D1-MIUI Discussion

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So here is what D1-Miui is:

It is based on MIUI from miui.com. MIUI is a community based opensource rom like cyanogenmod specifically made for Chinese users where developers take aosp and mod it and release it for the nexus one and desire. They do not support the droid and have no immediate plans to support English.

The lib portion of this rom is specificly put together so that it works on the droid. It's not the exact same as stock 2.2 or cyanogenmod. Certain libs are tied into the frameworks of miui and a lot of debugging when on to get it to boot and have the hardware work.

The evolution of Team D1-MIUI

I released Zen-Miuiv1 in hopes that people would help out and make this a fully functional rom.

Jamezelle took v1 and fixed several things and dropped v2.

The update to v2 was done by the community and I posted it.

I had been working on v3 based on 9.30 for a week or so. Holding off on releasing it because honestly I wanted to make it it's own rom with out flashing overtop of another rom.

I've shared my v3 with metickone and using the libs and ideas from my v3 full wipe rom he released his own rom. KaNG war begain. A day later a truce was called and Team D1-MIUI was formed and D1-Miui 9.30 v3 was released.

All I expect is that what ever you do you give it back and post it here. That is why I had this forum created. For MIUI development.

I have a page at google code called D1-Miui. That is the place to go for this rom. It's a community oriented site. People can be added to help maintain it keep instructions up to date and other developers can be added to upload updates and new versions.

All I want is to work with a team of developers and put out the best possible rom for the users.

So if you want to theme it up or make some mods post it in the Team D1-MIUI forum.

http://code.google.com/p/d1-miui/

If you wish to be added and contribute time pm me and I'll add you. All help is welcome and credits will be given.

We need help with wiki instructions and keeping track of the bug reports and theming.

Last edited:

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So Im Just gonna throw this Out there!! So im on the Same Page. I do alot more than Replace images I edit over 70 xml files. theme the whole rom! Thats what I do! So If I do that you wanted it Posted here??

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
I think your digging yourself a deeper hole Zen. When you say 'people' are taking this rom and reposting it with a few changes are you talking about metiCkOne? Its been interesting following the development of MIUI this past week and how the developer community started stripping the thing apart to fix all the bugs in the original release. In fact I even thought to myself it would be cool if it always worked that way. Other Devs, Themers, and Beta Team guys all adding bits and pieces to the puzzle, it was fascinating to watch. So, when mO released his version I assumed he had your blessing and that all was right in the world. It seems to me that having another developer take this rom apart and move it in a new direction is beneficial to the entire community.
So, I guess I’m confused about how all of this works. If I find a rom and port it over to the Droid it becomes mine? Other people can help me develop it but no one else can use the port and release something new? Please tell me that isn’t what happened here.

robyr

Reaction score
I think your digging yourself a deeper hole Zen. When you say 'people' are taking this rom and reposting it with a few changes are you talking about metiCkOne? Its been interesting following the development of MIUI this past week and how the developer community started stripping the thing apart to fix all the bugs in the original release. In fact I even thought to myself it would be cool if it always worked that way. Other Devs, Themers, and Beta Team guys all adding bits and pieces to the puzzle, it was fascinating to watch. So, when mO released his version I assumed he had your blessing and that all was right in the world. It seems to me that having another developer take this rom apart and move it in a new direction is beneficial to the entire community.
So, I guess I’m confused about how all of this works. If I find a rom and port it over to the Droid it becomes mine? Other people can help me develop it but no one else can use the port and release something new? Please tell me that isn’t what happened here.

Stop trolling. You don't really get the problems.

Zen, good to hear that development is still going. I will join the Google Code project as well.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So Im Just gonna throw this Out there!! So im on the Same Page. I do alot more than Replace images I edit over 70 xml files. theme the whole rom! Thats what I do! So If I do that you wanted it Posted here??

No you made a themed rom. I have no problems with what you did. It's not about you. Those comments were made in hast over what I thought was a dirty move by someone else after giving them the info on how i did what i did with v3. It's done and over with and the mods are working to make it right.

If you release a full themed rom all I ask is that you pm and drop a link in this forum to where you posted and let me let you to google code as a contributer so what ever improvements you make can be used by all in a central place.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

No you made a themed rom. I have no problems with what you did. It's not about you. Those comments were made in hast over what I thought was a dirty move by someone else after giving them the info on how i did what i did with v3. It's done and over with and the mods are working to make it right.

If you release a full themed rom all I ask is that you pm and drop a link in this forum to where you posted and let me let you to google code as a contributer so what ever improvements you make can be used by all in a central place.

Gotcha. I will resume then

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

killjoylm1

Reaction score
Yes...thank you! I'm so glad cooler heads prevailed! Wonderful work on this ROM and you have changed the development of Droid ROMs! THANK YOU!!

~G

illmatic636

Reaction score

Stop trolling. You don't really get the problems.

Zen, good to hear that development is still going. I will join the Google Code project as well.

bumpity, bump~

Armyof2

Reaction score

dancedroid

harriknight

Reaction score

What I interpreted it as isn't that he took it and is now claiming it for himself, but rather trying to keep the community in one piece. If developers just took his work and started making their own ROMs, things would get disorganized with all the different distributions of it and bugs would get fixed slower due to having smaller teams working by themselves rather than one big team.

The way Zen is doing things I think will bring the community together to produce the best possible ROM in the least amount of time, which I think we're all for.

Great work with the ROM, and I'm glad to hear that v3 is on it's way. Keep it up. :)

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

Awesome news!!

Armyof2

Reaction score
For my part I apologize for any comments I made ...was a bit fired up when I thought my toys were being taken away

ballisticn8

Reaction score
I've been following this ROM since it was posted over at androidforums and have read some of the work multiple people have put into it. I have to agree it was quite confusing seeing different versions and themes and names for it posted in different places.

All I gotta say is I'm glad this ROM will continue to be developed, this ROM was actually what stopped me from getting a new phone, now I dont have to put my Droid away.

dancedroid