D1-miui-1.4.15 (Gingerbread)

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My two cents:

I miss the option to have the list style menus,
There are two on/off options in display for animations, but neither seems to do anything.
Privacy mode is awesome, except it is a bit wonky.
WHY doesn't gmail/facebook merge contacts anymore?!
GREAT ROM just too many FCs for me now.

How is this being ported to the D1? I would love to assist with this project and work out some kinks with you guys.

Msg me! :) dancedroid

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I totally agree about the old list style menus, I felt that was another way MIUI stood apart from other roms.

If anything should be hacked into this rom, I would like to see an option to lock 2 or 3 apps into memory like in !! Or 03 (maybe ask some of those devs to help figure it out) because the only reason I stay away from ginger MIUI is because my music apps get killed waaaayyyy to easily. I need my music man.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I totally agree about the old list style menus, I felt that was another way MIUI stood apart from other roms.

If anything should be hacked into this rom, I would like to see an option to lock 2 or 3 apps into memory like in !! Or 03 (maybe ask some of those devs to help figure it out) because the only reason I stay away from ginger MIUI is because my music apps get killed waaaayyyy to easily. I need my music man.

You can change the priority of a process very easily.

This can be put into gscript lite and the script can be ran when you boot after opening music.

Code:
pid=$(pidof com.android.music)

Renice -6 $pid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
jeffv2 - Yea I am using PowerAMP and Subsonic for my media. Thanks for offering but I know nothing of code or anything like that. Haha. My downfall.

zmaster

Reaction score
You may want to try re-downloading the zip and wiping data/cache and re flashing. I have flashed many builds of 1.4.15 and none have given me continuous or repeated FCs. If you can pull a logcat of your phone w/ the FC there could be clues as to what is going on.
I do too have constant FC, flashed latest 1c rev ROM. re-downloading ROM zip file right now, and will re-flash. i used rom manager first time, should i do differently?

thanks.

I re-flashed ROM manually as update.zip. No FC. But then restored my all app with MIUI Backup, here it came back, FC every minute no matter what i do. I re-flashed again, no app restore - no FC.
Then, another problem with Market, does not work downloading purchased app using 3G, switched to WI-FI works but slow, very slow, reception probable not great. Still wanted to see if i can restore some games. It did work, no FC. Apps like SetCPU, Adobe Flash player gets me FC right away. Reinstall Market appk - same story with 3G freezing on "starting download".
Other then Market issue - no problems with ROM. The only one thing that it is not as snapy as previous ROM, the last one MIUI ROM before GB.
two questions:
is there customer kernels that run with this ROM;
is there any suggestion on Market issue i am having.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

If you're able, try restoring (apps only, no system data) using titanium backup. And there is a fix for DLing market apps in the first thread I believe.[/QUOTE]
I read that 'download fix' and tried it, it did not work. For some reason, today i have no problem loading from the Market with 3G.
As far as restoring app, i was only restoring games or app from MIUI backup app, no system data was touched. Some apps worked some don't causing FC, i was restoring one by one, so i right away was removing the once that caused FC.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Had to try the new build (1.4.15) , nice , but had a few problems and will wait for more stable build to try again .
Looks good though . dancedroid

What problems? Let us know in case we have not come across them please.
None that have not been addressed in the thread so far .
Had I experienced anything out of the common errors I would have stated as such .
Again great work , MIUI as always a fantastic ROM .

Last edited:

nick12

Reaction score
Any chance we can get the news&weather app and the stock camera put into the release? I can never find a working version of the news&weather app online, and when I do it's usually an old version.

And as far as the camera goes, I love how much faster the miui camera is with opening and showing the pic after it's taken and stuff like that... BUT, I can't stand the fact that they took out the ability to be in "infinity" focus mode, so it isn't always trying to auto focus. The way it is now, you basically can't take a picture of anything that is moving because it either takes too long to focus and the thing is already out of the shot, or it tries to focus but can't so it just doesn't let you take a picture at all. That part I don't get... at least let me take a blurry shot, but it should never refuse to take a picture.

Other than that, I've been totally happy with this version of MIUI. Not even sure I want to risk updating when the next one comes out...

zmaster

Reaction score
Any chance we can get the news&weather app and the stock camera put into the release? I can never find a working version of the news&weather app online, and when I do it's usually an old version.

I do have Google new&weather app (the geniewidget.apk) wich i like very much, on my sdcard. but i cannot install it. it may not be compatible with GB. it worked only two days ago on my last froyo MIUI ROM.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
jeffv2 - Yea I am using PowerAMP and Subsonic for my media. Thanks for offering but I know nothing of code or anything like that. Haha. My downfall.

You could simply find the process name of the app you use and replace it in the variable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireproof34

Reaction score
Ok never posted before but I have been a "creeper" for a little bit. I love miui the most of any rom I have tryed tons. You guys rock so I feel good that I will get an answer to my problem.

My data,wi fi and signal bars go white, when this happens I don't seem tol get calls,texts,email. If I gvo into email it will then push it to the phone. I have herd that this is a problem in gb but I thought some one fixed it in miui? Can you please help I wanna us miui so bad but can't if I miss calls texts and email. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

g_what

Reaction score
Ok never posted before but I have been a "creeper" for a little bit. I love miui the most of any rom I have tryed tons. You guys rock so I feel good that I will get an answer to my problem.

My data,wi fi and signal bars go white, when this happens I don't seem tol get calls,texts,email. If I gvo into email it will then push it to the phone. I have herd that this is a problem in gb but I thought some one fixed it in miui? Can you please help I wanna us miui so bad but can't if I miss calls texts and email. Thanks

Do you have 1.4.15c1 running? The problem you described was common in 1.4.15.

I actually suggest waiting for tomorrow because a new version should be coming out.

Fireproof34

Reaction score
Ok so im 99% sure i Dl'ed c.1 but there is a chance i didn't. any way to tell on my phone. its just saying miuidev-1.4.15

g_what

Reaction score
What will the new version be name 1.4.15d?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
New versions are named by the day they are released. So if it is released tomorrow it will probably be 1.4.22. That's assuming a new version. If it is a modification to the current one then it will probably be something like 1.4.15d.