MIUI Issues and Resolution Tracker Thread

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since I immediately fell in love with this ROM, and then was aggravated by all the Force Closes I received during it's use, I began searching for fixes. Low and behold, the fixes are scattered. Makes sense to have one thread dedicated to fixing them no? :motdroidhoriz:

Issue / Fix / Work for me?

1. Dialer and Contacts FC's / Rom Manager, Fix Permissions / No
1a. Dialer and Contacts FC's / MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip / No
1b. Dialer and Contacts FC's / Android OS Settings, Manage Applications, All, Find "Contacts Storage" and clear it, Find "Google Services Framework" and clear it / No
2. Multiple Issues / Install SS 4.8 first, then Install MIUI on top (with AllFixesInOne), Android OS Settings, Manage Applications, All, Find "Contacts Storage" and clear it, Find "Google Services Framework" and clear it / Yes (very minor issues remain)
3. Boot Loops (passes M, then stays on Cyanogen Mod loop) / Wipe Cache 4 times, Wipe partition and cache 4 times, then install MUIU / Yes (it boots).
4. Google Search Update will not install / rename the googlequickboxsearch.apk to googlequickboxsearch.apk.bak in root explorer (or terminal, whichever you prefer), reboot, install latests google search update / Thank you Yatori
5. Camera Issues (taking pictures / change auto focus to infinity / Thank you bL33d/ Confirmed by Zenulator

BTW, Do you call it My UI, or Mee-you-ee? I use the former.

Last edited:

tjkriegel

Reaction score
For the dialer/contacts FC's you go to settings menu/applications/all applications and clear data for ContactsStorage and GoogleServicesFramework and that should take care of it.

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the dialer/contacts FC's you go to settings menu/applications/all applications and clear data for ContactsStorage and GoogleServicesFramework and that should take care of it.

When you say to go into the settings menu, you mean the android settings or an application's setting? When I go into the android settings, applications menu I only see manage appplications, then the list of all the apps to manage. Can you be more specific as to where to go? Thanks

Rsswga

Reaction score

When you say to go into the settings menu, you mean the android settings or an application's setting? When I go into the android settings, applications menu I only see manage appplications, then the list of all the apps to manage. Can you be more specific as to where to go? Thanks

applications...click all
scroll and you'll see them

OP
akhenax

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, I figured out what you meant based on your last reply, but that didn't work for me. I'm going to try install SS 4.8, then this on top of it, to see if that fixes the issue.

Rsswga

Reaction score
they worked for very few issues..just no sync option, my email syncs fine thou..i guess its not really an issue..
no force closes or nothing 48 hours

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
To get account and sync you have to pull the accountandsyc.apk from another ROM and put it in system/app. Its named account(s)andsync.apk in the current version.

kingdroid81

Reaction score

I tried this method and it still doesnt recognize the dialer. I had to install the glass dialer patch. It works but it looks really out of place because it came from the black glass theme. I would love to have it the way it came originally. Is there a workaround for this ? any help would be appreciated.

Cortez

Reaction score
So I did the issues zip, install over SS4.8 and everything, but is there still an issue with FBook PICTURES not syncing? I have all the numbers but none of the pictures want to sync. Any help would be grand thanks!!!

Blueprint

Reaction score
So I did the issues zip, install over SS4.8 and everything, but is there still an issue with FBook PICTURES not syncing? I have all the numbers but none of the pictures want to sync. Any help would be grand thanks!!!

If you don't mind having an extra app, go to the app store and grab syncmypix. It syncs all your facebook pictures to contacts. I'm using it till the facebook sync problems get fixed.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so far my issues are.

1. Reboot when I go to settings/applications/manage applications/ and try to uninstall an app. I did not try a lot of them like this, but it did it to me with Zedge, and Ringdroid. I tried to uninstall from settings and manage apps...during the uninstall, phone reboots out of nowhere. App is not deleted. I cannot delete them this way. I havent had an issue deleting them using the trash can in the stock launcher.

2. Occasionally get a really long homescreen redraw when I am browsing internet, and touch the home button...it freezes for a second..then takes a good 10 seconds or more to redraw my homescreen.

3. Occasional lag when scrolling page to page.

those are the only issues I have experience this far...that havent been covered already (ie *228 not FC)

I did the install per instructions...and it works great. Install directly over ss4.8, no wipe...clear data from contacts storage and google framework services. Reboot, install chevy 1.0ghz lv kernel, install all issues fix zip...reboot.

No probs other than what I described above. I really think this ROM has a LOT of potential...it just has some wrinkles that need to be ironed out.