Zen Miui V2 for Droid1 without wiping

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
me to,it just drives me nuts when something doesnt work,has anyone tried pushiing the market stuff from cm 6.0 to the muiu rom

What market stuff?

not seeing verizon apps, maybe we need to try pushing those apks from other roms,like the phone.apk and settings.apk fixes

Oh, yeah I'm looking into that right now. It's not any of the market related apps. I think it's something in framework.

revenge8

Reaction score
ok so read all instructions and MIUI is up and running with no FC! the only problem i have is old previously uninstalled apps are back and wont go away.. anyone know where i can manually delete these? even after "uninstalling" by dragging to the garbage can they come back after restart... thanks for the help

publicanimal

Reaction score
ok so read all instructions and MIUI is up and running with no FC! the only problem i have is old previously uninstalled apps are back and wont go away.. anyone know where i can manually delete these? even after "uninstalling" by dragging to the garbage can they come back after restart... thanks for the help

Weird. The conventional methods are to either go to the Market page for those apps and tap Uninstall, or to go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and find the apps, tap them and uninstall from there.

The root only methods are to use Titanium Backup or Root Explorer.

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
This UI is very I*hone-ish in its function.
Accounts and Sync tab missing in Settings.
You cannot put folders or shortcuts on the traveling launch bar.
I'm not sure what the CPU button on the power control scrolling menu does.
There is a Favorite Contacts widget that I cannot place on any screen.
Facebook sync issues.
FC when trying to change contact photo.
Of course, the Chinese needs to be fully translated.
Thats all I can think of now...
This UI is a big step forward in custom ROM development, obviously not done by untrained individuals. No offense intended toward the many amateur Devs out there doing great work.
I'm looking forward to the community using this as a springboard toward more unique UI's in the future.
The fact it came from China and no one seems to know the Dev. has me a little concerned however.

ACTUALLY someone said its Japanese :icon_ banana:
It's Chinese for sure. lol

revenge8

Reaction score

Weird. The conventional methods are to either go to the Market page for those apps and tap Uninstall, or to go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and find the apps, tap them and uninstall from there.

in root explorer would they be under system>apps?
they arent under manage applications.. so i think its just the icons that wont disappear.. i hid them, but it confuses me why they are there.. also i have double icons for pandora, maps, and navigation.. it certainly is weird.

publicanimal

Reaction score

in root explorer would they be under system>apps?
they arent under manage applications.. so i think its just the icons that wont disappear.. i hid them, but it confuses me why they are there.. also i have double icons for pandora, maps, and navigation.. it certainly is weird.

Did you try to reboot? And yes, should be under /system/apps in Root Explorer.

EDIT: Nevermind, you said they come back after restart. No response necessary.

superglen99

Reaction score
My facebook contact pics are not showing up. I went into settings and it shows facebook account and sync is on. I turned it off then back on and nothing. So I removed the account and logged out of the app. I then went into settings and add account, facebook and login. But there is no sync option after that, just goes straight into the app. Plus now when I go to add a facebook account from settings it just puts me back at the add account page. Any help? I followed the directions and installed all the fixes.

hoppermi

Reaction score
My facebook contact pics are not showing up. I went into settings and it shows facebook account and sync is on. I turned it off then back on and nothing. So I removed the account and logged out of the app. I then went into settings and add account, facebook and login. But there is no sync option after that, just goes straight into the app. Plus now when I go to add a facebook account from settings it just puts me back at the add account page. Any help? I followed the directions and installed all the fixes.
This is a known issue. Uninstall Facebook Update in Market, might fix data sync. Use free app syncmypix from market for your photos.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can tell you for SURE, that the music in the release video is Japanese language. And for sure some of the script in the ROM is japanese as well. Japanese uses 3 alphabets, hiragana, katakana, and Kanji. Chinese only uses one form of writing (kanji characters like the japanese use). Japanese is a simplified form of chinese writing, and the chinese dont use it...so if the rom was japanese, it would be filled with hiragana and katakana script....and its not.

It IS japanese music in the vid though. The first word "mabushi" means bright.

The script in the rom itself though...is Chinese script.

freddyvaca

Reaction score
installed galaxy theme over working MIUI rom. i get the white screen of death however, i can hear the phone loaded up just fine. any suggestions?