts Clean-up | AppBrain Android Market

I would suggest logging into gmail, and backing up or exporting your contacts first, precautionary measures.

No issues here though.

cowsquad

Reaction score
miui.us and miuiandroid

what is the difference between miui.us and miuiandroid. I see a droid 1 miui 1.5.6 release at miuiandroid.com by treyM and This 1.5.6 by Magiman7. Are those roms exactly the same or whats going on. Im confused

bustadroid

Reaction score
Cannot make or receive calls. Well I technically can but there is no audio. Have changed all my contacts and tried raising the in call volume. I don't even get a dial tone.

ninoedgar

Reaction score
what is the difference between miui.us and miuiandroid. I see a droid 1 miui 1.5.6 release at miuiandroid.com by treyM and This 1.5.6 by Magiman7. Are those roms exactly the same or whats going on. Im confused

well the only difference i see its that the miuiandroid version doesnt have the sending message bug... i have it on and not one problem at all...

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well the only difference i see its that the miuiandroid version doesnt have the sending message bug... i have it on and not one problem at all...

Really?? I may have to look at it then. I haven't installed the miuiandroid build, but I helped TreyM get started with porting it. He actually used a few of my files from previous builds as a base. The main difference is that he used the miuiandroid english packs and I used the miui.us english packs. (If you do a diff between his zip and mine you will see very few files are different besides those)

AFAIK, miuiandroid did not solve any of the bugs mentioned in my OP because they are all issues from the china source that neither miuiandroid nor miui.us have access too. The OP in the miuiandroid forum mentions all the same bugs that I mention in this thread, and people in the miuiandroid forums are reporting the same issues on his build there.

You can use whichever port you want to, but I would ask that you create another thread for the miuiandroid port if you want to post bug, just so that any issues in the the different english packs don't confuse people with posting bug reports.