Zen Miui V2 for Droid1 without wiping

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might want to move fix #6 to the top as it combines fixes 1,2,3 and 5 into one single fix. Those are no longer really necessary.

Trikotret's on top of it, doing a good job keeping the op updated...and thanks for these fixes too! I see you two made it into the credits on the orginal thread, well deserved!

Loco,
Did you do a complete wipe prior to installing SS when you moved off BB?

publicanimal

Reaction score
You might want to move fix #6 to the top as it combines fixes 1,2,3 and 5 into one single fix. Those are no longer really necessary.

Trikotret's on top of it, doing a good job keeping the op updated...and thanks for these fixes too! I see you two made it into the credits on the orginal thread, well deserved!

Loco,
Did you do a complete wipe prior to installing SS when you moved off BB?

It was really easy to create that fix, I used the "cheater's method". I just used one of the other .zips as a template, opened it in 7-zip without extracting, and dragged all the files from the other zips into the appropriate location.

No real skill involved, but with all the scattered fixes it was much needed, so I'm glad to accept credit :)

EvilDobe

Reaction score
Outstanding Issues (Not addressed by this .zip):
- Force close when dialing *228
- Force close in Settings menu when tapping on SD Card & Phone Storage settings
- Not all apps will restore in Market upon install (EASILY ADDRESSED BY MAKING SURE ALL APPS ARE INSTALLED BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM)
I made a backup of the Settings.apk file in the ROM and replaced it with the one from LFY1.6 (the only zip I had handy) and I was able to open the "SD Card & Phone Storage" settings with no FC. Not sure if that means anything but I stopped the error from happening for myself.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Outstanding Issues (Not addressed by this .zip):
- Force close when dialing *228
- Force close in Settings menu when tapping on SD Card & Phone Storage settings
- Not all apps will restore in Market upon install (EASILY ADDRESSED BY MAKING SURE ALL APPS ARE INSTALLED BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM)
I made a backup of the Settings.apk file in the ROM and replaced it with the one from LFY1.6 (the only zip I had handy) and I was able to open the "SD Card & Phone Storage" settings with no FC. Not sure if that means anything but I stopped the error from happening for myself.

That could be huge... but it might mess with some of the Miui settings options.

Do you still have a battery section in the sections menu? When you go into sound settings do you have options to change trackball notification color?

EvilDobe

Reaction score

Do you still have a battery section in the sections menu? When you go into sound settings do you have options to change trackball notification color?
Those options are not present but I'm not 100% sure they were present in LFY. Also I just swapped out the Phone.apk from CM6 and now the *228 works. The Settings.apk from CM6 didn't work (at least not for me) & strangely enough the Phone.apk from LFY didn't work either.

Last edited:

publicanimal

Reaction score

Those options are not present but I'm not 100% sure they were present in LFY. Also I just swapped out the Phone.apk from CM6 and now the *228 works.

:( I was hoping the Miui options would still be present in settings

and as far as swapping the Phone.apk goes, I'm guessing you don't still have the Miui dialer anymore?

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

Those options are not present but I'm not 100% sure they were present in LFY. Also I just swapped out the Phone.apk from CM6 and now the *228 works. The Settings.apk from CM6 didn't work (at least not for me) & strangely enough the Phone.apk from LFY didn't work either.

the *228 fix you say is because your not running the miui phone.apk or the settings.apk...defeats the purpose of running the muiu roms,imo

EvilDobe

Reaction score
:( I was hoping the Miui options would still be present in settings

and as far as swapping the Phone.apk goes, I'm guessing you don't still have the Miui dialer anymore?

I think it's the same dialer. Looks the same... :blink::blink::blink:

I'm taking care of my sick kid & doing this in between so I'm not paying all that close attention to aesthetics. I'm a horrible tester... I'm sorry.

publicanimal

Reaction score

the *228 fix you say is because your not running the miui phone.apk or the settings.apk...defeats the purpose of running the muiu roms,imo

+1 totally agree

Miui dialer should look like this
miui13.jpg

EvilDobe

Reaction score

Running a ROM that looks like an iPhone defeats the purpose of owning a Droid. Same difference. Until someone comes up with a better fix (and I'm sure someone will soon) it's a way to make your phone work. I figured I'd toss the idea out there.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

+1 totally agree

Miui dialer should look like this
miui13.jpg

but that leads me to beleive that if replaceing the phone.apk out of the miui rom really does fix the fcs on *228 then the issue is withing the phone.apk

EvilDobe

Reaction score
but that leads me to beleive that if replaceing the phone.apk out of the miui rom really does fix the fcs on *228 then the issue is withing the phone.apk
Perhaps the Chinese don't use *228 so the functionality isn't included in the .apk?

publicanimal

Reaction score

Running a ROM that looks like an iPhone defeats the purpose of owning a Droid. Same difference. Until someone comes up with a better fix (and I'm sure someone will soon) it's a way to make your phone work. I figured I'd toss the idea out there.

No no, you're contributions are helpful. I just don't want to mess with the internal settings of the ROM and I like the Miui dialer. and as sneakey_zekey said your observation that switching the dialer fixes the *228 issue sheds some light on the root of the problem.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Perhaps the Chinese don't use *228 so the functionality isn't included in the .apk?

Im thinking that *228 has to do with the carrier itself. Maybe thats why the verizon apps dont show up in market. Unless someone found a fix for the verizon apps to show in market

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

Im thinking that *228 has to do with the carrier itself. Maybe thats why the verizon apps dont show up in market. Unless someone found a fix for the verizon apps to show in market

well im going to decompile the muiu phone.apk and the phone.apk from a different rom and compare the difference