People won't spend money on apps what gives!!!

givmedew

Reaction score
This is a rant in a way and in a way its a way to try to ask people to think about what they are doing!

I understand that a lot of people don't have money but I also understand a lot more people do! I keep running into people and friends that wont buy apps. The worst part is that I go out a lot and so do half the people I run into. Think about this:

Do you buy starbucks more than 2x a week?
Do you buy more than $20 worth of alcohol a week?
Do you drink over 20 ounces of soda a day?
Does your gym membership cost more than $20/m?
Do you smoke AT ALL!

Then you can afford to buy $5 worth of apps a month! I am sick and tired of people asking how I got all the stuff on my phone but they aren't willing to pay for Premium Rom Manager, G-Lock, Personal Assistant, Nesoid!

I mean really do you expect all this stuff for FREE!

People please if you belong in any of the 5 groups listed above then spend some money on apps. If you belong in 2 or more groups then geeze! I am in 2 of those groups used to be in 4 of them (not a smoker)!!! I stopped 2 and now I am healthier and can afford some awesome apps!

There are a lot of people who spent a whole lot of time to bring you amazing things! You know wireless tether is free? Thats like a $40/m feature as far as verizon is concerned. Wake up!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seen this rant before, but I agree. Apps are what make this phone so awesome. Spending money supports the devs and makes it worth their time to develop updates and other apps.

You've got 24 hours to get a refund if you change your mind. Apple doesn't do that. I have a friend who switched to android and couldn't believe it.

Support the people who make your phone make other people go "holy s***! How does it do that?!" Then sit back and see what other cool tricks they come up with!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk (a paid app... :D)

Reaction score
No need for flaming, but i do see your point.

However, It's no ones place to bash against it. If they ask that question its not a big situation, No ones being hurt. They do have the right to say as they want as long as its permitted on this forum and no one is being disrespected. I'm fighting to make sure everyone on this country and this forum safe and our domestic enemies and for you guys to keep your rights..

Again if they ask, then they asked. No big deal just ignore.

OP
givmedew

givmedew

Reaction score
Support the people who make your phone make other people go "holy s***! How does it do that?!" Then sit back and see what other cool tricks they come up with!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk (a paid app... :D)

No really yesterday was easter... did anyone have any family member with iphones or iphone touch go holy ****?! I did!!! I was at my grandma's she has DSL and no wifi router! My uncle brought his ipod and his baller ass SSD 8 Core Laptop to show off... he was like what no wifi??? I was like dont worry I got you!!! I hit wireless tether told him the password and he **** himself! He couldn't believe that both of us was connected to my droid wireless and it was faster than basic DSL. Then I showed him FREE nav... pandora and texting while we where still using my phone as a wifi hotspot!!!

I understand that the iphone can talk and web at the same time but hahahahaha no multitasking go blow yourself uncle... who cares that you have an SSD i got wifi anywhere!!!

My uncle also asked how much was the droid I was like just wait for the next set even though mine already has a faster processor than the incredible lol!!! 1ghz droid love it!

Laramie

Reaction score
7/10 on the rant. Solid argument, and I agree. Rant needed more angry emoticons and profanity ;-)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
givmedew

givmedew

Reaction score
7/10 on the rant. Solid argument, and I agree. Rant needed more angry emoticons and profanity ;-)

Coming from a glock supporter I can not argue to much lol... I was going to put an avatar of my 5-7 but thought it was a little aggressive lol love your avatar!

Laramie

Reaction score

Coming from a glock supporter I can not argue to much lol... I was going to put an avatar of my 5-7 but thought it was a little aggressive lol love your avatar!

Thanks! I would love a 5.7 one of these days. Too many on my "to-get" list :)

Seems there's a few firearms enthusiasts on here.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Moved to appropriate forum area.....

OP
givmedew

givmedew

Reaction score

Thanks! I would love a 5.7 one of these days. Too many on my "to-get" list :)

Seems there's a few firearms enthusiasts on here.

eh... when someone else besides FN starts making rounds then jump on it until then im sticking with my xd tact too expensive to use the 57 at the range but its so fun and when the rounds come out across 3-5 stations and you get all these pissed off looks its worth it lol

Game4set

Reaction score
One thing you have to remember is that the method of paying for apps on the Android market might not be as convenient as lets say apple's app store where there are cards that you could use for the store. Being 16, its much more easier to get a card for 15 dollars than trying to get a credit card from my parents and having to explain why I need it, bla bla bla.

Laramie

Reaction score
One thing you have to remember is that the method of paying for apps on the Android market might not be as convenient as lets say apple's app store where there are cards that you could use for the store. Being 16, its much more easier to get a card for 15 dollars than trying to get a credit card from my parents and having to explain why I need it, bla bla bla.

You sure can't argue with Apples success. Mac books, ipod, iphone, appstore and it all being integrated. Would be nice to see some $5-$25 "market gift cards".

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can't ANYONE buy one of those prepaid visa cards at Wal-mart or other places like that?

If you're 16, you're old enough for a job in most states and old enough to buy a debit card for use on the market. :D

CruzControl

Reaction score

i totally agree. i am not a credit card owner and i honestly wish i was just to purchase a few of these amazing apps in the market. if there was a prepaid card system in stores like the ones you buy for prepaid phones, i would consider spending money on that for apps. :D

Laramie

Reaction score
Can't ANYONE buy one of those prepaid visa cards at Wal-mart or other places like that?

If you're 16, you're old enough for a job in most states and old enough to buy a debit card for use on the market. :D

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention but I though those pre-paid visa cards were a $50 minimum.