Zen Miui V2 for Droid1 without wiping

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
did the below based on previous posts:

1. I came from SS4.8
  2. did an advanced nandroid backup with all options checked off
  3. I grabbed version 2 from the first post of this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/zenulator/84360-rom-zen-miui-v2-android-2-2-miui.html
  4. mounted phone to computer, renamed the file to update.zip and placed it on the root of my sdcard.
  5. placed update.zip on the root of my sdcard
  6. installed with sprecovery, no wipe at all (and have installed nothing else at all)
  7. upon booting went into apps/manage apps/view all apps
  8. Deleted data in Contact Storage and Google Services Framework
findings:

• Did not have to reinstall Swype, it functions fine.
  • Had to register with Facebook again with the FB app. Contacts syncing with FB profile pictures.
  • SetCPU lets the CPU overclock to the full 1.1ghz. (my previous kernel was the default ss8.4 1.0 ghz kernel)
  • Market works fine. All my apps are on my desktop.
  • I had Launcher Pro and now have ADW Launcher as an option too. I haven't picked a default yet.
  • My contacts, all of them, are now synced up and back from gmail.
  • wifi tether, which I had installed on the previous rom is working fine.
  • The built in contact/dialer is working fine. I can dial out, others can call me.
  • response time moving from screen to screen is fast.
  • Couldn't disagree more that there is tons more work to do. This is fully functional as far as I can tell.
  • 6:30pm started reading this thread. It is 3 hours later at 9:30pm now and I had time to read every single post, grab the needed files, and get my phone fully functional and then post this. Prior to this post I watched the video in the first post again too, trying to figure out some of the features.

Edit:
  • haptic feedback is fine for me. - I didn't apply any updates to change it either.
  • keyboard does not light up. (I forgot to mention it when I made this post originally)
Thanks Zenulator for your part in this, I've had fun playing with this tonight.

I haven't applied any of TheBowers work, but it is cool to see him and others jumping on this to lend a hand.

And when I started this task tonight we had one less custom rom section....good to see we now have another!

Here are some fixes to this Rom. I've been adding them as they are made.

FIXES SECTION

Per publicanimal he combined all the fixes in one zip file

1. publicanimal says: OK guys, here it is: All known fixes for the Miui ROM in a single .zip
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ze...i-v2-droid1-without-wiping-11.html#post874195

2. Fixes for the market (build.prop), the stock Miui SMS app, and the Account syncs fix.

Originally Posted by Benny879
This is a port of Manup456's Galaxy theme for the Miui ROM. This is a them only file so do not wipe before installing. I highly suggest you don't install this until you have your Miui ROM under control and working first. This theme includes fixes for the market (build.prop), the stock Miui SMS app, and the Account syncs fix.
Download: MiuiGalaxyTheme_Beta2.zip

edit: christim: changed bullets to numbers. added link to rom in step 3 and added item 6 to the Fixes Section(10-1-2010 7:53am)

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I made this a sticky, but it is Zenulator's section so I'll yank it if requested.

There you go Trikotket.
A couple of people asked for a sticky but you were first, tag you're it. Feel free to update the OP as needed. I'd suggest adding the update.zip theBowers put together for keyboard lighting, haptic feedback, etc.

From my browsing of this thread this morning it looks like SS4.8, UD8, and Sapphire 1.1.1 being on your phone and then installing this rom without a wipe, as in the op of this thread works out well. If others have similar luck with other roms, post them and hopefully they will get added into the op here.

edit: I'll add that I've only got 3 facebook pictures that synced with my contacts.
also went back to Launcher Pro and the dialer in there is of course now changed. Contacts are separate. But I am liking the pull down menu that has all the Power Control Widget items there when you scroll left to right on the handle.

Last edited:
OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Benny879
This is a port of Manup456's Galaxy theme for the Miui ROM. This is a them only file so do not wipe before installing. I highly suggest you don't install this until you have your Miui ROM under control and working first. This theme includes fixes for the market (build.prop), the stock Miui SMS app, and the Account syncs fix.

Download: MiuiGalaxyTheme_Beta2.zip

20100929023034.png
20100929022944.png
20100929022921.png
20100927142627.png
20100927142627.png
[/quote]

First theme for this Rom. Has all the features to it. Install over the rom. No wipe needed. Thanks Benny879 you da man dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Sorry guys forgot eri.xml on that. New update is coming up right now with that included. I also tried a couple of other things to see if I could get the built in tether to work but couldn't. So, anyone have a good free usb tether app? I really need tether.

Here is the newest update (Keyboard backlight, haptic, eri.xml - Verizon Wireless settings)
Keyboard_Haptic_ERI_fixes.zip

If anyone dont want the theme. They can download this fix to update keyboard and fix back light. All thanks to thebowers dancedroid

excellentnuke

Reaction score
Here's a quick port of Manup's MIUI Galaxy theme (beta). This also installs the MIUI original Mms app. Includes the keyboard backlight fix provided by thebowers. This is still very early but it does look very nice already.

Download: MIUI_Galaxy_Beta.zip

20100929023034.png
20100929022944.png
20100929022921.png
20100927142627.png
20100927142627.png

First theme for this Rom. Has all the features to it. Install over the rom. No wipe needed. Thanks Benny879 you da man dancedroid

I tried that theme and the stock MMS.apk kept FC'ing on me.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
did you install this theme over the Miui rom?? No one complained so far when he launched this theme

hoppermi

Reaction score
A Few Observations....

This UI is very I*hone-ish in its function.
Accounts and Sync tab missing in Settings.
You cannot put folders or shortcuts on the traveling launch bar.
I'm not sure what the CPU button on the power control scrolling menu does.
There is a Favorite Contacts widget that I cannot place on any screen.
Facebook sync issues.
FC when trying to change contact photo.
Of course, the Chinese needs to be fully translated.
Thats all I can think of now...
This UI is a big step forward in custom ROM development, obviously not done by untrained individuals. No offense intended toward the many amateur Devs out there doing great work.
I'm looking forward to the community using this as a springboard toward more unique UI's in the future.
The fact it came from China and no one seems to know the Dev. has me a little concerned however.

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
This UI is very I*hone-ish in its function.
Accounts and Sync tab missing in Settings.
You cannot put folders or shortcuts on the traveling launch bar.
I'm not sure what the CPU button on the power control scrolling menu does.
There is a Favorite Contacts widget that I cannot place on any screen.
Facebook sync issues.
FC when trying to change contact photo.
Of course, the Chinese needs to be fully translated.
Thats all I can think of now...
This UI is a big step forward in custom ROM development, obviously not done by untrained individuals. No offense intended toward the many amateur Devs out there doing great work.
I'm looking forward to the community using this as a springboard toward more unique UI's in the future.
The fact it came from China and no one seems to know the Dev. has me a little concerned however.

ACTUALLY someone said its Japanese :icon_ banana:

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
The first theme that was launched last night, worked for a few minutes then I woke up this Morning and messaging app FCd on me. Is there a seperate icon for this MMS app?

hoppermi

Reaction score
The first theme that was launched last night, worked for a few minutes then I woke up this Morning and messaging app FCd on me. Is there a seperate icon for this MMS app?

You need to install MIUI mms.zip from other thread Page 40 something, first. I believe this will fix your problem.

Here is the download location: http://www.mediafire.com/?b7rvrmb49ahl1ba

Last edited:

illmatic636

Reaction score
BG... That looks great! Care to share soon?

Your themes are always legit!