People won't spend money on apps what gives!!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by givmedew, Apr 5, 2010.

1. givmedew

givmedew New Member

This is a rant in a way and in a way its a way to try to ask people to think about what they are doing!

I understand that a lot of people don't have money but I also understand a lot more people do! I keep running into people and friends that wont buy apps. The worst part is that I go out a lot and so do half the people I run into. Think about this:

Do you buy starbucks more than 2x a week?
    Do you buy more than $20 worth of alcohol a week?
    Do you drink over 20 ounces of soda a day?
    Does your gym membership cost more than $20/m?
    Do you smoke AT ALL!

Then you can afford to buy $5 worth of apps a month! I am sick and tired of people asking how I got all the stuff on my phone but they aren't willing to pay for Premium Rom Manager, G-Lock, Personal Assistant, Nesoid!

I mean really do you expect all this stuff for FREE!

People please if you belong in any of the 5 groups listed above then spend some money on apps. If you belong in 2 or more groups then geeze! I am in 2 of those groups used to be in 4 of them (not a smoker)!!! I stopped 2 and now I am healthier and can afford some awesome apps!

There are a lot of people who spent a whole lot of time to bring you amazing things! You know wireless tether is free? Thats like a $40/m feature as far as verizon is concerned. Wake up!
  2. givmedew

givmedew New Member

No flaming necessary i wont be reading this thread at all
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Seen this rant before, but I agree. Apps are what make this phone so awesome. Spending money supports the devs and makes it worth their time to develop updates and other apps.

You've got 24 hours to get a refund if you change your mind. Apple doesn't do that. I have a friend who switched to android and couldn't believe it.

Support the people who make your phone make other people go "holy s***! How does it do that?!" Then sit back and see what other cool tricks they come up with!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk (a paid app... :D)
  4. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

No need for flaming, but i do see your point.

However, It's no ones place to bash against it. If they ask that question its not a big situation, No ones being hurt. They do have the right to say as they want as long as its permitted on this forum and no one is being disrespected. I'm fighting to make sure everyone on this country and this forum safe and our domestic enemies and for you guys to keep your rights..

Again if they ask, then they asked. No big deal just ignore.
  5. givmedew

givmedew New Member

No really yesterday was easter... did anyone have any family member with iphones or iphone touch go holy ****?! I did!!! I was at my grandma's she has DSL and no wifi router! My uncle brought his ipod and his baller ass SSD 8 Core Laptop to show off... he was like what no wifi??? I was like dont worry I got you!!! I hit wireless tether told him the password and he **** himself! He couldn't believe that both of us was connected to my droid wireless and it was faster than basic DSL. Then I showed him FREE nav... pandora and texting while we where still using my phone as a wifi hotspot!!!

I understand that the iphone can talk and web at the same time but hahahahaha no multitasking go blow yourself uncle... who cares that you have an SSD i got wifi anywhere!!!

My uncle also asked how much was the droid I was like just wait for the next set even though mine already has a faster processor than the incredible lol!!! 1ghz droid love it!
  6. Laramie

Laramie New Member

7/10 on the rant. Solid argument, and I agree. Rant needed more angry emoticons and profanity ;-)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. givmedew

givmedew New Member

Coming from a glock supporter I can not argue to much lol... I was going to put an avatar of my 5-7 but thought it was a little aggressive lol love your avatar!
  8. Laramie

Laramie New Member

Thanks! I would love a 5.7 one of these days. Too many on my "to-get" list :)

Seems there's a few firearms enthusiasts on here.

9. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Moved to appropriate forum area.....
  10. givmedew

givmedew New Member

eh... when someone else besides FN starts making rounds then jump on it until then im sticking with my xd tact too expensive to use the 57 at the range but its so fun and when the rounds come out across 3-5 stations and you get all these pissed off looks its worth it lol
  11. Game4set

Game4set New Member

One thing you have to remember is that the method of paying for apps on the Android market might not be as convenient as lets say apple's app store where there are cards that you could use for the store. Being 16, its much more easier to get a card for 15 dollars than trying to get a credit card from my parents and having to explain why I need it, bla bla bla.
  12. Laramie

Laramie New Member

You sure can't argue with Apples success. Mac books, ipod, iphone, appstore and it all being integrated. Would be nice to see some $5-$25 "market gift cards".

13. Jonny Kansas

Can't ANYONE buy one of those prepaid visa cards at Wal-mart or other places like that?

If you're 16, you're old enough for a job in most states and old enough to buy a debit card for use on the market. :D
  14. CruzControl

CruzControl New Member

i totally agree. i am not a credit card owner and i honestly wish i was just to purchase a few of these amazing apps in the market. if there was a prepaid card system in stores like the ones you buy for prepaid phones, i would consider spending money on that for apps. :D
  15. Laramie

Laramie New Member

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention but I though those pre-paid visa cards were a $50 minimum.

16. Game4set

Game4set New Member

There isn't really a minimum for them, but there's like a $3 fee to activate them.
  17. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

i can understand your rant and see your point of view. In my opinion if people dont want to buy an application then thats there choice but if they go off and try to get paid apps for free then thats wrong. honestly these guys put ALOT of work into there applications and deserve to get something for it like titanium backup, rom manager premium, beautiful widgets, etc. they all deserve the small donation from you and it wont kill somebody to be out a few bucks that helps them get more updates :)
  18. Jonny Kansas

Been a long time since I bought one, but I swear I've seen them for $10 or $20. You can put the amount you want, but I think I've seen people get them for giveaways with smaller amounts than $50.

And, if you're willing to spend money on apps, why not save up and buy a card even if there is a $50 minimum? You can use it for anything anywhere visa is accepted, and visa is everywhere you want to be...our at least that's what they used to say. Lol

Or you could use all of that money for apps over an extended period of time.

Just some thoughts...
  19. givmedew

givmedew New Member

I do agree that the apple store is easier heck you used to and maybe still could slam your parents AOL account w/ apple store purchases as long as they had set you as a primary lol or you had their password LOL!!! (not responsible for any children doing this)

As for if you have your own money!!! You can get a prepaid debit card from Russell Simmons!!! You can be a legit baller hahaha!

As for who this thread was targeted at!!! Your PARENTS... I run into quite a few droid users every day and the majority of them REFUSE to purchase apps and the majority of them waste money on cigarettes, alchohol, $5 coffees, $55/m gym memberships!!!

I was just saying if your one of those people and you find it hard to hit that button that says purchase just think about the horrible substances you are pumping into your body at premium costs! Hell even if your a gun supporter... lol, 500rds of cheep 223 is what $150?
  20. Arkainzeye

Arkainzeye New Member

maybe the people who arent spending the money on the apps are the people saying to themselves. (that app isnt worth it?) Ill be honest 99% of the apps i see in the market i think are useless.. but to each their own..
Search tags for this page

am i spending money on apps if my phone is rooted?