D1-MIUI-1.4.8 (Gingerbread)

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
D1-MIUI-1.4.8b - Gingerbread

This build is DEFINITELY BETA according to magiman7 and the miui.cn developers. MIUI build based off of the 1.4.8 build from china(MIUI.CN)

This is what everyone here was waiting for, Gingerbread (2.3.3) Miui for the Droid. This build is based off of CM7 (nightly 38)

This build has been updated from the previous build with newer CM7 nightly 38 and newer translations 1.4.8c.

I believe this release is more stable than the previous one. (I know that is not necessarily saying much). I have not had as many launcher fc or soft reboots. The launcher does not appear to get laggy as often. I have not tested this extensively, so your results may vary.

This build was ported to the droid by MagiMan7 and Jamezelle (Jamezelle did the hard work, I just followed directions) and translations to english were done by MarkHUK from MIUI Developers - Welcome to MIUI Developers

*I am not planning to take TP4BAMA's place, just helping out so he can focus on studying*

Follow him on twitter @tp4bama for real time updates!

Follow me on twitter @magiman7 for real time something

Have questions about the UI? hoppermi created a GREAT GUIDE read it, learn it!
whiskeycoke manages our THEME THREAD HERE at droid forums so a big thanks to him as well!

Code:
#include <std-disclaimer>

/*Anything you do to your phone is solely your responsibilty, you choose
 to modify your phone. This rom has been marked BETA by the developer,
 however should anything happen to your phone neither of the developers
"MagiMan7 and/or Tp4bama and/or Jamezelle" nor miui.cn developers are
 not liable in anyway, */

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Flashing zip files over the rom after flashing might cause reboots while downloading market apps, make a backup before flashing zips!
  • Apps dont automatically load, use miui backup app to load apps
  • If you have having launcher force closes, try another theme or switch to the stock theme.
  • Yahoo Mail isnt working with stock Email app. See the fix posted by loveubuntu
  • MMS Videos playback as slide show,. (Chinese devs know about this!! also there is a problem across all build with problems attaching vids to mms) If you NEED video mms, DON'T USE THIS ROM. If you don't NEED video mms than DON'T COMPLAIN
  • Instead of *228 call *228+ (hold 0 for + sign)
  • Facebook will sync ALL contacts.
  • Notification pull down has an overlay drawing issue on notification bar
  • Notification pull down does not show the apps tab.
POST BUGS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

CHANGELOG: STICKY THREAD IN THIS SECTION.

Local changes by ME:
  • Added old Gallery3D just incase some of you wanted it
  • Google apps removed for easier updating from market.
  • Car Home was added because it cannot be found on the market
  • Added all ringetones from CM7
  • Added sysrw and sysro scripts to remount system partition with write or read only access
  • Changed the default VM Heap to 32mb

INSTALLATION:
  1. I have had mixed results with app restores from Miui below 1.4.8
  2. NANDROID BACKUP!
  3. Wipe Data/factory reset
  4. Flash this rom
  5. Restore anything from Froyo Miui at your own risk
  6. [DO NOT TRY TO RESTORE SYSTEM DATA FROM ANY ROM INCLUDING MIUI BELOW 1.4.8!!!!!!! or you will get force closes...] You have been warned.

DOWNLOAD
Be sure to NANDROID backup!

Updated 1.4.8b D1-MIUI-1.4.8b

Original 1.4.8 D1-MIUI-1.4.8

Themers: I have no idea what may have changed. A lot of things have moved to 3rd Edition UI.

Last edited:

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sweet! Going to give this a try!

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Wish I can give it a try but unfortunately I do not have the OG Droid anymore... Wish you guys can port it for D2G or even for Droid2...
Any plans to port it for use in D2G?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish I can give it a try but unfortunately I do not have the OG Droid anymore... Wish you guys can port it for D2G or even for Droid2...
Any plans to port it for use in D2G?

That would be a challenging port for even the best. No stable aosp on the d2g (let alone the d2 or dx), and the D2G doesn't have gingerbread. Would be a lot of hack work and probably a lot of broken parts too :p

That's if they could even get it to boot.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
(Drools) Augh i just put cyanogen 6.1.2 on but its soooo shinny and tempting I shall go with it!

nick12

Reaction score
Argh, why can't my phone download faster?? I need to try this...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

x25064

Reaction score
Why is the MMS and Facebook sync STILL broken? I have no interest in this rom anymore until these issues are corrected, cmon guys its been like 4 versions now.

Sent from my D1 running Project Elite 5.02

fused2explode

Reaction score
Getting a lot of FCs from launcher and random hot reboots.

Sending logcat to [email protected]

F2E

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fuse, did you wipe data/cache? Did you try to restore apps / data from miui backup?

Restored nothing & wiped data / cache / system / boot 3x as I do with every rom install. I've done a little rom dev myself. Gonna start tweaking. What's the stock kernel & can I try a cm7 replacement?

F2E

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Restored nothing & wiped data / cache / system / boot 3x as I do with every rom install. I've done a little rom dev myself. Gonna start tweaking. What's the stock kernel & can I try a cm7 replacement?

F2E

I was able to use prime's deprimed kernel for a little while. But I have gotten some soft reboots, so I switched back to stock to see if that was it. I don't think this is going to be solid, stable version for the droid. Hopefully it will get better each release.