Whats something you can do with your Droid that most people don't know about?

NoKz

Reaction score
I show them I can overclock it, root it, mod it and whatever I damn well please with it. My iPhone buddy hates her iPhone now after playing with my Droid. :p

52brandon

Reaction score
Any damn thing. From managing my computer remotely to auto blocking calls with an automatic text reply to making restaurant and movie reservations all without actually making a call... seems people get impressed by different features, but there's always something to impress anybody

toneyl

Reaction score
Google Sky is pretty impressive and I love to show how high tech the Droid is with Rotary Dialer LOL. Solo Light (guitar) is cool... I don't play so I'm not sure how good it is but it's fun. ShopSavvy isoo has paid for my Droid by saving me $. Scan an item at a store and Google finds prices/reviews online. Shoppers are impressed. I second Voice Search! Then once found you can navigate, call, map... brilliant.

I almost had someone convinced that my Droid even does the dishes by sending out a sanitizing beam of light :D (I haven't found this app yet) : (

OP
Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
Remember. This is about what people don't know you can do not what you do to show off your Droid.

Dave Droid

Reaction score
Well just tonight, I found out that you can change your bootscreen without being rooted. I'm not sure if many people know about it but here's the link:

[video=youtube;WIBk1-NB_ZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIBk1-NB_ZM[/video]

OP
Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
Ahh well I knew you could change the bootscreen but I thought you had to be rooted. It was actually the thing that made me decide to root at first.

Dave Droid

Reaction score
Yeah. I was gonna root just because of that but then I found that video. But then I saw Metamorph and I just had to root. :icon_ devil:

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
How about this for an example to share.

Say you want to go to a new restaurant and aren't sure (1) if you can get a reservation and (2) how to get there. Point out that you can...

• Open up the Browser and search on the name of the restaurant,
  • Touch the phone number, call the restaurant, and make the reservation,
  • Return to the browser and touch on "directions",
  • Check the map and then select Navigation,
  • Go to the car and hook up the Droid to the AUX input,
  • Before heading out, start the Music app and begin playing soothing music. Point out that the Droid (using its multitasking capability) will run the Navigation app in the background while playing music,
  • Also point out that the Droid will interrupt the music to provide voice directions,
  • Upon arriving at the restaurant, continue to play soothing music while cooling one's heals waiting for the table,
  • After dinner, (if one is mathematically-challenged or "three sheets to the wind") use the Tips Calculator to determine the appropriate amount at add to the bill,
  • Also after dinner, use the Browser to access Google to determine the meaning of the expression "three sheets to the wind". And finally,
  • Return once more to the Navigator to return home. :biggrin:

The voice search feature and navigation are both awesome and the reasons I got the phone in the first place.

Last edited:

koralyne

Reaction score
one thing my droid does that nobody would think that it can do...

well my droid has an app... i dont really like it, it makes it invisible, and intangible.

:frown:

EDIT: upon further inspection, its not invisible, or intangible. It teleports!

Yes! you heard me. It relocates. Replaces itsself with an instinct, and only accepts signals from sprint. Oh woe is me ;~;

;D

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Shopsavvy as well, especially if they hear the scan "Doink" in the aisle ... :)

I had a flash drive show up as less online at the store I was in, and made them match it. :)

I scanned a computer monitor at store and when it showed 40 dollars cheaper 10 minutes down the road at another store they said they needed a printed flyer price in order to match. I pointed to the 3 other items I had and mentioned they were all cheaper at the store I was in. They wouldn't budge. I left the whole pile and took a ten minute drive down the road. Saved money not buying 3 things plus saved $40 for the main item I was out shopping for.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A simple thing that I haven't seen posted yet is the video capture. Everyone that sees the video quality has been blown away. A normal cell you might take a quick little clip of something but the end result isn't something to write home about. The Droid's videos are something you can hold onto.