Zen Miui V2 for Droid1 without wiping

bL33d

Reaction score
my rom runs great running galaxy theme only problem i have is my camera like hangs right after u take a pic anyone else having this issue?

FYI i tried useing a diffrent camera.apk but it did the same thing :(

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
my rom runs great running galaxy theme only problem i have is my camera like hangs right after u take a pic anyone else having this issue?

samething happens to me idk what to do

bL33d

Reaction score

samething happens to me idk what to do

Vignette camera app from market works normal but it takes awhile to save file to gallery.

beatboiii

Reaction score
maybe im missing something, but the first page only has links to fixes and not the actual update. Can someone link it for me? Or point me in the right direction. Thanks

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
maybe im missing something, but the first page only has links to fixes and not the actual update. Can someone link it for me? Or point me in the right direction. Thanks

it's in the other thread started by some guy named zenulator

beatboiii

Reaction score

it's in the other thread started by some guy named zenulator

Oh I know him. However i thought that link was to the full cyanogen rom...which i installed but cant get GPS to work on :(

bL33d

Reaction score
I still think someone should post up a clockwork nandroid of there rom after they get it working. Would be easier for some people. i could post mine if people would want it... like i said my camera lags but thats the only problem im having.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I just tested my camera and it worked fine, FYI.

I just made a .zip that combines ALL fixes for this ROM, just about to test it. I will post in on BOTH threads once I test that it works.

Benny879

Reaction score
Anyone try pushing the home button while on a call....Bad AZZ!

Another cool tidbit....while in Editing mode press the menu button and press "Add". You get a menu to add shortcuts, and folders. Press the folder option and you can add folders pre-populated with contacts and recent documents. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:

jellybean420

Reaction score

Another cool tidbit....while in Editing mode press the menu button and press "Add". You get a menu to add shortcuts, and folders. Press the folder option and you can add folders pre-populated with contacts and recent documents. Pretty cool stuff.

What does pressing home do in a call? Besides obv taking you home im guessing lol

Benny879

Reaction score

What does pressing home do in a call? Besides obv taking you home im guessing lol

It does but it adds a very cool feature at the top of the screen :)

Benny879

Reaction score
I was reading through the official Miui site and they have a change log of the newest update which is released today or tomorrow our time.

Some of the noticeable updates:

- Added black list to the phone app
- Ability to add a contact picture using an image file from the internet
- Improved screen sliding fluidity
- Lock screen preview of unread text and missed calls
- New folder open/close animation
- Improved moving icons into folders
- Alot of other misc stuff that didn't translate well in Chrome..haha

Those new additions are in 0.9.30. What version are we using on the Droid? Hopefully it wont take long to get 0.9.30 here!

OP
TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I was reading through the official Miui site and they have a change log of the newest update which is released today or tomorrow our time.

Some of the noticeable updates:

- Added black list to the phone app
- Ability to add a contact picture using an image file from the internet
- Improved screen sliding fluidity
- Lock screen preview of unread text and missed calls
- New folder open/close animation
- Improved moving icons into folders
- Alot of other misc stuff that didn't translate well in Chrome..haha

Those new additions are in 0.9.30. What version are we using on the Droid? Hopefully it wont take long to get 0.9.30 here!

Cant wait for the new version dancedroid

publicanimal

Reaction score
OK guys, here it is: All known fixes for the Miui ROM in a single .zip
MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip

TESTED AND WORKING PERFECTLY! Sorry it took a while, after messing with Miui ROM for 11 hours I needed to take a short break and jump in the shower. :)

I am going to make this a comprehensive post so people don't have to spend the hours I did combing through everything.

FIXES ADDRESSED WITH THE ABOVE .ZIP:
- Accounts and Sync issues
- Keyboard backlight
- Includes "stock" Miui MMS app
- Haptic feedback tweaks
- Call settings translated to English

Outstanding Issues (Not addressed by this .zip):
- Force close when dialing *228
- Force close in Settings menu when tapping on SD Card & Phone Storage settings
- Not all apps will restore in Market upon install (EASILY ADDRESSED BY MAKING SURE ALL APPS ARE INSTALLED BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM)

NOOBS QUICK INSTALL GUIDE (For Zen Miui V2):
- Clear data/cache, flash ChevyNo1's SS4.8

- Tap green robot, login to google account, allow contacts and apps to restore (MAY TAKE A WHILE. BE PATIENT. Sometimes I find downloading a new app will jumpstart the app restoration process in the market.)

- Install above .zip on SD Card

- Boot into recovery, install ZenMuiuV2 - DO NOT WIPE DATA/CACHE

- After reboot ignore force closes, then go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

- Tap ALL

- Locate Contact Storage, tap it, then tap Clear Data, then locate Google Services Framework, tap it, then tap clear data
(It also wouldn't hurt to open ROM Manager and tap Fix Permissions at this point)

- Turn off phone, boot into recovery

- Flash above .zip (MIUI_AllFixesInOne.zip)

- REBOOT - ALL DONE. Enjoy Miui ROM!

One more thing: If you have Root Explorer or equivalent, after doing this go into your /system/app folder and at the top you will see two similarly named files. One is AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and the other is AccountsAndSyncSettings.apk. The only one you need is the first one (singular Account, you don't need the one with the plural Accounts). The file name discrepancy is the reason there is a problem with account syncing on Miui. You can now delete the second file without causing any problems.

OK, I'm going to go take the dog for a much needed walk!

Last edited: